Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Lossy fish

Storing fish in an FSB appears to use template weight, rather than the weight of the stored fish.

I.e. a giant white shark put in only adds 1 white shark to FSB, and comes back out template weight.

RIP my QL80 massive white shark.

I believe some time back the actual filet quantities you got from the huge fish was changed to a maximum amount.

I just tried blue shark and white shark on test and found that while the weight of the fish does get reduced when put into an FSB, the amount of filets you get from one that was inside and one that had never been inside is still 50.

Maybe a fisherman can weigh in on this?  

50 is the most I've ever gotten. I have lots of fishy items because of keeping seals. I have the fish in magic chests though.

AS a 99 fisherman, I don't see much problem with this if the template size can still be filleted to 50 filets.  They made a change a couple of years ago so you only got 50 filets, only the weight of each filet changed with larger fish.  Before that we got as many filets as the fish would cut into, and this caused over 100 errors with your inventory.  For instance, if you picked up 5 sharks and filleted them, you could end up with 650 filets, and no place to drop them all so you could move (Solution: drop 100 and crawl to the next tile, repeat til you can move again).