Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

seasonal forest fires

After the archery training nerf on same target for more than 10 minutes I've decided to try and go out and train it regularly on my server (Elevation). The only problem I am having is that I cannot see any creatures, nor recover my arrows after I do find something to shoot simply because there are too many trees. Too many trees, not enough players to manage them.

My suggestion (with help from a friend) is to add forest fires to the game. These can be caused by lightning strikes, or something, and it burns down lets say, a 5x5 area? This should only be able to occur at least 50 tiles from deeds to prevent any grief. These should be able to happen regularly, as if you spent more than 10 minutes on Elevation you'll realize its literally nothing but trees at the moment. We need a way to counter the growth (expecting 5 people to take care of an entire server is nonsensical). 

• Like 3

+1  the tree's are taking over

Seasonal likelihood would be good, high chance in summer months, nil or extremely low chance in winter 

Edited by Bart

Anyone who has been in xan knows there are too many trees. Would love if tree plague wiped a few thousand out.

18 minutes ago, Arvid said:

Deserts (lots of sand) are great for archery practice ;-)

I find deserts tend to attract/spawn lots of scorpions (terrible for archery) and they seem to be few and far between on Elevation currently, dunno about xan

• Like 1

Another bad idea to assist the tree killers. Move to the PvE servers and soon enough Rifts will indiscriminately kill off all (almost) the trees in a random area and then move on to the next spot leaving more devastation behind. Otherwise, if you find them to be a nuisance simply chop them down and leave another ugly barren area behind to add to the mess.

=Ayes=

2 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Another bad idea to assist the tree killers. Move to the PvE servers and soon enough Rifts will indiscriminately kill off all (almost) the trees in a random area and then move on to the next spot leaving more devastation behind. Otherwise, if you find them to be a nuisance simply chop them down and leave another ugly barren area behind to add to the mess.

=Ayes=

The frequency of these strikes could be adjusted based on tree to player ratios or something fancy. 

New Libilla spell - Rotting Sphere

Cast at a tile. All trees/bushes in 20 tile radius around this tile start to rot rapidly, turning into ashes in few days.