Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Require 23 str to capture HOTA pillars and battlecamps.

your definition and a new player or group is the exact same thing. The ONLY reason why you call it an alt is because for the most part this is a small community and many know who plays on what toon. But when you start paying for other players premiums or you become the makers of the game you can then start dictating who can play on what toon.

I certainly dont give a shat what you think i consider throw away or not a loss, all my toons i consider when they die a loss in some way shape or form. But im not the ignorant one here trying to call people out when there would be ZERO difference if a new group actually were playing on server using their MAINS which less skill and less items of value in the same EXACT fashion.

What will a newb group have to do then sit back until they can run out with drake and scale before being able to participate. You guys are full of yourselves. Grow the f up.

Ive said it many times and i will continue to say it, non prem alts have not been a problem and thats pretty much the only argument you have a leg to stand on if any at all. You still fail 100% to realize players you consider alts like Maurizio/Lovefall dont even fall anywhere near into the category you are proposing so it wouldn't affect me one bit, but i am not debating this for me, im debating this for the sake of HOPEFULLY gaining more players into wurm so we can get away from the low population. When that day comes if you have nothing for newer players or groups to do in game well guess what then they wont even come at all. 

If im not mistaking the current requirement is 20FS to cap a pillar and be premium, so that means a player is first of all PAYing for his or her account and 2nd spent time to skill up and will drop death tabs. It doesnt matter if you dont care for rank, you might think it means nothing while for others it means everything. 

5 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

your definition and a new player or group is the exact same thing. The ONLY reason why you call it an alt is because for the most part this is a small community and many know who plays on what toon. But when you start paying for other players premiums or you become the makers of the game you can then start dictating who can play on what toon.

I certainly dont give a shat what you think i consider throw away or not a loss, all my toons i consider when they die a loss in some way shape or form. But im not the ignorant one here trying to call people out when there would be ZERO difference if a new group actually were playing on server using their MAINS which less skill and less items of value in the same EXACT fashion.

What will a newb group have to do then sit back until they can run out with drake and scale before being able to participate. You guys are full of yourselves. Grow the f up.

Ive said it many times and i will continue to say it, non prem alts have not been a problem and thats pretty much the only argument you have a leg to stand on if any at all. You still fail 100% to realize players you consider alts like Maurizio/Lovefall dont even fall anywhere near into the category you are proposing so it wouldn't affect me one bit, but i am not debating this for me, im debating this for the sake of HOPEFULLY gaining more players into wurm so we can get away from the low population. When that day comes if you have nothing for newer players or groups to do in game well guess what then they wont even come at all. 

If im not mistaking the current requirement is 20FS to cap a pillar and be premium, so that means a player is first of all PAYing for his or her account and 2nd spent time to skill up and will drop death tabs. It doesnt matter if you dont care for rank, you might think it means nothing while for others it means everything. 

I'm still not seeing much of a legitimate argument here. If you saw what those toons lost as an actual loss, you probably wouldnt suicide them into enemies religiously while naked.

Its also not much of a reach to suspect that you would be upset because you just purchased a HOTA deed from a disbanding kingdom with the intention of doing the HOTA on naked alts.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 6:57 AM, MaurizioAM said:

I'm not going to even bother reading through the bullshat spewed above by select posters. If you can't control your territory as people seem to call it just the same way you told MR then its your problem. An alt first off can't ride a horse so its 100 times slower to do anything on and more then half the time can't defend or get away from mobs so they are no where near as common as you claim you are just trying to remove a possibility for smaller groups so you can simply benefit. Deny it all you want your last play was point proven h

HOTA begins and no one is there to do it JK show up with a def weaker less organized group None being alts and JK is not a new group and they get wiped... How does that make a smaller newer kingdom feel?

Again its simple remove the ability for newer players or groups and you won't have a game to play just the same way your group has KILLEd many other WU servers from all your demands. 

Non prem alts are HARDLY ever used. You complain about me using alts please show me 1 alt of mine that isn't 70 FS can't drop tabs and isn't at least 25 STR ( I've got some priests which arnt very strong) what I didn't hear that you say NONE? Oh that's right because I only ever use premium toons you might consider them alts but at one point or another i use all my toons for things as prime accounts. So since you have got nothing on Me ill continue to fight for the newer groups to give them a chance.

Non prem Alts have been more of a problem when it comes to things like watching local and that's been fixed they can't see local anymore so guess what they don't even know if they have anyone trying to find them. It takes experienced groups and groups like yours using map hacks seconds to track people down. Yet you still complain why? Simply because all you want to do is get the prominent kills so you beat your chests like you are someone. 

If you want it then do it before others get to it and stop complaining. 

So why do you have a problem with it? 23 body str and 50 fight skill is easy to do in under a month if its your actual main (hell 70 fight skill can be done in 3 days max).

• Like 1

What will a newb group have to do then sit back until they can run out with drake and scale before being able to participate

A legit newb group would probably wear plate/chain, no? They would have some form of loss and hesistation to doing /suicide when enemy make it 5 tiles from you. 

The loss the alt takes compared to what they can get is greatly one sided; an alt will lose small amount of skill for end game items.

You do not speak for new players, you speak for alt abuse. Any new player who was looking to play this game legit and leave deed would go to a Kingdom and go out as a legit group; If you think it's too harsh on "a newbie group" dies at hota, they have sandbox elements (:rolleyes:) which gives them many options and potential reasons to ally. 

Again,

it's harder to load a crate than cap a pillar; 
It's harder to drive a large cart than cap a pillar;

And sandbox elements allow me to stop Lovefall or any other higher-skilled 'alt' to stop having a platform near hota to base itself :ph34r:

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

Well, it sortve does. The player we are killing isn't acting like a "real player", hes acting like he has nothing to lose because he doesn't. An affinity? means nothing. Rank? means nothing, especially with the current rate of decay and lack of PvP. What can we expect from this alt? Nothing, likely not even gear, likely not an affinity, rank gains will be minimal if any. The owner doesn't care what he loses, this results in him just coming out and out again for nothing more than to be a nuisance. You are known for abusing accounts like this. It's very unlikely a new player would do something like this, and im speaking from many years of experience. Why? because they value their account as its likely the only one they have, and they are already pressured into catching up to everyone else. I can't even name a new player that did this.

It doesn't hinder new players, nor new groups, and Ebonaura certainly is no longer a new group, just one with a mentality of "well lets not try at all and use alts instead."

No see it does not thats where you are ill informed. Thank you for this above post which is proof you dont care at all and cannot tell the difference which there is NONE between a veteran group using the multitude of their accounts (ones you consider throw away) and a newb group using similar if not inferior accounts with even less to offer. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.  

So thank you for painting the perfect picture that you dont care at all about anything except you want good gear and loot when you get kills. You say im abusing alts, when the fact is i pay for every account i play and every single one of my accounts i care about, so i have no clue what you are talking about abusing alts, i do not exploit any ability i simply log into one of my toons and i play. 

4 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

dunno man literally like within the first few hotas i ever did on epic i got kingslayer/warrior from a 2v2 wearing chain and a great helm

also within the first few hotas i ever did on epic i went solo and got chased away by like 5 bl

pick your fights with your thoughts not your alts.  whatever powerhouse that controls hota will get bored and go in smaller groups, perfect chance to bait/trap and get kills on people from a "top" kingdom

• Like 2

Just now, MrGARY said:

pick your fights with your thoughts not your alts.  whatever powerhouse that controls hota will get bored and go in smaller groups, perfect chance to bait/trap and get kills on people from a "top" kingdom

Literally this. Any kingdom can trap hota when people are too chill. Happenend to JKE, happened to MRC, happens to everybody sooner or later.

7 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

No see it does not thats where you are ill informed. Thank you for this above post which is proof you dont care at all and cannot tell the difference which there is NONE between a veteran group using the multitude of their accounts (ones you consider throw away) and a newb group using similar if not inferior accounts with even less to offer. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.  

Any 'newb group' will not see the stat implemention as a barrier; Infact if a Newb group came to chaos, how would they unload the crates to build their settlement? But it's ok they can't cap a hota pillar so the game is ruined for them anyway. 

Do you even hear yourself? It has alt abuse written all over it. 

I hope they have the mind logic to sail over to chaos on a sailboat in the first place; but it doesn't matter, they can't cap pillars anyway! Game Ruined!

So thank you for painting the perfect picture that you dont care at all about anything except you want good gear and loot when you get kills.

You're so blind;

I wouldn't mind dying to anybody in the game if the fight was fun/deserved. I don't see how us wanting to have proper pvp - lose or win, without alt abuse a problem. Any lower players we've fought gear has been returned if our own "newer player" didn't need it themselves, infact today we killed Lothak and pm'd him straight away about his gear being left where it was....You say we don't want new players to pvp but we're actually doing and done more for chaos, including supporting the 4 kingdoms to actually go out and pvp and Not pvp them until they're ready.

Since you come from the second oldest group on Chaos right now; I'm suprised you still find yourself in such a posistion where you have nobody but new players to cater for; Either they quit as they grow to see you're limiting them or you're just not supporting them like the 4 real kingdoms can and are the core reason we don't see Ebo at different events across Chaos. 

Edited by Mclovin

Better question is why does a 23 body str + 50 fight skill requirement bother you so much? If you do not even have that you will just end up an easy kill + affinity if you have one. 

• Like 1

he says he's defending the new players of choas; but I think they need help unloading crates more than capping pillars [an end game event]. Just sayin

3 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

dunno man literally like within the first few hotas i ever did on epic i got kingslayer/warrior from a 2v2 wearing chain and a great helm

also within the first few hotas i ever did on epic i went solo and got chased away by like 5 bl

You should have probably quoted more to get the full picture of my comment about newbs waiting to get drake and scale before being able to participate. While Crusaders are advocating for the rules to be changed in their favor only while not thinking at all about newer players. Prohs comment about the loot not being worth it is classic and simply shows the fact that they only want good loot so they would do anything to try and add more restrictions to the game which are not needed. Non Prem or even Newb alts have not been a problem but they insist something needs to be changed. It already has restrictions 20fs and premium is needed. Whether that player wants to be naked or geared is fully up to him/her and no one should be dictating what they need to go out and attempt to win a HOTA. 

16 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

I'm still not seeing much of a legitimate argument here. If you saw what those toons lost as an actual loss, you probably wouldnt suicide them into enemies religiously while naked.

Its also not much of a reach to suspect that you would be upset because you just purchased a HOTA deed from a disbanding kingdom with the intention of doing the HOTA on naked alts.

I guess you most know more then i do of our intentions, thanks for filling me in? Perhaps you should just run the group since you apparently know more of what should and shouldnt do, i think we will use that idea. Funny that you know jacksh.. but you like to make assumptions like you do. Does it matter if I or someone bought a deed? How about you debate the actual argument instead of trying to find false reasons. 

And again, I still never knew accounts that were at that supposedly purchased HOTA deed Sagaras, Maurizio, Lothak, Evarya, Gau, Lovefall, Garful, Smokin, were alts, and now apparently naked as well.

Rasu, the suggestion doesnt affect me at all, at all, at all... Every single one of the toons i use all have 35+ str so has really no affect on me. What affects me is the constant suggestions by a group that wants to dominate while not giving a shat about how the game and population fares out. That affects me and i will debate the position about dictating how players should or shouldnt play on their paid accounts. Newer players and groups are very much a part of this equation, and if you keep restricting making it harder and harder for them to try to accomplish anything at all then this suggestion is simply doing more harm then good. 

You can simply kill the naked alts, and if you arent there like someone mentioned if they dont show up, well then what are you worried about? HOTA has been static location forever while many people pleaded for it to move every HOTA but its what it is, and it was changed at one point where premium 20fs was needed to cap the pillars. That was all that was needed and still is. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, MaurizioAM said:
I'm not going to even bother reading through the bullshat spewed above by select posters. If you can't control your territory as people seem to call it just the same way you told MR then its your problem.
-Leave your KvK trash at the door, kthx.

An alt first off can't ride a horse so its 100 times slower to do anything on and more then half the time can't defend or get away from mobs so they are no where near as common as you claim
-You seem to forget how commonly MR would use alts when HoTA was surrounded by MR deeds.   Not just alts capping pillars, but a network of alts standing inside all the deeds watching local for whites.

you are just trying to remove a possibility for smaller groups so you can simply benefit. Deny it all you want your last play was point proven.
-So bringing alts would make your group bigger?  Last I checked, it's not really feasible to PvP with two accounts at the same time, especially in open-field PvP.  You would know that if you left your deed sometimes.

HOTA begins and no one is there to do it JK show up with a def weaker less organized group None being alts and JK is not a new group and they get wiped... How does that make a smaller newer kingdom feel?
-Your kingdom is NOT newer.  Ebonaura has been around awhile, and you have proven in the past to have adequate numbers to defend your deed.  You frequently defend Tranceville with 10+ people every time people visit, so the same 10+ group could try HoTA.

Again its simple remove the ability for newer players or groups and you won't have a game to play just the same way your group has KILLEd many other WU servers from all your demands. 
-Their "demands" are almost universally agreed upon by anyone that doesn't disagree with a particular change that suits their needs.  Your objection to this post is a prime example of that, because every kingdom BUT yours supports this change.

Non prem alts are HARDLY ever used. You complain about me using alts please show me 1 alt of mine that isn't 70 FS can't drop tabs and isn't at least 25 STR ( I've got some priests which arnt very strong) what I didn't hear that you say NONE? Oh that's right because I only ever use premium toons you might consider them alts but at one point or another i use all my toons for things as prime accounts. So since you have got nothing on Me ill continue to fight for the newer groups to give them a chance.
-Sure, why don't you give us a list of your alts to refresh our memory.  Surely there's a pretty good reason why you were happy to run Lovefall out to cap  the fortification, but not Reincarnation.  Or does Reincarnation not meet the minimum requirements to perform such an action?

Yet you still complain why? Simply because all you want to do is get the prominent kills so you beat your chests like you are someone. 
If you want it then do it before others get to it and stop complaining. 
-There's this lovely event message that tells you when HoTA starts.  HoTA is always in the same place.  It's not a foot race from your capital, you are allowed to come early and scout the place out.  But again, that would require leaving your deed. 

You don't do HoTA because you don't leave your deed. 

You don't leave your deed because you are scared to die. 

You're scared to die because you are scared of being belittled on the forum any worse than your own mouth already causes you to be. 

You are belittled on the forum because you pretend to know what's best for PvP when you never leave your deed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I see a pattern here.  If you don't PvP, stop standing in the way of PvPers trying to make PvP better.  That is all.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Any 'newb group' will not see the stat implemention as a barrier; Infact if a Newb group came to chaos, how would they unload the crates to build their settlement? But it's ok they can't cap a hota pillar so the game is ruined for them anyway. 

Do you even hear yourself? It has alt abuse written all over it. 

I hope they have the mind logic to sail over to chaos on a sailboat in the first place; but it doesn't matter, they can't cap pillars anyway! Game Ruined!

You may not have been born yet but once upon a time, newbs spawned only on WILD. They can still do so today. If a group of players which happens from time to time jumps from 1 pvp MMO and decides hey WURM has been getting some good reviews lately lets all 30 of us jump over there, and they come on over, you now restrict them because all YOU want is to kill people and get good loot otherwise you ###### and complain about.

So wheres the alt abuse? And please where is all this naked alt abuse happening? Proof is in the pudding.

So if 30 new players come to wild they're gonna run to hota and cap pillars, but not on horses, oh no sir, they're just going to magically know about hota and run on over. But aslong as they can do that and not unload crates/rides horses/ride carts/stealth/bash walls/ their gameplay will be Much much better.

I'm flipping done.

2 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

You don't do HoTA because you don't leave your deed. 

You don't leave your deed because you are scared to die. 

You're scared to die because you are scared of being belittled on the forum any worse than your own mouth already causes you to be. 

You are belittled on the forum because you pretend to know what's best for PvP when you never leave your deed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I see a pattern here.  If you don't PvP, stop standing in the way of PvPers trying to make PvP better.  That is all.

Im sorry didnt someone mention in this thread that we had a full group of apparently naked alts replanting a deed at HOTA? I dont know how that happens without coming off deed, damn is there an option can someone show me please.

Just because a group of players doesnt play the way you want them to play does not make them wrong in how they are playing. Nothing is standing in the way of PVP, in fact more stands in the way when you keep adding restrictions, they are called restrictions for a reason are they not. 

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

So if 30 new players come to wild they're gonna run to hota and cap pillars, but not on horses, oh no sir, they're just going to magically know about hota and run on over. But aslong as they can do that and not unload crates/rides horses/ride carts/stealth/bash walls/ their gameplay will be Much much better.

I'm flipping done.

Not to mention successfully running past about 10-20 guard towers of enemy guards, trolls, nogumps and whatever else in the wilderness.  Yeah.

Since new players will quit if they can't do something, instead of grinding for it like anybody else, start them off with all the max skill. yolo. 

Let's allow new players to catapault; because I got 30 new friends that want to go live at a deed and I think i can guide them to somewhere cool to cata. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1