Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #47 1.3 Follow up!

I'm just going to stop responding to Greyfox here, and frankly should have done so a couple responses ago, as this thread has become pretty heavily derailed. It's just not worth it to respond to this anymore. If people want to take his accusations at face value, that's up to them; I'm not going to continue stoking the fire here just for the sake of defending myself.

If Greyfox wants to continue this, he can do it in a private message conversation.

Edited by Ostentatio

Why bash Greyfox, he is right. At the same time there is no reason for Greyfox to bash other players? It is obvious, that if source code is released, it will be taken apart. Because of that I still don't really understand, why Wurm Unlimited was released as it was. I mean, I am no developer, but I assume, that you can protect your code somehow even in Java. So yeah, that was one of the weird decisions. Because of that decision the discovery and mystery went out of the window(something that devs have even stated, they want to have in Wurm).

Yes, there were many wrong beliefs and we didn't know everything. But I don't see this as a bad thing. If we know everything about the game(every formula etc), what is there still to research/discover? Proving the theories was big part of gameplay for many people. Currently if you aren't sure about anything, ask on forums and you get an exact answer.

• Like 1

On second thought, never mind. Awesome update. **kiss kiss**

Retrograde, thanks for all the hard work.  Sometimes it seems as though we are just bitching but everyone is so involved that it is a compliment to you and all for the hard work.  Oh and here script kitty here script kitty got a nice seafood curry.  Script Kitty, what a hoot.  Thanks all