Sign in to follow this  
DreDBanGeR

Cant access the forum via main ip[solved]

since a few days i cant access the forum via my normal ip anymore. currently accessing via a proxy. 

im wondering whether ive been accidentally ipbanned.

clearly my forum account is not suspended and i can play the game no problem. accessing the forums however is not possible and has been for the last week or so.

id highly appreciate it if someone could solve this. ( dns works fine and i can ping the server.. but i dont have access,

also i have a fixed ip.

with regards 

Dred

Edited by DreDBanGeR

What's happening when you try to access it, some message by the forum software or nothing loading at all?

nothing is loading at all, it doesnt work on my pc or my phone from home, but it does on any other pc not on this ip. ive changed up dns servers to see if that would fix it. pinging the website gives me the website ip so i can see it. and tracert just sends me on a wild goosechase around the world.

i have had this issue at least twice in the passed year.  I could not get to the forum for about a week in both cases, did the traceroute and all there was no reason it was not working spoke to a couple people about it and there did not seem to be anything wrong, then it started working again, the second time i was too busy to put in a support ticket, but again after about a week it was working again 

Could you open a command prompt on a PC from which it isn't working, run the command "nslookup forum.wurmonline.com" and paste the results here?

2 weeks later i have regular access again :D 

still confused as why this happened but oh well ;)

[closed]