Sign in to follow this  
Davih

[Spoiler] What recipes did you find so far? Gathering infos for affinity search

I have understood it as this about not posting the receipts in forum is for a limited time as most of it will come to WU (and be datamined) later.

23 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I have understood it as this about not posting the receipts in forum is for a limited time as most of it will come to WU (and be datamined) later.

Not necessarily. I think they added very easy way for server admins to add new recipes, so I wouldn't really be surprised, if WU would get cooking with blank recipebooks(or green recipes at most). Will see tho.

Again, Retro asked us to wait with sharing receipts in forums or on Wiki till after the cooking update comes to WU.
I yell alot at him but not on this one.

Pretty sure as of now, WU will only get 80 or so recipes. So for the majority of the WO recipes we won't be able look them up in WU.

Who knows when it'll be okay to share them here. I feel it's smarter to just go elsewhere to share them. And we can do that NOW.  The president of useing moderation to prevent people from sharing information because it might inconvenience another who lacks enough self-restraint to not open a spoiler is really a sad thing to see. 

• Like 6

On 12/28/2016 at 7:07 AM, Cecci said:

Again, Retro asked us to wait with sharing receipts in forums or on Wiki till after the cooking update comes to WU.
I yell alot at him but not on this one.

I am pretty sure once the update comes to WU, you still won't be allowed to share in the forums because they do not want WU players to have potential top secret access to "privileged WO content". and will claim this is all to preserve the happiness and good of loyal WO players. My understanding is that as a result of further marginalizing/penalizing  people who play WU,  WU will get only about 15% of the recipes in WO precisely so they can't tell "game secrets" to WO people. We might get "butter" and "fish stew" and "herb casserole" and "meat and vegetable meal" and maybe a handful of other lowend generic ones , WU players supposedly are then free to mod their own cooking recipes back in, but only IF they can think up and invent their own unique 500+ recipes and add them in one at a time using cryptic JSON templates (yes easy enough for anyone familiar with very simple coding concepts, but that rules out about 90% of most players). Good luck if you run a singleplayer or small family server and already struggled just to get your server running by forwarding ports and adding firewall exceptions and changing network internet protocol addresses. The other possible outcome is if WU community modders input recipes from WO. This "threat" by modders to "steal" recipes they learn from WO just to get the basic cooling update, has now infuriated certain devs and agitated them that allowing ANY dissemination of recipes from WO -> WU is practically an open act of treason, so I anticipate the gag order on recipes to continue for MANY months to come.

So much for Rolf telling people that WU would get the same content upgrades as WU. Certain  devs now claim that the precedent was first set by not charging WU players a subscription fee making the two different from the start -- which is nothing short of weasel words since payment options and anti-cheating code are clearly not a "content update".

IF I am wrong (so far I have not seemed to be but I keep wishing I am wrong!!!), IF retrograde holds true to his word (he always has that I know of), and IF WO players are allowed to discuss recipes in the forums once (whenever) the update comes to WU, I will send Retro a personal note of apology (plus a public one here) for ever casting any doubt on him giving his word and sticking to it. As far as I know, retro is a great guy and I have never had any  issues with him, so I am thinking it probably was never his decision to make.  

We will see, depends on how many weeks it takes for the update to actually be passed to WU -- usually it is 10-20 days but I think we are nearing 40+ days now and i would not be surprised if they decide to drag it out to 60 or 90 days as a further "punishment". 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2016 at 2:13 PM, LorenaMontana said:

Thanks this is all i wanted to know.

Or we eat mycelium or we eat raw fish. 

Gollum approves, Lorena!

On 11/25/2016 at 5:17 AM, Budda said:

It's almost as if different people have different opinions. 

Yeah, it is. It's like some people want to get mining to 90 instead of dragging stuff into and out of many different types of cooking gear. Silly people!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2016 at 8:24 AM, Retrograde said:

giving away the recipe or selling it is fine.

Again, as I have stated many times, the request is to avoid large catalogues of the recipes, having a spreadsheet that is essentially a cheatsheet of all the recipes that can be made.

If you wish to know how to make one, you can ask, and people can tell you (preferably in PM please). Or you can trade and buy/sell recipes.

Just as an observation of how this is panning out:  People are selling large catalogues of recipes for ten cent each.  This is essentially buying a cheat sheet of all the recipes others made and you are just getting it for a price. When people read a recipe on the forums they still have to MAKE it once to get it added, wheras buying it just ads it automatically.  It really does not matter much, it is a game mechanic and people like me who are not really interested in standing for hours discovering recipes can at least add something interesting to cook once in a blue moon.  As for discovering affinities, I gave up when my affinities changed from one pan to another or one oven to another or forgetting to add a dash of oil or adding a mouldy egg instead of a fresh one...or blinking wrong or standing on one leg instead of two, or cooking while the wind blew East instead of West.  

However, it would seem to confirm that no free sharing on forums turned recipes into a money making commodity rather than a community building fun activity.   

• Like 4