I don't care how you look at the fountain pan issue, it is ultimately 110% the fault of Code Club. They allowed a known bug to exist within the game for 8 years before deciding to take it out. This created an implied, if not explicit, decision that "we are fixing the bug so that no more items can be crafted, but all already existing items can remain in the game as legacy items." Due to this decision, a new market was created. Code Club was very aware of this market. They had no objection to people spending good coin/cash on them, just like with any other item in the game. Code Club should have removed all existing pans on the day the bug fix was deployed if they didn't accept leaving them in the game. That is the bottom line. I do realize that we are just beating a dead horse at this point, but I will say that I think it is an asshat move and a less than favorable business decision. It has played a significant part in 12 players (most of which ran several characters), that I know of, leaving the game. I highly doubt it has drawn a lick of new business though. It is simply another case of cry babies whining about someone having something that they don't. What I want to collect/hoard in my cart hurts nobody. However, other non-craftable items that do give players a significant advantage, such as bags of keeping/master bags of keeping, are fine because they were gifts. It's just ridiculous.

Edited by Macadelic
  • Like 7

Should be gone from game by now? Has the game now somehow improved for those, who didn't have it? Besides schadenfreude.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rixk said:

Should be gone from game by now? Has the game now somehow improved for those, who didn't have it? Besides schadenfreude.

The bank called me this morning to tell me that all my characters had been resubbed for a year free of charge, and then they sent over 5 supermodels in bikinis to set up my new free top of the line gaming PC.  Once I logged in on that new PC, a glow came from my screen which fixed all the potholes in my neighborhood and ended war in the Middle East.... yarr.

On 2016-12-18 at 10:29 AM, Klaa said:

Wonder what he plans for maids 'a milking or lords 'a leaping....

lZiA08e.jpg

Suddenly reindeeeeeeers.......Hmmm........ 

16 hours ago, Mordraug said:

The bank called me this morning to tell me that all my characters had been resubbed for a year free of charge, and then they sent over 5 supermodels in bikinis to set up my new free top of the line gaming PC.  Once I logged in on that new PC, a glow came from my screen which fixed all the potholes in my neighborhood and ended war in the Middle East.... yarr.

too bad it didnt get those face potholes

marketing strategy to make toons buy new items to store all their stuff in.

9 hours ago, tgod said:

too bad it didnt get those face potholes

Gonna take more than an anorexic mime to ruffle my feathers =)

If it weren't for the removal of those god awful fountain pans, many of these new features and items likely would have never seen the daylight. Sealing barrels, amphoras, and jars; Racks for said barrels/amphoras; Several of the runes, and decay changes all came from their removal.

• Like 2

They didn't need to remove something in order to bring something new in.  If you believe that, I do have some ocean front property for ya located in the beautiful state of Arizona.

But they are gone you can stop your bellyaching about something that a player with only what is it....2 months of playtime has no knowledge of.

• Like 2

If you guys spent half as much time preparing for the fountain pan apocalypse as you have whining that they were going away trying to reason why they should stay in the game, you'd have enough of the new items to not only hold everything your fountain pans held, but you could probably have sold enough extras to cover the cost of the fountain pan you lost.

I've had fun on the impalong though & really enjoy the new updates. Hopefully with the new pottery, amphora and barrel racks, we'll have a way to hold bulk crates coming soon.

• Like 1

The amount of items is one of the things but it was more the amount of items that were held that had no decay.  Now with very few exceptions everything that was inside them are subject to decay.  Some items can only have no decay if they are on a merchant or in inventory.  But they are gone. Instead of trying to rub everyone's face in it that did lose something, take the win like a good sport.  But guessing that is too much to ask from a good many in this game.

3 hours ago, Budzilla said:

If it weren't for the removal of those god awful fountain pans, many of these new features and items likely would have never seen the daylight. Sealing barrels, amphoras, and jars; Racks for said barrels/amphoras; Several of the runes, and decay changes all came from their removal.

Hehe, "god awful fountain pans". Just serious question. How did those fountain pans affect your daily life when they were in game? After such statement, they must've affected you very badly.

1 hour ago, Pashka said:

The amount of items is one of the things but it was more the amount of items that were held that had no decay.  Now with very few exceptions everything that was inside them are subject to decay.  Some items can only have no decay if they are on a merchant or in inventory.  But they are gone. Instead of trying to rub everyone's face in it that did lose something, take the win like a good sport.  But guessing that is too much to ask from a good many in this game.

I didn't win or lose anything as I didn't make or lose silver in this. I never had one so I don't know what I'm missing out on. My only complaint is that people are taking every chance and derailing any even remotely related post with the fountain pan crap. I'm sorry, you've had your year to vent. You lost. Play the game with the changes that have been made or don't.

I started playing over a year ago and had heard that they were going to be removed when CC offered SIMILAR options that the masses could get access to. With Amphoras, sealing, no / very reduced decay on deeds and all the other newer changes, they have given you SIMILAR options for everything fountain bags could do. The new ways 1) are available to anyone and 2) weren't created due to exploitation of a bug. Once CC realized it was happening, they should have immediately removed them. I'm sure with all the negative comments regarding this they probably wished they had.

• Like 1

I didn't derail this thread.  Scroll up before to the comment from Budzilla.  He is the one that cannot seem to let something go.  

Just now, Pashka said:

I didn't derail this thread.  Scroll up before to the comment from Budzilla.  He is the one that cannot seem to let something go.  

I never said you did. I said that "people" have been derailing threads to complain about Fountain Pans. It wasn't to you.

Heh, if anyone thought they could take away item which people have bought for 60-70 euros and it would all be quiet.. its naive at best.

The devs wiped simply out 60-70 euros value per pan from everyone(imagine one day them wiping drake sets from everyone, then you get close idea how those people feel). Yes, they came into existance via a bug, but those, who used the bug back in time, have cashed in already(would be interesting to know, if anyone even did research, how many actual bug users were "punished" with this).. Those, who bought the stuff from them and had nothing to do with the bug, are currently suffering losses. And the question is... for what? There has been no improvement to the game to justify those losses. The game hasn't won anything by removal of fountain pans. Don't start with amphoras etc again, those additions and pans aren't mutually exclusive(and those features "replaced" were just minor sideeffects of pans).

4 hours ago, Budzilla said:

ha, at first I thought you were being sarcastic.

*joking* So now to get new features, we need to get something removed?

Adding new features is not compensation as Tgod has posted, everyone equally gets them.  Thats like saying "Hey we are wiping all servers, heres 10s to make a new deed. 10s for people with no deeds and others with 30x30 deeds with many months upkeep in them.

Anyway, I feel for the people who lose out.....again..

3 hours ago, zethreal said:

I didn't win or lose anything as I didn't make or lose silver in this. I never had one so I don't know what I'm missing out on. My only complaint is that people are taking every chance and derailing any even remotely related post with the fountain pan crap. I'm sorry, you've had your year to vent. You lost. Play the game with the changes that have been made or don't.

I started playing over a year ago and had heard that they were going to be removed when CC offered SIMILAR options that the masses could get access to. With Amphoras, sealing, no / very reduced decay on deeds and all the other newer changes, they have given you SIMILAR options for everything fountain bags could do. The new ways 1) are available to anyone and 2) weren't created due to exploitation of a bug. Once CC realized it was happening, they should have immediately removed them. I'm sure with all the negative comments regarding this they probably wished they had.

People are replying to what is listed in this weeks news, same as yourself, only thing being derailed is not talking only about what you consider important in this weeks update.

Already enough from both sides on the topic of Fountain pans, the side opposite to your opinion can see daylight not having their heads shoved ....

12 hours ago, Budzilla said:

Whatever you want to believe...

amphoras require quite a bit of skill to even attempt...

racks were made for the winemakers who needed some place to put their wine/new drinks.

runes are just a "feature" some dev came up with to add to the nonsensical magic on magic on magic part of the game,(rifts are there to get players excited to do, so they don't lose subs).

decay changes don't affect objects inside furniture, so you still have to keep an eye on them when they're not used often.

I still haven't seen any confirmation as to WHY they were removed.

2 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

I still haven't seen any confirmation as to WHY they were removed.

You must not have bothered looking very hard then.

Besides Budda didn't like that it had high storage volume, there was no explanation given. What did it break? What obstacles that high volume created for development? Things would've been a lot different, when this was done differently. "Hey guys, we have to remove fountain pans, because it breaks X and makes us harder to improve feature Y in the future. But don't worry, we know you paid lots of cash for these items, so when the rifts will disappear, they leave behind this big uniqe decorative fountain.. which hopefully will be a nice reimbursement for your trouble."

instead it was done like this "We will remove the fountain pans, because I don't like them.. Yes, it cost you money, but suck it up".

But yeah, it was an item which was created via a bug. Yet the decision back then was made to let them stay in game for years after the actual bug was fixed. Don't start again with "where is the quote".. the fact, that they weren't removed means, that it was decided not to bother to remove them. So now suddenly they start to "fix" that, after so many years it meant simply, that those, who had nothing to do with the bug/exploiting it, had to pay the price.

All in all, it will be another one in the line of stupid decisions of Rolf(the decision was made, when Rolf was in charge): enabling PvP on home servers, Bashur saga, interfering directly to Sparta fight and causing huge losses with his interference.. just to name a few..

• Like 1