Sign in to follow this  
Arcadies

Clarification Needed on Bee Migration

The Wurm Cooking update document says the following;

If the wild hive has a second queen, the quality of the hive doesn’t matter, although distance still reduces the chance of migration.

And further;

Note that where there is only a single queen in a wild hive, there’s only a chance for the queen to migrate; a guaranteed migration takes place only when there is a second queen.

Can someone confirm that these statements are true?  When a wild hive has two queens, the quality of the empty domestic hive does not matter for the second queen to migrate. Also, that migration is guaranteed.

Thank you for your time.

2 hours ago, Arcadies said:

When a wild hive has two queens, the quality of the empty domestic hive does not matter for the second queen to migrate. Also, that migration is guaranteed.

Yes, i've seen a second queen from a 60QL wild hive migrate into a 30QL domestic one.

Migration will happen... only a matter of time due to the RNG involved.

I got second and third queen migrate to active bee hive ~15QL from a noisy wild bee hive - 49ql, after i left at least 2kg of honey inside the wild bee hive. I see another empty  bee hive with 50ql standing next to nosy wild be hive with around  30ql, isn't happening yet and it's been put down before mines, the honey inside that wild hive was below 2kg for the while time and it's produces honey so much slower

Another thing I (seem to have) discovered is that the direction given somewhere about placing the domestic hive as close as possible to the wild hive has to be taken quite literally. Had a hive standing right along the edge of the tile next to the wild hive for almost a week - nothing happened. Then decided to give some pushes against the allready quite close-by domestic hive, right until I got the message that I couldn't push anymore (meaning part of my hive was then allready on the tile of the wild hive). Only took half an hour then and queen had migrated. So even if it only concerns one or two pushes to get it just a tiny bit closer still - do it, it might help big-time (did this with two beehives, both same result... don't have 100 to make a good cross-section quest out of it, but seems a bit too much of a coincidence - wating a week, push, then half hour to hour later bingo - to not hold some truce to it.