Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Affinity timers and/or their display make no sense

I don't know if the bug is strictly with affinity timer spell effect icons, or with the affinities themselves, but here goes:

If I drink some pale ale (still no idea how I made this!) with no affinity from it currently showing as active with positive duration, I could close to 30 minutes of affinity.

However, if I drink it while I DO have some positive duration of that affinity left, I only get something like a few minutes of duration added. I'm pretty sure this is for the same size sip.

Now... I had the affinity run down to negative time. A lot of spell effects do this for a few seconds, but this one kept going down to -60s and then wrapping back around to 0s then counting down again. So the display is definitely bugged.

In addition, I'm pretty sure the affinity was still active at that time. The ticks were pretty small so it's hard to verify, but I swear it was still in effect.

So what's the deal here? How do I know how much affinity timer I'm actually getting?

I see the same thing on food timers.   Seems to be triggered by sampling different foods but may that's just coincidence.   Have a papyrus making timer that's been counting down to negative numbers for a while now (20 minutes or so).

I have now been able to recreate this bug twice. I have a baking affinity attached to my sweet popcorn that I ate a tiny bite of, and when it runs out, it goes -1 and then counts to -59, and then loops back around to -1 and keeps looping. I also just had the same problem with a beverage which I took a sip of which gives farming...it counted all the way down, then went -1 and counts to -59 and then loops and keeps looping. I proceeded to take another sip, as I was farming, and it went back to positive for the timer duration, then went back to the -1 counting to -59, and looping. I took a THIRD sip, and it went back to positive timer...and then it just removed itself/removed the buff with 12+ minutes to go on the timer. So something is definitely broken right now.

Edit : I currently have a cooking affinity looping -1 to -59, and a milking affinity -1 to -59 looping.

Edited by Corsan
Addition of two more timers running currently.