Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please remove event messages for domestic hive proximity

Cant the info just be put on wiki that panda posted in town square? the event its just as annoying, altars don't do that nonsense.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

The bee pop up message is related to how much of an area they're using for collection of honey and wax, but we'll be removing the pop up aspect of it (not the event tab message) in tomorrows patch.

We'll look at alternate ways of advising the range of the bee hives (almost said nests!)

Keep the notices in events, and have the popups as an optional setting in settings?

Edited by Klaa

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The bee pop up message is related to how much of an area they're using for collection of honey and wax, but we'll be removing the pop up aspect of it (not the event tab message) in tomorrows patch.

We'll look at alternate ways of advising the range of the bee hives (almost said nests!)

we can just count with the information given most of us have 10 fingers to use

but that doesn't make sense really given that there are two messages for closeness

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:31 AM, Retrograde said:

but we'll be removing the pop up aspect of it (not the event tab message) in tomorrows patch.

Yea, well this post is titled and about removing the *Event* message. Players can already turn off the pop-up screen notification. I have it off and have never seen it so I was a bit confused as to what you were referring to at first.

Clarification: We are wanting the *Event* message turned off for *Domestic* hives. Thank you...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

bump to remove the popup spam at minimum for wild ones too now that we find out they spawn literally everywhere

• Like 1

I agree completely to have the event messages removed for domestic hives. I also would prefer the boxes to be renamed - apiaries.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:31 PM, Retrograde said:

Makes sense, but a broadcasted message is not the right... dare I say UX, to do this with. 

Ill have to +1 too. As a WU player, we have been suckling on the dry teat, so no honey yet... but my pvp WO toon gets spammed by this all the time,

On 12/7/2016 at 1:31 PM, Retrograde said:

Hive areas are too small to be handled like god domains. Maybe it would be better to change the domestic hive event notice to a simple check when someone examines a tile. For example

"You see a patch of grass. The grass is wild and seem to like it here. You see bees working on it" (or something like that).

Keep the wild hive event as it is. The few times I will want to check my domestic hive's coverage I will have to examine tiles. No big deal.

• Like 1

Logged in and did some of my morning chores in choresonline, went afk for a bit then did some more and this is what I get in my event:

[11:37:04] Welcome back, Smeagain! Elevation has been waiting for you.
[11:37:05] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[11:54:56] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:08:07] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:09:25] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:09:28] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:10:08] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:10:25] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:11:01] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:11:10] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:11:39] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:16:16] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:23:09] The bees noise is getting louder, sounds like there is unusual activity in the hive.
[12:23:11] The sounds of bees decreases as you move further away from the hive.
[12:23:38] The bees noise is getting louder, sounds like there is unusual activity in the hive.
[12:24:01] The sounds of bees decreases as you move further away from the hive.
[12:27:01] The bees noise is getting louder, sounds like there is unusual activity in the hive.
[12:27:09] The sounds of bees decreases as you move further away from the hive.
[12:27:43] The bees noise is getting louder, maybe you are getting closer to their hive.
[12:27:49] The sounds of bees decreases as you move further away from the hive.
[12:28:07] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.
[12:28:18] You hear bees, maybe you are getting close to a hive.
[12:28:33] The sounds of bees disappears in the distance.

Do we seriously need this?

• Like 2

+1,  pretty handy for wild, annoying for domestic.  (OT, Heya Sme :) ... and 40 silver mine doors are you nuts ?)

• Like 1

sorry for the bump on this old topic but is there a way to turn off the event messages yet? 

if not then we need one

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

+1

Edit: Oh... January...

Edited by Erevorn

Hey its still annoying no matter when the thread was made!

Only ~18 months of bumping to go ;)

• Like 1

In the name of Vynora, did they never fixed this?

Edited by Aetheldred

2 hours ago, Aetheldred said:

In the nameof Vynora, did they never fixed this?

You think that's hilarious?

Wait until you see the new event log and mid screen wall of text when you place stack of 100 potatoes over bsb, enjoy, now the ultimate nonsense is 100x event log messages and 100x huge text lines mid screen showing as you do same trivial thing, try hunting and sorting the loot, takes either huge annoyance, disk space, nerves or simply blindness for a while until you get to next stack of items doing the same over and over again, enjoy:rolleyes:

--edit 

ref

Edited by Finnn

+1

On a side note, could it be considered griefing to build a ton of beehives all around someone else's deed; i.e. - endless green spam texts and no way to get rid of them if secured and all that. Asking for a friend 😁

36 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

+1

On a side note, could it be considered griefing to build a ton of beehives all around someone else's deed; i.e. - endless green spam texts and no way to get rid of them if secured and all that. Asking for a friend 😁

catapults and grinding shield right next to one with a troll

Player-made hives giving off sound and messages could still be useful in some circumstances, like on a collapsed deed. I think the best solution for this would be to add a Deed option to turn Deed hive messages on or off, with them defaulting to off.

Aside from that... +1

Edited by Nekojin

9 hours ago, Nekojin said:

Player-made hives giving off sound and messages could still be useful in some circumstances, like on a collapsed deed. I think the best solution for this would be to add a Deed option to turn Deed hive messages on or off, with them defaulting to off.

Aside from that... +1

most hives are offdeed, this will be wasted effort, just pop checkbox to un/see such event messages in the options, if you care for bees and honey, checkbox it.. you'll see them, if not.. done - gone

On 9/8/2023 at 11:34 PM, Finnn said:

You think that's hilarious?

Wait until you see the new event log and mid screen wall of text when you place stack of 100 potatoes over bsb, enjoy, now the ultimate nonsense is 100x event log messages and 100x huge text lines mid screen showing as you do same trivial thing, try hunting and sorting the loot, takes either huge annoyance, disk space, nerves or simply blindness for a while until you get to next stack of items doing the same over and over again, enjoy:rolleyes:

--edit 

ref

You will be happy to know todays patch will supposedly fix this.
But not the bees. NOT THE BEES!

Edited by Aetheldred
  • Like 1

It is really not that difficult. Player made bee hives on player deeds should NEVER create these event or on screen messages. Do devs not play their own game?