Sign in to follow this  
Bigsmith

Bees

The wild hive > domestic one migration is heavilly RNG based. The farther away your hive is from the wild one, the harder the migration will be.

But after days and many hives on Deliverance, no luck as well. *wave sugar in front of the bees*

2 hours ago, ClericGunem said:

I had migration after two days and another is still waiting after a week.

I am starting to think that those players who placed their Domestic hives on the first day are the ones who had the wild ones migrate into them. I placed mine the second day and seems from then on the bees refused to leave their tree hive homes.

=Ayes=

20 minutes ago, Ayes said:

I am starting to think that those players who placed their Domestic hives on the first day are the ones who had the wild ones migrate into them. I placed mine the second day and seems from then on the bees refused to leave their tree hive homes.

=Ayes=

My third placed hive was the first one I got to migrate and was 4 days or so after the others were dropped

This update promises bees right? I feel like the 2kg honey requirement is brutal especially considering people searching for bees keep draining honey to troll others with bee boxes. They are not migrating before 2kg honey either, if they are the chance are way to low probably .001%

Increase the chance maybe? Lower the requirement to .50kg honey. I literally had a hive with 1.7kg honey yesterday and some clown drained it.

Honestly I think the best way to protect the hive is to fence the tree in. That way you will keep players from draining and the biggest culprit the bears. Bears will eat the honey if you don't protect it.

I did not know the bears would scarf down the honey.

I hate to see the forests covered in fences though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Niki said:

This update promises bees right? I feel like the 2kg honey requirement is brutal especially considering people searching for bees keep draining honey to troll others with bee boxes. They are not migrating before 2kg honey either, if they are the chance are way to low probably .001%

Increase the chance maybe? Lower the requirement to .50kg honey. I literally had a hive with 1.7kg honey yesterday and some clown drained it.

bee migration does not need 2kgs of honey, that's the requirement to produce a second queen (i.e. once you have your own hive domesticated)

Migration chances and rates will be improved in tomorrows patch though.

19 minutes ago, JudusX said:

Honestly I think the best way to protect the hive is to fence the tree in. That way you will keep players from draining and the biggest culprit the bears. Bears will eat the honey if you don't protect it.

7bd920ab02f798776d4fdd7930bf15c1.jpg

• Like 5

Spawn more wild bees?  A good many can't find even one wild hive

• Like 2

Just now, Kadore said:

Spawn more wild bees?  A good many can't find even one wild hive

And I know a few where there is a "fight" to claim the bees from the wild hive.

• Like 1

I feel with the way mmo's work, trusting people to leave 2kg of honey in hives is ny no means realistic. Queens wont be migrating much as people just come and take the loot.  Time is the only factor that should be implemented here. Isn't time enough for a system like this?

Can we get more information on raising the domesticated bee's?

How much area needed, and if hives can share the same area?

7 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

I feel with the way mmo's work, trusting people to leave 2kg of honey in hives is ny no means realistic. Queens wont be migrating much as people just come and take the loot.  Time is the only factor that should be implemented here. Isn't time enough for a system like this?

The 2kgs of honey is for a domestic locked hive to produce a second queen, not to have a wild hive migrate to a domestic hive.

7 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Can we get more information on raising the domesticated bee's?

How much area needed, and if hives can share the same area?

will find out if any of that affects it and how

49 minutes ago, vinius said:

Is cutting bee hive trees the new freedom PVP?

yes.

I foresee hive been cut down where more than one domestic hive has been and when the first hive gets their queen, they chop down the tree.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Migration chances and rates will be improved in tomorrows patch though.

This sounds encouraging. Those stubborn bees just seem to prefer their lofty tree locations at this time. Maybe cooler up there? More air vents in the domestic hives might help? Larger and more entry holes?

=Ayes=

33 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

yes.

I foresee hive been cut down where more than one domestic hive has been and when the first hive gets their queen, they chop down the tree.

the hive disappears when the queen migrates, no need to chop down the innocent tree

Edit...unless it is a Walnut; Walnuts are evil

Edited by ClericGunem

6 hours ago, Damascus said:

bee hives will not spawn on fruit trees or walnut and chestnut.

true, but i hate Walnuts and never pass up chance to encourage their eradication

• Like 1

I've found x3 bee hives, and plunked down 65 QL empty beehives by each of them (One is 63, one is 53, one is 41.)...and none of them has currently migrated. (Last I checked...it's about 45 minute travel to check on them all....assuming mobs allow me near.)....

I took a small bit of honey out of the first 2 before I read about the 2kg honey requirement, then I started leaving it in there. Both the 41 and 63 both have less than 2kg. The 53 is over the 2 kg amount (2.07 last I checked) and it didn't migrate/or produce a second one in my hive.

Do we have to leave the beeswax in wild hives for them to migrate? Do we have to put sugar/sugar-water in domestic hives?

I'd been told by a CA that there is no other requirement...just has to be higher QL than the hive and close to it...and possibly the 2kg bit. But no luck so far...

(Also, death to olives!)

Bees, Gees!

How they ~Stayin' Alive~?

*And now it's all right, it's OK*
*And you may look the other way*
*We can try to understand*

It's dem Bees man!

=Ayes=