Sign in to follow this  
Ashanaak

[No Bug] Cannot Build Stone Walls

Masonry 35, Carpentry 40. Was building a multi-storied stone house, got to the fourth floor, built the floors and made wall plans, but when I activated my trowel with a mortar and brick in my inventory and tried to build a stone wall, it triggered an event message saying that only craftsmen of greater skill could build walls. Tried building the same wall on a lower floor and was able to, but when I went to build it on the fourth floor, the event message was triggered again and I was unable to. This could easily be me not understanding game mechanics, but at 39+ carpentry I was able to build the fourth floor, and all that is required to build stone walls is 30 masonry. Can be replicated by trying to build a stone wall on the fourth floor of a house with 30+ masonry and 39+ carpentry.

Goodness gracious. Thank you so much, I misinterpreted that chart. My apologies for the false bug report!

1 hour ago, Ashanaak said:

Goodness gracious. Thank you so much, I misinterpreted that chart. My apologies for the false bug report!

No problem at all.  I wasn't certain myself, so I ran onto the test server to verify.  Good luck with your house.  You could always build wooden walls for now if you wanted to, then replace them with stone when you have the skill.