Sign in to follow this  
Guzten

Wurm Online Discord Server!

Hi, as the title reads I've created a Discord server for Wurm Online 

Feel free to join and have a chat!

https://discord.gg/kwJ85uu

Note: Wurm Online is a game produced by Code Club AB. Wurm Online and Code Club AB do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, products, services or information available on this Discord server.
This Discord server is not connected to Wurm Online nor is it the official website. Please visit the Wurm Online Official Site at www.wurmonline.com

Edited by Guzten
Edit: New link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, froggy25 said:

it sys it expired

Okay, I'll fix it.

We gotta make this a thing that people actually wanna use! Sofar we've been getting only positive feedback!

Well, let's give this a spin and see how it turns out :)

• Like 1

What is discord and whats the idea for this?

is this basically a teamspeak for all of wurm to join or what

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mclovin said:

Discord is a voice comms and text comm program. Started using it recently, canceled my TS server and wont ever use another mumble, vent, ts again. Crushes them all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mclovin said:

Discord is a lot like TS in that you can join a channel with other people and actively use voice/text comms with them, but you can also be joined to the discord server and leave messages for others to read later, much like other IM services.  Its kind of better than most commonly used VOIP programs even though its still in development, but as it's still in development, can occasionally cause issues for its users.  For example, HOTS-Epic tried migrating from teamspeak to discord at one point but we found that we were receiving about 5 second latency on our voice comms.  This isn't the norm for discord, but since we were experiencing it in pvp, we opted to go back to using teamspeak instead.  I think once discord is fully developed and all the kinks worked out, it will probably become the most popular VOIP/communications program, surpassing teamspeak/skype/mumble/ventrillo/etc

• Like 5

Discord is pretty great, I am curious how the old voip services like TS and Ventrillo are going to fair out in the future, some people still use Skype for communication (I personally think Skype is the worse thing for any kind of gaming event) I've never had any issue with any of them though but Discord is free and probably the most user friendly. I've had to watch 30- 40 mins long videos of how to set permissions on TS just to avoid from someone taking full control of my server.

On 12/25/2016 at 6:19 PM, Alexgopen said:

Discord is a lot like TS in that you can join a channel with other people and actively use voice/text comms with them, but you can also be joined to the discord server and leave messages for others to read later, much like other IM services.  Its kind of better than most commonly used VOIP programs even though its still in development, but as it's still in development, can occasionally cause issues for its users.  For example, HOTS-Epic tried migrating from teamspeak to discord at one point but we found that we were receiving about 5 second latency on our voice comms.  This isn't the norm for discord, but since we were experiencing it in pvp, we opted to go back to using teamspeak instead.  I think once discord is fully developed and all the kinks worked out, it will probably become the most popular VOIP/communications program, surpassing teamspeak/skype/mumble/ventrillo/etc

That issue you had is weird though, I'm not 100% sure how Discord host it's servers, but latency usually just means server distance issues.

On 12/27/2016 at 0:18 AM, Legios said:

Discord is pretty great, I am curious how the old voip services like TS and Ventrillo are going to fair out in the future, some people still use Skype for communication (I personally think Skype is the worse thing for any kind of gaming event) I've never had any issue with any of them though but Discord is free and probably the most user friendly. I've had to watch 30- 40 mins long videos of how to set permissions on TS just to avoid from someone taking full control of my server.

That issue you had is weird though, I'm not 100% sure how Discord host it's servers, but latency usually just means server distance issues.

Absolutely nothing. The history of VOIP's:

MSN came first

Teamspeak

Skype came along~

Ventrillo

Teamspeak 3

Now Discord. But theres still size-able communities in all except MSN for obvious reasons. Join any WoW or EQ2 guild and they still run vent or teamspeak 3. Newer users find discord better but i find teamspeak superior simply due to the customization your given whereas discord is an over-developed skype group chat that only works 80% of the time. 

I spent nearly all day in the celebration comms yesterday. No one showed up. What do :(

i popped in.. 77 users, nice work. 

edit;
I had a confusion but resolved it myself

Edited by Steveleeb