Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Some settlement nearby requires <me> to be a citizen or ally.

Hey there

Two questions in one post if you do not mind. This saves from having two posts, untidy :)

1. I am getting an issue which some have reported before, but no resolve. When trying to found a deed, it says that my character needs to be a member or ally of a deed nearby. It works some tiles away, but not in the location I need it to work. Server is Home set to 4 (Freedom) with a tower nearby. None of the tricks work. What does this message really mean?

[13:52:48] Some settlement nearby requires Marlon to be a citizen or ally.

I am close enough to the tower to still call for help on it. I don't know how to use GM to confirm influence. Can really use some help here. It's starting to feel like a bug.

Thanks folks!

M

Edited by Marlon

4 minutes ago, Marlon said:

Edited by Marlon
Removing irrelevant noise

Several hours of going through the database, checking everything, trying to find rogue towers... to no avail. Still cannot deed in pretty much the whole Northern part of the map.

What is the range of no-deeding from the altar of three?

More follow up:

I just moved the bone altar, and altar of three to opposite ends of where we are deeding. Long ass GM flying and tag summoning. Still. 

It seems to work with EPIC enabled. But this is not something we want (due to the chance of natural event destruction)

This is for sure a bug...

Edited by Marlon

Seems to me they dont support unlimited, ive looked all over google and have the same problem, and i see no answers. Over 300 tiles away from the starter deed and cant make a deed, starting to see wurm unlimited as more of half working scam play for money.

This is a limitation of (non-epic) PVP server, where you need to be allied to another village to place your own within some distance of it's perimiter.

The message should say the name of the village that blocks you, i think. Don't know why the original poster had "Some settlement nearby" - that may be a bug.