Sign in to follow this  
Cornchips

OLD WURM METAS

Everyone joining the same village by faith so sermons could happen on pvp servers

Wearing chain armor with a plate helmet, not full plate

Not having a shortbow

Knarrs because boats used to not be affected by passengers for speed

Normal horses

Backup horses with barding was an idea ahead of its time

Holding your shield and bow at the same time with the old equipping system

###### FARWALKERS, ###### THAT ######, WORST THING IN THE WHOLE GAME, LITERALLY

Gatehopping for 3 years

Gatehopping at off deed minedoors for 2 years

######

Champion

Valrei

Mobs

Zombie/dominated

post any other inbred ideas that used to be socially acceptable

• Like 1

Raid boss mounting.

On a game with one dragon(effectively.), utilizing crown of might or whatever, to become part time demigod.

Cool but

Damn.

As one of the pioneers of the sailboat meta, it wasnt because of passengers, it was because the sailboat was the better option in 99% of scenarios and still is. Wind changes and youre on a knarr? RIP. Your enemy decides to go against the wind? RIP or No PvP. Plus the size of the boat, a good sailboat captain can easily avoid combat with over half the people on the knarr at any given time. Like a two person sailboat can outrun a knarr. It just went out of style because people realized how stupid it was to use one after we started using exclusively sailboats as BL. That passenger change mightve affected something, but i just remember coming back to the game and everyone using knarrs still until our 5 man sailboat was winning 5v26's with consistency. People attributed that to being BL and then we did the same as WL. Then Rolf decided to finally add playergods, which, basically means if you aren't a sme priest now eat ######.

fyi gatehopping still wurm meta lol, and with that being said, you can still make no-enemy entry offdeed hops easily

\|

\ = minedoor | = house

surround the minedoor in walls, you are never in combat when you go through the minedoor so it never unlocks, but the door infront of the mine relocks repeatedly

there you go wurm community, abuse it so it gets fixed.

Edited by Propheteer

Farwalker amulets on sailboats - Zarnibugga :(

• Like 1

"Old metas" for me generally come from epic.

uber tank hellhorses. (before they were turned into speedy gonzales horses)

Libila death boats with 50+ gems in a satchel.

Running around with a dirt/sand in the hand for lulz. ("the blob")

AOE spell spam wars on epic. most priests were the same faiths so the size of aoe's were ridicilous, this was especially true for lib. Due to chain/plate being the norm and horses were slow/weak enough to be shoot out pre-combat people moved incredibly slow while in hurt status so it was very potent.

Land of the dead deed raids. While i guess its still a thing i havnt seen it used lately and its potency has lowered a lot since accounts have risen in power.

Dualbarded cav charges by defenders of a deed. Scary ###### when it happends and you are on foot. Was hideously potent back in the early day of epic when most people didnt even carry a 2h secondary weapon and spears didnt excist.

Calfshoots.

horses speeding back and forth at gatehops without the reduction in movement backwards we got today.

Chicken/flower pot/small object yellow potion tower repairers during a tower bash.

Using rolf to REMOVE reinforcements after a gamechange only 1 kingdom did know about privately.

mr.jpg

Spawning clay on mountains.

rolf.jpg

That PvE servers used to have only 50ql capped ore and you could only get high Ql ore by traveling to the PvP server or by trading with them to get some. 

Then only bringing 40 back at a time in a raft which you'd have to drag the entire way back to the server. 

• Like 3

Riding champion or greenish bears so you sat inside the bear and looked through its mouth was always amusing 

Pre Fight-fix goblins unicorns and trolls would only spawn in one zone of thee map. Trolls were the best to train on.

Start of map, dont found village despite enemies founding deeds, find trolls, spend all time crossing entire map without gear or skills to found deed. Found deeds all around spawns for both unis and trolls, blocking the enemy. Proceed to spend next month defending deed suiciding trolls into enemy attackers and getting ganked by trolls moving around off deed.

-Mining under spawns to force mobs to spawn on cave entance

-Using a shield/bow as weapon to gain skill

-Dual small mauls

Edited by Lunn
1 post
  • Like 2

wear shield, activate bow and then do a slow action like track. enemy see you with bow in hand and send you free arrows. :)

• Like 2

On 11/28/2016 at 2:22 AM, Propheteer said:

you are never in combat when you go through the minedoor so it never unlocks

i dont get it, the unlock is due to enemy in local?  and it has been this way from my experiences/what ive seen

40 minutes ago, Inventor said:

Convert or die

Convert and die*

• Like 6

Pulling enemy deed guards 5(?) tiles off deed where a tank in plate with shortsword and large shield would then attack one, the rest of the deed guards would run back and everyone else would use dual hatchets in aggressive or something and kill the guard while standing on the 6th tile, so the other guards would not aggro them.

Hatchets used to be weapons.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MrGARY said:

i dont get it, the unlock is due to enemy in local?  and it has been this way from my experiences/what ive seen

build it and try, the minedoor wont unlock no matter what you do.

last tested about a little over a month ago, could have been changed since, but doubt it

Edited by Propheteer

mass producing high QL spindles and selling to traders

JK spindle kingdom 2007

trapping champion lava spiders and using them to train fighting

Edited by Huntar