Sign in to follow this  
moogien

smoking beesmoker, got stung by angry bees.

I have issues with beesmoker.

I have only fueled it once with a kindling or 1 piece of woodscrap , cant remember which.

However i kept forgetting snuff the beesmoker.

And it seems that the once fuel never goes out.

If it doesnt have the smoking tag , you can just light it.

But also if been lit for a few hours , and still have the smoking tag , it acts as a unlit beesmoker.

[17:36:09] A device used in beekeeping to calm honey bees. It is designed to generate smoke from the smouldering of various fuels, hence the name. It is glowing from the heat. It could be improved with a lump.

[17:35:59] The bees get angry and defend the active wild bee hive by stinging you.

[17:37:15] You snuff the bee smoker (smoking).

[17:37:56] You light the bee smoker.

Now possible open the beehive,

There was a change to bee smokers with the last update and how they are fueled and how they act.  Yours may have been an old one that was somehow bugged with the patch.  Please keep an eye on it and let me know if it happens either with a brand new bee smoker or with this old one again.

When you are not using it, snuff it, then relight it when you want to use it.  It will tell you if it needs more fuel.

Fueling the smoker with tar works pretty much as the lantern now, I top it up once in a while if traveling far just to make sure it don't run out.

Bee stings hurt, but the poison message if you forget to deal with the sting is a little scary. ;)

made a new beesmoker same ql as the old QL 37 .

fueled with 1 woodscrap 1,50 kg , lit it and dropped to cart.

[10:02:34] You fuel the bee smoker with a wood scrap.

[10:02:50] You light the bee smoker.

[10:28:27] You get a bee smoker.

[10:32:01] A device used in beekeeping to calm honey bees. It is designed to generate smoke from the smouldering of various fuels, hence the name. It is glowing from the heat. You need to temper the bee smoker (smoking) by dipping it in water while it's hot.

[10:28:29] The bees get angry and defend the noisy wild bee hive by stinging you.

[10:32:43] You snuff the bee smoker (smoking).

[10:33:01] A device used in beekeeping to calm honey bees. It is designed to generate smoke from the smouldering of various fuels, hence the name. You need to temper the bee smoker by dipping it in water while it's hot.

[10:33:16] You light the bee smoker.

Now possible open the beehive.

Edit: i also suspect it is enough fuel it once and never again. Not true.

keeping the beesmoker in inventory same time as in cart , no problems open the beehive.

Edited by moogien