Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Animal suggestions

Since I've got a lot of suggestions about animals, I thought I'd organise them all into one topic.

1. Male champions should be able to pass on the champion trait without a champion female. Perhaps there should be less chance of it happening with a male, but there should at least be a chance.

2. Horse gear should be able to be put on animals with similar physiology to horses, such as unicorns, cows and bison. Maybe bridles won't go on bison, but everything else should be able to fit. Unicorns in particular are almost exactly the same as horses apart from the horn, they really should be able to wear gear.

3. Animals should be able to be led across servers. As I understand this is a difficult programming issue, but not being able to move animals across is very limiting, especially to those of us who breed them, so I think this issue needs to be fixed.

4. There should be more sea animals that you can tame or dominate. I say make octopi and dolphins tameable, sea serpents and sharks able to be dominated, and add some more tameable creatures, such as sea horses, sea otters, sting rays, etc.

5. Let's make a fence that players can pass but animals can't, that would be really useful.

6. Minotaurs - can exist only in caves, can be dominated and spawn as champs, possibly put some limiters on it for pvp so that they don't end up too powerful.

7. I'd love to see conditions such as champion available for more animals. Maybe for animals that don't spawn from lairs there could be a smaller chance of champions spawning so that servers aren't overrun by them, but it would be nice if they existed. I'd particularly love a champion tortoise.

8. On pve servers it should be possible to have multiple animals tame at once, depending on your taming skill. I know this can be cause unfair advantage in battles on pvp, but there shouldn't be any problem on pve.

9. There should be a 'stop fighting' command. If your tamed animal gets into a fight with one of your other animals (which has happened many times to me) it's impossible to get them to stop unless you're leading one, and they keep fighting until one kills the other.

10. I'm not sure why champions of rideable animals aren't big like the other champions, but I don't see why they shouldn't be. It's not like it would give the rider an extra advantage, it would just be awesome.

11. Gold dragons - why do we not have these?

12. Please stop animals from all congregating in one corner and getting diseased. I gather this is also a difficult programming issue, but it makes keeping pastures of animals very difficult, so I think it needs to be looked into.

13. Animals still have green outlines even after the love effect has worn off, which is annoying and confusing. Can we change this, please?

14. I'm not quite sure why certain animals can't be groomed. I get it wouldn't make much sense to able to groom a scorpion, but if you can groom pigs, you should be able to groom something like a unicorn or a hell horse. If you can groom hens you should be able to groom pheasants. Maybe you can only groom certain animals when they're tame, like mountain lions and large rats, but it would be good to have more options available.

15. I want badgers! We already have lions (mountain lions), eagles (eagle spirits) and snakes (anacondas); Hufflepuff is the only house not represented, which isn't fair, especially since it's the most awesome one :) What if we made it so that tamed badgers could help with digging?

16. Horse colours - all the horse colours up for voting the last time were amazing. Let's have them all!

17. Please can we get rid of the animals per deed ratio! It's stupid and limiting, why do we even have that?? Or at least increase it, one animal does not need 15 tiles, two tiles for two animals is perfectly alright.

18. Let's bring back the coloured unicorns! Seriously, unicorns are mythical creatures, we do not need to worry about them looking realistic. Here are my suggestions: normal white, champion gold, greenish green, fierce yellow, hardened brown, alert silver, raging red, angry orange, lurking black, sly pink, slow blue, scared purple.

19. Why do black sheep still give white wool? That makes no sense. Let's put in an option for wool capes, then we can have those in black or white.

20. Can we have an animal that can pull a small cart while being led? Maybe a sheep or a badger for this.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Attenia said:

10. I'm not sure why champions of rideable animals aren't big like the other champions, but I don't see why they shouldn't be. It's not like it would give the rider an extra advantage, it would just be awesome

This was changed because it was easier for them to change the size of the animal than it was to change the rider's position... 

(Old pics incoming)

wurm200911132241.png

wurm200911101635.png

Just looks at those graphics...

View from within... 

Spoiler

Unicorn looking forward

wurm200911131759.png

Bear looking forward

wurm200911101621.png

Unicorn looking backwards... (NSFW lol)

Spoiler

wurm200911132301.png

• Like 4

If it's just a programming issue and there's no other reason not to change it, it would definitely be worth looking into doing! I can't see anyone being unhappy about being to ride huge champions :)

Half of these are out because of some ancient bugs, and the other half isn't allowed by odd ancient mechanics. Maybe if you attached your CV with all your programming and modelling skills, your list could be implemented one day

:)

I wish, I can't code :/ I'm hoping if I get enough support for this post, the devs will move at least some of these to the top of the priority list of things to change...

• Like 1

A lot of these are undos to shitty decisions in the past.

So +1.

I miss rainbocorns and would love improved taming.

+1 to all of these except for the Minotaurs. I promised Attenia that if she were able to get minotaurs implemented then I would build a labyrinth for her that would extend 500 tiles beyond her deed on all sides. Please I beg of you all, do not support this. I want to be able to play the game for the next 10 years outside of this hell that could be in my future!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, armyskin said:

+1 to all of these except for the Minotaurs. I promised Attenia that if she were able to get minotaurs implemented then I would build a labyrinth for her that would extend 500 tiles beyond her deed on all sides. Please I beg of you all, do not support this. I want to be able to play the game for the next 10 years outside of this hell that could be in my future!

Did you see that they are adding Minotaurs next patch day?

• Like 1

You'd better prepare, Army... someday when I'm the next JKR I will buy Wurm, and there WILL be minotaurs :P

[17:15:47] You hold a pickaxe in your right hand.                   

damn it...

• Like 1