Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Rare ovens change affinities

Keep it, if you change it then my supreme oven would revert to normal oven recipes and its pretty stupid, I wasted a few weeks figuring things out for nothing then, and in term messes with more people's affinities. Why do you keep catering to one complainer, who is making a big deal out of nothing.

Better a bit pain for some now (okay - quite a bit for some, but still stands) then a whole mountain of lasting pain for almost all down the way. So option B would be my choice. Oh and how about using that long-forgotten ingame-polling system for this? I'm sure some brushing off dust from that will do it well. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Niki said:

Keep it, if you change it then my supreme oven would revert to normal oven recipes and its pretty stupid, I wasted a few weeks figuring things out for nothing then, and in term messes with more people's affinities. Why do you keep catering to one complainer, who is making a big deal out of nothing.

People will have to re-check affinities either way, since most of us probably didn't think to differentiate. Plus, anyone will have to re-check who, at some point, decides to get a rare oven and actually wants to, y'know, use it. And if you use a rare oven now, and checked affinities with it, you'll be screwed if, at some point in the future, you're somewhere else and need to cook with a normal oven, or eat food from someone who did.

There's really no perfect solution to this, or even a solution that doesn't result in people having to make new affinity lists, so I'm personally going with the one that leads to fewer headaches long-term.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 2:05 PM, Stanlee said:

Same. I'd far rather have a wipe and invalidate all my notes due to this being unintentional rather than having to use a rare oven every time I want one of my notes to work.

This makes more sense in this thread than in the poll. I should go change my vote there. This would indeed stink, Stanlee. All of my one singlar only oven is normal. LOL I would never have encountered or even considered that quirk.

37 minutes ago, Kianga said:

Oh and how about using that long-forgotten ingame-polling system for this? I'm sure some brushing off dust from that will do it well. :)

I support this in spades!

Screw changing it,, I already had to redo over 200 meals on 3 toons the last time the bug was fixed and it changed everything I asked for a rollback when that happened and was told deal with it by players and GM. Im now over 300 meals made and all in a rare oven. Guess what, DEAL WITH IT!

NO CHANGES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!