Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

Rune applied to boat not functioning

I installed a 10% wind bonus rune to my knarr, even with me paddling it would not go over 9kn/hr, with the wind, or into the wind, same speed. I relogged a few times, then decided to goto a unique fight, logged 4 more times, when I came back to the ship it now reacts semi-normally to wind changes but it does not seem to be going any faster than it did befor the rune was attached. What kind of bugs are known about the new runes, hopefully being worked on?

10% is not a lot when you're talking about such small numbers, it might not be even noticeable if you're not already doing 25+

Also take note it's Wind Bonus, not speed bonus, so the formula might be completely different and give even less of a boost than you're expecting.

Edited by Legios

adamantine rune of Magranon:    10% vehicle speed

Thats the one you are probably wanting the bonus from

The wind speed is just 10 percent of wind

( pulling random numbers )

Gale 25kph  = 2.5 bonus

Light Wind 9kph = .9 kph bonus ( or 1 if wurm rounds it up )

So really not much noticeable difference.

On 15-12-2016 at 7:31 PM, Stormblade said:

adamantine rune of Magranon:    10% vehicle speed

Thats the one you are probably wanting the bonus from

A bit of a bump, but would this work on boats? The "vehicle" part suggest more towards carts/wagons. If it would work on boats to, then I dont see the use of the windspeed one compared to this one (ok, ada is a bit harder to obtain if you dont do much rifts).

Because 10% of a boat traveling 25 will always be 2.5 km/h extra.

Taken into consideration that ql now affects boatspeed, the windspeed is smaller now, which would result in an even smaller bonus with the bronze rune of Fo, making it more useless compared to ada mag rune (if again, this ada rune works on boats to).

Any more details (perhaps from devs) if "vehicles" include boats?

More inquiring minds want to know. :) How are they intended to work, speed by wind rune and vehicle speed rune, for ships? I understand other players are also disappointed that "it doesn't work", aka no noticeable effect on ships.

Afaik in wurm ships are vehicles.