Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Meditation Rework

I went looking for the post where I said this wouldn't be a near future change, but apparently I never actually posted that. On the timeline of things this was always planned to be incorporated into new UI designs, so would be coming in around the same time - though with how long that stuff is taking I'll see about working out a slightly jankier version to go out sooner (jankier in that it would have a very basic ui for deciding paths and abilities gained, instead of a pretty one like the examples posted a few pages back). Give me a couple months to finish work on other stuff already underway and I'll start moving this to the top of the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budda said:

couple months

See you in 2019 when there isn't a population on pvp servers or anyone that still cares about it enough.

• Like 1

On 2017-03-21 at 1:30 AM, Budda said:

I went looking for the post where I said this wouldn't be a near future change, but apparently I never actually posted that. On the timeline of things this was always planned to be incorporated into new UI designs, so would be coming in around the same time - though with how long that stuff is taking I'll see about working out a slightly jankier version to go out sooner (jankier in that it would have a very basic ui for deciding paths and abilities gained, instead of a pretty one like the examples posted a few pages back). Give me a couple months to finish work on other stuff already underway and I'll start moving this to the top of the list.

hahaha, gonna move it up the list in a few months eh?

So work wont even begin untill atleast around august (I bet it will begin far later in the year, if at all)... Meaning this suggestion which was made before christmas will most likely not appear prior to the next christmas.
Pathetic frankly.

edit: but thanks for clarifying that its not a "near future change" 5 months later. Totally didnt realise it after ya gave nearly a half year of silence.

Edited by Zekezor

I just read this and made me all kinds of fuzzy on my loins. Make this happen please.

On 12/8/2016 at 1:43 AM, Zekezor said:

Love performs 3x healing for all non-spell sources. (+20% per level. This includes cotton, lifetransfer, regen and mycelium absorbation)

Hate gets 20% dmg bonus and 20% offensive cr bonus. (2% per level. does not stack with passive faith bonuses.)

Insanity gets 20% dmg reduction (2% per level.)

Power gets 30% stamina reduction (3% per level)

Knowledge gets 25% skill increase (2.5% per level)

I assume that by "per level" you mean the old "ranks"?

Also.. as I read it.. you're able to get a new rank every week(because of cooldowns between 'questions' to advance, and I'm guessing.. no more spamming the meditation to get a question.. you just advance after a week?)

How do you skill up the skill itself.. and how is the meditation advancement actually going to be implemented?

As it was in old mechanic or something new?

Some abilities might be op and odd to have around from the start, creating some 'interesting' situations... like rng teleport buffed/healed/etc...; spawning a wrath in a pen with animals.. to grief somebody in pve, etc...

rng tele. shouldn't allow random to pop in other's houses/fenced(locked) deeds..(random place in the water .. LUL:lol: - that's ok...); 

wrath/spider/wolf spawn attacks only 'hostiles' but that includes hellhorses for example... or somebody's farm with aggressive mobs, spider is able to teleport trough fences I'm guessing.. and could go wilder.

Aside from the mess pvpers have to deal with... rest seems ~good.

btw.. read the 1st line in the quote.. love path seems to get really a lot of love with this... 20% per level:rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Finnn
trimmed the quote
  • Like 1

I'am just curious, what is the purpose of switching tile, on wich we meditate (the rule of 10 tile distance)? It is pretty annoying. I always forgot in wich tile meditated recently : )

• Like 2

ive resorted to dropping something on the tile i just meditated on....  guess im getting old  :)

1 minute ago, newman330 said:

ive resorted to dropping something on the tile i just meditated on....  guess im getting old  :)

Of course, tile can be marked. But why this mechanic were implemented?

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

I'am just curious, what is the purpose of switching tile, on wich we meditate (the rule of 10 tile distance)? It is pretty annoying. I always forgot in wich tile meditated recently : )

I used to meditate on the tile infront of the forge.. than 11 tiles aside of the house.. another shed with more smithing work and just moved between the 2 every 30/180min~. Hard to lose track that way..

at least that was my hack to that; I also had a console find/grep to show me the last meditation time...(when in doubt.. use a 3rd tile somewhere else, important part was the cooldown timer):unsure:

• Like 1

I see most comments points out for pvp, but from what i see here in the suggestion, in pve getting another path instead of PoK is insane (and not the path...).
Should give some decent, useable powers also to other paths for pve,  like making erupt easier to cast and working somewhat like strongwall, acting on a mined tile to fill it back with rock (mine fixing finally), or maybe a PoI power that changes randomly the ql of an item of +- 5/10 points.

Maybe adds use of karma in some meditation powers?

Edited by Rauros

Meh, there are more important things to spend dev time on, in my opinion.  I'm quite happy with how my path works now.

I think one point is very important: unless respec is free, instant and simple,  perks that are PvE or rather "deed-building", unrelated to combat, should be completely separate from the rest. Perks that aren't useful in pvp situations.

If the meditation system is to become a more combat-related class system with a separate skilltree, please, do leave peaceful features aside from it. Treehugger is not a combat class.

Right now it's probably just enchanted grass, maybe also get info (1), but who knows what else is in developers' minds.

@BuddaSemirelated to topic but can we excpect at least minor ui changes any time soon, i'm very interested to see direction in which those are going or is it going to be one huge update in a year or so?

Also only thing that makes sense for enchanted grass if it's going to be available to everyone not just to pol people would be new transmutation liquid(oranges maybe) imo or rune but with current avialibility of rift resources, why not even to have all options :)

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

@kochinacRIfts are still rare for some.. spawn time for this  event is RNG~ish.... unless you often have free time to play... it's hard to go there and spank the bunnies for their loots.

• Like 1

@FinnExactly that would encourage people to seek path of love for enchanted grass still, while giving oportunity to people to make few tile when there isn't pol char nearby. If you would make it easy accesible via runes why would people decide to pursuit path of love. I also don't have time to play every rift often i manage to get only to one or rarely 2 a month but i still have rift mats for all my needs.. and beside with price of 10c per one these days they arent really hard to get as they used to be. It's all about of having options that are simmilar by effort with small boost to original option in my opinion...

Edited by kochinac

So now that Budda has just drawn a ton of attention to this thread, I feel its time to point out that nothing has been mentioned about levels higher than 11. The two other posts that brought it up earlier were ignored.

7 hours ago, Trooper said:

So now that Budda has just drawn a ton of attention to this thread, I feel its time to point out that nothing has been mentioned about levels higher than 11. The two other posts that brought it up earlier were ignored.

I feel a lot of abilities could benefit from being "Uses per day" with the uses increasing by one every level after you get it. Good examples would be Refresh or Get Info.

• Like 1

snipped

Edited by Scribble