Sign in to follow this  
Wiluss

Serch option in FSB

Serch option in FSB like this one in cook book. I have now a loot of dif items in my cooking fsb i cant find a potato if i need one :)

• Like 2

No, this would add a great headache.

Rather than adding a search option, why not add Shelves like the Larder that could be named.  So you can Sort things.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

You can sort it alphabetically already, isn't that enough?

not when you have 2 screens worth of things in an FSB.   I mean meat got split into 12 types, fish got like 10 + types and then there are filets, chopped and minced of each one.

Shelves please!

51 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

yes shelves a big plus one from me :)

no

All lists of items should have a search option. Saves the user time and frustration searching for something they when shouldnt need to.

• Like 2

Late night can cause eye strain issues resulting in extended search times and inefficient gameplay. Sometimes loss of cattle.

I +7 this because I want more options for organization. I miss EVE inventory and asset management and would appreciate better tools for such a task.

So, shelves, yes. Search yes.

Alphabetical organization is okay. Not how I usually sort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blayze said:

All lists of items should have a search option. Saves the user time and frustration searching for something they when shouldnt need to.

A series of nameable shelves is more than adequate.

As a long time player I'm already annoyed with when the command structure doesn't recognize a enter command so when you start typing something to chat, suddenly windows are opening everywhere.

Lastly, a search eliminates or hides items, a series of sub-boxes, folders, or shelves.  Allows for each user to customize things on their terms.  If you search one thing, you have to clear it, and type another search, and so on.  Or if you're smart you organize the fsb in the first place.

I support the recent development of how the larder operates.  I want to see more of it.  I would also ask here and now that Forge's and other heating sources be updated to have a fuel box that produces ash from use.  A separate box, like the Larder "Icebox" that allows objects to be "burned up".  Leaving ash and "slag metal" that can be re-smelted into usable lumps.

• Like 1

They really need a search for skill list.  I spend more time trying to find 1 skill in my list to check where it's at then anything else.

• Like 1

sort alphabetically and categorically would be nice

like sort by meat fish, veggies, reosurces, fruits

and then also alphabetically

as an option not force it, if people like just by name should still be possible

but more options be nice 

2 hours ago, Alyeska said:

+1 and larder shelves should be rename able.

They are renamable (like normal items though) if you own it

Would be nice via permissions to let more people rename

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrGARY said:

They are renamable (like normal items though) if you own it

Would be nice via permissions to let more people rename

Owner or creator? I cannot rename the shelves on the larder that I changed ownership to myself to...

in my case i'm both, might have to pick it up and plant it

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

in my case i'm both, might have to pick it up and plant it

No matter what I do I cannot rename the shelves, not even on the creator account, so that's either bugged or a very strange exclusive..

I can rename the actual larder but not individual shelves.

Edited by Alyeska

I really don't see the need for this.

If you have 2 many items in your FSB, you should start using multiple FSB's and splitting up your various foods.

Alphabetical order is actually a fairly fast way to sort through a long list.

Rather than clicking and scrolling down from A to get to something starting with W, click the sort a second time to put the Z's to the top. M's unfortunately will always be in the middle. ;)

• Like 2

Um I see a need for this because I have at least 7 FSB for sorting QL. I will have more if I ever get to rearranging them because I can't reach the last if I'm at the first so I normally have my cart, inventory and two FSB open at the same time all sorted alphabetically or by QL. It take forever to put everything away when I have a full cart. Same thing for the BSB.

Please make this easier some how but I hate those larder shelves. The inventory groups are better but I would go with a good search box. The current cooking one is weak but better than nothing.

+1 to search box

+1 Search for all containers.

+1 Search for skills too.  So many skills to look through it takes me over 2 minutes to find the skill in the skills list so I can see what level I'm at.

Maybe with the new GUI redesign/update we can have searches.

+1 makes the UI better, has no negative implications

We can sort items by the alphabet. More than enough for me.