Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Can GMs Heal themselves?

I'm a GM (Implementor) on a friend's server. I know how to heal others using the ebony wand and choosing Heal, and I know how to do First Aid on myself. However, I'm hoping someone knows of a way to use the wand to instantly heal myself when I get wounded.

I often turn Invulnerability off so I can hunt and gain fight skill, which  means I often get wounded.  It would be great to be able to magically heal myself the way I do for others.

Click on the ground with wand, use test option, even on a server without test enabled it'll heal you, restore food, water and stamina.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 4:28 AM, Zenity said:

Click on the ground with wand, use test option, even on a server without test enabled it'll heal you, restore food, water and stamina.

When I do this, I heal fully, but then the red injury bar restores itself immediately and removes the healing. I've experimented with this when in Vulnerable and Invulnerable mode, and get the same result.  Any idea why this is happening? I wonder if there's some setting I need to tweak.

On 12/15/2016 at 4:28 AM, Zenity said:

I figured it out!  I was doing what you said, but using the wrong wand.  I had been using the ebony wand, but this works for me only with the ivory wand.  Yay!  Thanks for your help.  :-)

why would you want to gain fight skill as a GM char by killing stuff? you can just set your fight skill to whatever you want.  GM chars really aren't designed for normal play - if you want to play the game, you're a lot better off just making a regular character, and keeping the GM char for testing, fixing stuff, etc.

• Like 2

But you can also use a gm for testing different amour weapons spells and much more