Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Right-click Menu's becomes inoperable

Ello

This is an issue that existed in Wurm Online for me, and quite a number of others that I have spoken to.

I now see it happening in WU as well, and currently for both me and my friend (Angora).

The menu's that appear throughout the game on <item>->right-click will intermittently become inoperable. They will pop up when you right click an item, or tile, but the sub-menu's within them will not highlight and expand as they should.

The only fix is an alt-tab to windows and back, exactly as it was in WO.

Since I first experienced this, I have gone from my old Radeon to a GTX 970, so the ubiquitous graphics driver blame is not ideal in this case.

I experience this on my Linux client (WO) and my windows 7 WU client, Angora gets the same thing in Win10.

It's very distracting and annoying, and I cannot say I have played many games that require an alt-tab to keep clicking :D

If anyone knows what this is about or how to fix it, Ill love you!

sounds similar to this, not sure if any of the suggestions at the end help you at all

I use alt tab a lot however instead of fullscreen, I use resizeable window that is then maximized to full size, which gives me access to the taskbar. I can;t recall ever having issues with alt tab in resizeable window mode (may not be a good solution for you)

Also, back when i played Bethesda games, i found I had far less issues with alt tab if I kept a blank page of notepad open; seems alttab sometimes gets glitched if there is not another program to tab to. 

Do you run multiple monitors, do you use a multimonitor program named DisplayFusion, and if not is your graphics card set to a single primary monitor only?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marlon said:

The menu's that appear throughout the game on <item>->right-click will intermittently become inoperable. They will pop up when you right click an item, or tile, but the sub-menu's within them will not highlight and expand as they should.

The only fix is an alt-tab to windows and back, exactly as it was in WO.

I've been getting this exactly problem occasionally on Wurm Online for about as long as I've been playing.

For what it's worth, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and an NVidia GTX 760. Also occurred when this computer was using a GTX 750Ti.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Never happened to me on Wurm Online, but now it happens maybe once every 30 minutes on Wurm Unlimited, its very annoying !

Valiance and Kaylie.

Thanks for the confirms guys, good to know I am not losing my marbles :D

Going to check out that other thread in a sec, and will report back if anything fixes it. Other than alt-tabbing like I am in 1998, so far nothing solves it. 

I play fullscreen mode, not windowed. So maybe something worth trying, not that I think it's a good solution, but worth it.

Edited by Marlon

Ah the other thread linked above has some valid points. NIcely.

I noticed however that I cannot change those settings in compatibility on the shortcut (to wurm unlimited's launcher).

http://prnt.sc/dhmstr

See if this helps with greyed out options in Compatibility Settings:

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/249913-compatibility-settings-64-bit-applications.html

You can also disable some of these settings computerwide, this link refers specifically to Disable Desktop Composition:

http://ccm.net/faq/14922-windows-7-disable-desktop-composition

EDIT: I also remember now there being an issue with PUSH TO TALK applications ,messing with the Wurm rightclick menu, see this thread if you have any chat programs installed:

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

I also have had this issue off and on since I got a new 6 button mouse, talking to others with this issue I have long suspected a connection with gaming mice and this issue, might be the fact that Wurm, or perhaps some Java libraries don't recognise the extra signals passed by today's multi button mice.

Note that this issue also occurs on WO as well, so it's not restricted to Unlimited by any means.

Alt-Tab does fix it, and I also run in 'Window-Resizeable mode to allow access to taskbar, it's not a permanent solution however, more of a workaround for an issue that has been around since before WU was released.

It's also not an OS issue, I have the same issue in Linux as well, with the same alt-tab solution.

While I don't use any PTT software at all, it does make me wonder if that might also apply to multi button mice, since My wife, who also plays Wurm, has never had this issue, she uses a 2 button + wheel mouse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zenity said:

While I don't use any PTT software at all, it does make me wonder if that might also apply to multi button mice, since My wife, who also plays Wurm, has never had this issue, she uses a 2 button + wheel mouse.

I think that sounds like a very good issue to explore, I would not be surprised if it happens more often with multibutton gaming mice

I only use a 2 button wheel mouse, it happens to me, however you have made me think, I started to use teamspeak 3 daily about 2 months ago, this seems to be about the same time I started to get problems, I also use middle mouse button as push to talk.

Im going to use a different keybind today and see if it stops it.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Wow thanks guys.

I like you style.

This thread made me look lazy! The PTT issue seems to more common than I thought, going to investigate this right now.(I am using TS :| )

Will also try what Wulfrock mentioned.

If this works, Ill send you donuts, in my heart.

Disable the teamspeak overlay plugin under Options => Plugins. This could be the reason.

When I activated my overlay plugin last time, WU didn't start anylonger. So don't use overlays in OpenGL games.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

The best way to get rid of this is to simply alt tab it always fixes it for me.

PS if you're playing on window mode just simply click outside of the game window and it will get fixed too.

Edited by Legios
  • Like 1