Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Multiple Kingdoms on a single map/server

Hey there

So, I have been taking over a server that someone set up and ran for a while. Trying to get to grips with things.

Currently PVP is enabled, but not in the fullest sense of it, merely to enable "Free will" on a normal creative setup (stealing, lockpicking, etc)

However, some folks have said that multiple kingdoms are neccesary for pvp. 

Can someone explain to me if it's possible to have multiple kingdoms on a single server/map, if this this actually needed, and why?

The idea of a normal creative play server, with the added free-will pvp factor, seems a bit more aligned with the vision of the server, than having the entire pvp/kingdom setup.

The reason we have multiple kingdoms on say chaos for example is you only gain affinities from killing enemy accounts in another kingdom.

I believe battle rank will only change when killing another player from another kingdom, as well as you can only drain deeds being in a different kingdom.

Just a few examples that might help.

Edited by shakys
  • Like 1

If your server's active enough and there are multiple kingdoms, you might start to get some fancy inter-kingdom politics popping up which is (normally) fun. xP

Thanks guys.

I like that idea. However, not sure how to configure this properly.

A new player joined today, and he cannot place his deed, since he is in kingdom NONE (0, zero). And there seems to be no way to choose or set a kingdom.

What would the correct configuration be for a single map/server setup, with multiple kingdoms?

I just figured out domains of influence for the kingdoms, so only need to figure the config out (either that or disabling it completely into a Freedom only setup + pvp)

Edited by Marlon

I apologise profusely for beating this venerable horse of a thread...

Can someone enlighten me as to the configurations for "home server" and "kingdom" and how they affect the server?

Trying to achieve having only one kingdom + pvp. Freedom isles, + PVP. Not any kingdoms, this seems to cause a lot of confusion to players.

You can set-up PvP zones with the GM Wand. though this is Very limited as you can just go outside the zone and be safe fro attack. Also branding of animals makes the immune from attack.

Thanks for the reply Steve

This is an ongoing issue, still figuring it out. For now, the server is back into Non-PVP mode, which is not ideal

There is still the main problem regarding settlement founding not being allowed in some areas. Some domain, territory, some influence is blocking it, and it is not the Bone Altar/of Three. Guard towers, other deeds, animals, etc... no difference. Tried everything. ("a deed nearby requires foobar to be a member....")

Still looking for devs or someone with deep know-how of the inner spaghetti, to tell me what actually goes on with deeding on PVP enabled server.

Normally, unless your kingdom domains are bugged, you would enable pvp on the server launcher make sure to uncheck home server, if you want artifacts check endgame items. Then make multiple starter deeds for each kingdom, make sure the mayor of said starter deeds are gm and a member of the kingdom you are trying to make the starter deed for.

When new players join they will then be able to select there kingdom. They cannot select the kingdom without the starter deed in place.

They will then need to build a guard tower to create there kingdoms influence for deed creation. A normal player deed cannot be founded outside of influence on a non home pvp server. To have multiple kingdoms on the same server it needs to have home server disabled or the non home kingdom players will receive a CR nerf. If home server is unchecked disregard home server kingdom as it serves no purpose.

If it turns out that your kingdom domains are bugged (previous pmks can sometimes cause it) is a little harder to fix, and required diving into a database and removing the kingdom influence from there.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 1

As Ausimus says, developing a pvp server needs one starter town fro each kingdom.

What you need really is one GM per kingdom, they can just be alts of you of course, since they are usually only used to set up each kingdom's starter town.

Firstly, before doing anything, set up your GM's, set each one to be members of the different kingdoms, generally one for HotS, MR, JK and Freedom if you wish to include freedom kingdom, (generally for pv I wouldn't bother with Freedom).

So HotS GM sets up Hots starter town, places one tower, maybe a few walls etc for town protection.

Same for each other kingdom, JK GM sets up JK, MR GM sets up MR.

You may find you'll have to build additional towers so that kingdom influence is large enogh to allow players to expand and populate the kingdoms, so try to set things up so that influence is roughly equal, (/kingdom command shows the ratios).

Probably a few details I've missed, but that's the basics.

• Like 1

Some excellent bits of info highlighted, thanks Zenity / ausimus

The problem is solved with your aid.

Question: How do you set a GM to be a member of a specified kingdom after they were created?

ALso it would seem non-freedom towers disappear after a restart (edit, after just a few mins of leaving that area)

Edited by Marlon

2 hours ago, Marlon said:

Question: How do you set a GM to be a member of a specified kingdom after they were created?

ALso it would seem non-freedom towers disappear after a restart (edit, after just a few mins of leaving that area)

You can edit the database.

33 minutes ago, Jukken said:

You can edit the database.

That does not work. Player is set to Kingdom 2 instead of 4. 

Nearby still can not found "near enemy kingdom"

Suppose someone will have to be logged in for him to undergo a kingdom change.

I edited the database for all my GM's on the epic/pvp server...workes fine. Then they can invite players.

Towers get removed if kingdom is set (aux data) to other kingdom if on home server.

• Like 1

is it possible to run a PVE server with two kingdoms on the same map? say HOTS and Freedom? what kind of problems could this create? other then tower guards and spirit guards from the other kingdom automatically attacking players?

I know there is the mod HOTS fixes and server tweaks to fix some of these problems.

Edited by Darkness1990