Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Rifts - Does the score even do anything past 60?

51 minutes ago, Joelle said:

The discord banter was your reward, @Nadroj

"NAD I'M DYING AGAIN"

Banter according to Jo

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

"NAD I'M DYING AGAIN"

Banter according to Jo

We Jordan(n)s gotta stick together???? Idk I got nothing, I was super out of it last night. Thanks for saving me multiple times tho.

• Like 1

/me checks code

.sub roll rift reward.

..random 1..1000

...itemdrop if random =(1..pscore)

..if charactername Nadroj

..itemdrop if random =(1..pscore/100)

.endsub

There you go, mystery solved!

Edited by Kyleshandra

I'm guessing those massive scores came from priests casting AoE-type spells.  Looking at how even a half-assed priest can hit huge participation numbers really easily, I suspect priest scoring needs to be scaled down a bit.  Fighters have to be pretty decent and active to get over 90-100, right?  My experiences have been that most top participants are somewhere around 70-90.  If average priests are scoring around 200 (example value, I'm guessing here), then perhaps thier point gain should be halved or something.  Once it's a bit more balanced, the devs could look at upping drop rates? 

I dunno, personally, the drop rates don't feel too bad, but then, I enjoy the participation, and I use the moon metals, so I'm getting plenty of useful stuff already.  I guess if you've been playing on PvP for years, and already have a huge personal stash of moon metal, then that's less useful.

The last rift I did I managed to get over 700 points and be up near the top 10 on a fighting account and all I walked away with was .3 kg of seryll and .4 kg of glimmer.

Edited by Rasu

The range of points you guys are getting are well outside the max range we accounted for - I'll have another look at this in the near future to make things better for those higher point scores for rifts.

In relation to this, can I get a bit more info on your typical points you get per rift, what your skills are, what you're actively doing during the rift (killing, healing, tagging), how many people are at the rift etc. Some screenshots of final points of the rift (I think they're available publically aren't they?) would also be good to see the average pointage and how high the top people are getting compared to the rest. More info the better :).

• Like 6

Typical numbers lately on exodus is around 30-40 in attendance, average scores have been around 110-180 range (for those doing the killing), the healers typically place around 3-4x average score.

• Like 2

The last Deli one was most of the top 10 up near 200 and the only healer over 700.

I just fought in the most recent Xanadu Rift. I was half an hour late getting up for it (silly head cold) but still managed to walk away with a final score of 101. That's strictly fighting on horseback with a 2 handed sword, falling back occasionally to heal my wounds with cotton before heading back into the fray. Just got 70 FS (Mercenary title) at this Rift too. At the end of it all I got was .32 (?) glimmer lump. Which isn't uncommon... more often than not I'll get Rift scores in the range of 100-160 or 170 and only receive A lump. Others with lower scores will get lumps, pads, bracelets, necklaces, sometimes one of each.

I'm not necessarily complaining because I still enjoy the camaraderie and community feeling of the Rifts, but it does seem some further balancing could be achieved.

• Like 1

When I fight on a single fighter the point range is 200-300, if I switch accounts in the middle it is usually 150-160 both.

12 hours ago, Budda said:

The range of points you guys are getting are well outside the max range we accounted for - I'll have another look at this in the near future to make things better for those higher point scores for rifts.

In relation to this, can I get a bit more info on your typical points you get per rift, what your skills are, what you're actively doing during the rift (killing, healing, tagging), how many people are at the rift etc. Some screenshots of final points of the rift (I think they're available publically aren't they?) would also be good to see the average pointage and how high the top people are getting compared to the rest. More info the better :).

Been to more than half of all rifts to date, always scored in top...6-7 (scored 140-190).

Attack till dead, move on to next critter - attack till dead, move on, etc.

90 skill in 2h sword, 85++ fs

Typically around 30-40 people at the rift, and a lot of those with far less points getting 2-3 items per rift, top players (that I asked) not really

personally, never EVER gotten anything else than sad lumps

Edited by Thorakkanath

16 hours ago, Budda said:

Here's a screenshot of the Xanadu rift this week. I'm told there was nobody at this rift casting LoF, which is how healers usually rack up so many points.

cCP5uww.jpg

• Like 1

For the first lot of rifts I took a healer priest and got top score or close to top scores all the time, with hardly a lump.  I stopped taking her as I burnt lots and lots and LOTS of gems/favour yet only got a minuscule amount of moon-metal.  Now I go on my main account to flutter around there whenever I finished grooming my horses first (usually after the first wave ended), reach phenominal somewhere in the third wave, afk every now and again to have some food and coffee in between, and get more reward than I ever got on the priest.  My friend, who gets to the rift well in advance, fights all the time, has over 80 fight skill and weapon skill, tags and kills one mob at a time and then moves on to the next one, and who usually hits phenominal fairly early on in the rift, always ends in top ten, and NEVER afks to get food or sneak away to watch a youtube video in between, gets far less than me.  

I've found only a few screenshots, all from back last summer and not always at the end of the rift... but anyway I've not really been to rifts since then.

Spoiler

q75Y8xX.png

7CM5ZQX.png

uooPxMW.png

Edited by Jaz

Top fighters usually score between 150-180 up to 200-220 depending on the number of people attending..

But the way points are distributed is not fair, in my opinion, since you don't even have to do any damage, you just grab the fastest weapon you can handle and start tagging every creature that you can, then step back and wait for others to do the work and kill them. I used to destroy creatures before, using a 2h weapon, but I was only barely reaching top 10. So i made a test two rifts ago and used a 1h + shield and tagged every creature on the battlefield that i could, and that made me the top fighter on the list..This is in my opinion not fair.. and points should be rewarded based on damage dealt, not creatures tagged, because that can be done by someone with 20fs that doesn't actually help with anything towards actually closing the rift.. and it's particularly unbalanced since having high scores gives you much more chances to get good loot at the end..

Healer/Priest points are also unbalanced, I've been to a lot of rifts where priests would score 4-5 times more than the first fighter on the list.. but they also work really hard and waste a lot of mats.. so.. not sure..

Maybe if rift points would be split into two categories.. fighters and healers.. and healers would roll for different items (new items) than shoulders, like capes (yes.. i said it :P ) that would give them priest specific buffs (channelling, higher chance to land a high cast, etc).. and can only be worn by 40+faith players to make sure we give priests some uniqueness and love

Edited by faty

I'm finding myself very tempted to just get dead on 60 points on each character i bring and see if i get more reward this time xD

8 hours ago, Nadroj said:

I'm finding myself very tempted to just get dead on 60 points on each character i bring and see if i get more reward this time xD

RIP, this is going to be a long rift =p

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

RIP, this is going to be a long rift =p

Aww buddy i'll still spam heals to protect you from your deathwish, i'll just be doing it off the rift area.

So what is wrong spending 2 hrs to earn a piece of glimmer? And maybe some shoulders.

We don't need be drowning in that material we already have constant flow of it from rifts. Same with shoulders there are so many on sale constantly. 

I don't do much rift and am vocally against it. They aren't inticing at all and require a lot of time for little to no reward. They definitely need to revamp the reward system to make it actually rewarding. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, faty said:

Top fighters usually score between 150-180 up to 200-220 depending on the number of people attending..

But the way points are distributed is not fair, in my opinion, since you don't even have to do any damage, you just grab the fastest weapon you can handle and start tagging every creature that you can...

Ya, either damage dealt, or even number of killing blows would be a far better system.  (probably weighted by creature difficulty.  adolescent beast != champ ogre)

4 hours ago, Belgrim said:

Ya, either damage dealt, or even number of killing blows would be a far better system.  (probably weighted by creature difficulty.  adolescent beast != champ ogre)

1 point for tagging and bonus points for damage done seems fair, you want to reward the heavy hitters but not cut out weaker characters.

Please, please, please - remove getting points from tagging

Because in the end you are rewarding people that tag everything, instead of rewarding someone that kills stuff

Someone that fights 1 mob at a time, kills it and moves on - will have always a lower score than someone that manages to tag every single mob

In my opinion, that is not what the top scorer should be, the person that can hit most animals, but the person that does most damage

• Like 1