Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Help creating dyes

I'm trying to paint my walls rainbow coloured, but I can't work out how to get the colours I want. For example, for red, even when I use water and a cochineal, I get R=168, G=87, B=87. For the red I want I need red 255 and the other two zero. Does anyone know how I strip out the green and blue values?

These are the colours I need. If anyone has the method/formulas for these, please let me know!

Red: R=255 , G=0 , B=0

Orange: R=255 , G=128 , B=0

Yellow: R=255 , G=255 , B=51

Green: R=0 , G=255 , B=0

Blue: R=0 , G=127 , B=255

Purple: R=127 , G=0 , B=255

Pink: R=255 , G=0 , B=127

Edited by Attenia

If you're wanting to get perfect or near perfect red you're going to have to use 100QL cochineals and have really high Natural Subs skill and/or a lot of luck. The orange, you'll need to start with your perfect red and then smush in copper lumps to raise the green value to 128. The green, you'll need 100QL copper lumps and a lot of luck. That blue/green color is going to need a miracle as you'll need a 100QL woad and then mush in some copper lumps. Purple - you'd need the miracle blue and then mush in some lower quality cochineal. The pink you'll need to use some more perfect red and mush in some medium quality woad to raise the blue value up. I think there are a few limitations for how much you can raise the values though.

Google Wurm Amish dyes. It's called something like that anyways. may just want to buy some.