Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Farming on Xanadu is broken

Yeah, and I can't see continuing to pay for all the deeds I have when I can't get to them.  Guess I'll just have to downsize.

While I do understand there are probly more farm tiles right now with all the new items, my farms only took a week to harvest even with some randomness.  A few updates ago is when I noticed that the farms were taking longer to harvest.  This was before the new items were even introduced.

*shrug*  I'm sure there were people anticipating this update and starting new farms they didn't need before, weeks before the update landed.  I was just trying to explain what I thought Retrograde meant by his use of "lag".

2 hours ago, Morhedron said:

I'm only farming 1/5 of what I usually farm, 100 out of 500 tiles.  In the past I've farmed as many as 1200 and the growth rate wasn't affected by the lag, which was overall a lot greater.  If this is lag related .... well  ....  who knows what'll happen.

Wrong! It has always been affected by the lag (at least if thats why there is less tile poling on Xanadu as opposed to the other servers) . You can hardly say that a 1-2 days longer growth cycle (compared to the older, smaller servers) isn't slower.

There is notable difference, same time sowed barley most of them are in growing phase and some in harvest. Havent seen such big variety before update.

Perhaps "wasn't affected by the lag" was not the best way to phrase things.  Let me put it this way.  Even when farming 1200 tiles crops would ripen in 4-6 days.  Now, when only framing 100 tiles it is taking 8-12 days.

Still the same story here. While all the latest changes and bugfixes were good, i feel like there's some lack of understanding on the staff side...

FARMING ON THE SERVER WITH LARGEST POPULATION IS BROKEN AND IT GOT BROKEN RIGHT AFTER FARMING WAS MADE 10x MORE VALUABLE BY THE FAVOR CHANGE AND COOKING UPDATE

• Like 1

Onions now wheigh 5 times of what they used to...another brilliant and much needed change /sarcasm off

as a side note I have tons of extra pumpkins and stuf if anybody feels like coming to vrock sas I have no prem, right now.. so msg me and I have grown carrots and cabbage proper length of time animals on it and raked daily at least once...

Also having same issues with the growing times with crops on Xan. All planted same time and extreme time differences in the various stages. Very long times to harvest now.  Killing me on the sugar beets. Need them bad.

Thanks! Kamilia

I left Xana because of this. It took two weeks for some crops to get ripe. On celebration now and its back to about the ~5 days cycle again.

Has anyone done a curiosity check on a WU xan-sized server regarding those timing issues?

May provide insight... may... 

1.3 hasn't reached WU yet. However it's probably about the tile polling algorithm which is most likely unscalable.