Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

FIXED > Always crashing

These crashes/ black outs fixed themselves somehow. Am happy.

Hi,

I just got new computer with Windows 10. I have been incessantly crashing, over and over from Wurm. Was wondering if this was the correct spot on forums to post my problem, this type of problem, or not.

My crashes come in different flavors.

Mostly, my Wurm window just disappears, and I get a crash report text file dropped on my desktop (I got a bunch of those now).

Sometimes, my entire computer crashes. Once, my Wurm online client window, suddenly went all black. could not see anything but a consistent black screen. Had to use task bar to close my wurm window, since I could not even see the little box that asked me if I really wanted to quit or not.

Is Windows 10 normally buggy w/ Wurm? Is this a known issue?

Any ideas at all what I can do to fix this? I just recently paid 1 year premium on this and would really like to continue playing Wurm, if at all possible. Also, if there is another place I should submit my issues, please do let me know.

Thanks your time,

TeeeBOMB

Edited by TeeeBOMB
CORRECTed problem

Can you post the contents of one of the hs_err_pid files on your desktop?

The error files will help us a lot, let us know if you are not sure how to find them.  The  most common causes of crashing that I see in the forums:

1) Computer is running 32 bit java while 64 bit client is running. Even if you also have 64 bit java, it often seems to use the 32 bit. Easiest solution -- uninstall 32-bit java and use ONLY the 64 bit manual offline download: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

2) Windows is trying to use microsoft drivers for the graphics. These are often optimized for microsoft's DirectX and play poorly with openGL games. Never trust windows update, instead get your video drivers direct from: NVIDIA/GEFORCE,  --  AMD/ATI/RADEON  --  INTEL

3) Sometimes a laptop with "switchable graphics" does not recofgnize a java program as a game, and tries to use powersaving intel instead of high performance gaming graphics. Udsually you can solve this by going to the graphics control panel, 3D Settings/Global, and tell it to "always use high performance graphics"

4) If you are stuck with intel integrated graphics, certain settings can help reduce crashes. i usually suggest intel users start with these settings and once they get crash free, start tweaking for bette r visuals. 

it might be something fdifferent and those error logs will show the actual cause of the crash.

Thanks guys.

Well for some reason. Wurm works normally and I am no longer having problems with Wurm black out. When I was having this problem, I learned that I could not watch utube vids when in wurm. Solved a bunch of my crashes & windows screen black outs.

Just today, I spent like 5 hours watching utube vids. No crash. No black out.

So - somehow.. it's fixed? I hope.

Thanks your inputs

o/

Something around flash's hardware acceleration setting.. google more about that.. play with your flash settings.. you might be able to watch/listen as you play.