Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

Characters can't eat my (insect) meat curry

Unfortunately this will be not much to go on, but I've cooked an insect curry (diced meat, ground turmeric, rice, olive oil, salt in sauce pan), and 2 of my other characters were unable to eat it.

Right-clicking and eat gave no feedback, but other characters see it as "<Name> starts eating an insect curry".

If you have the insect curry in your inventory when trying to eat, you can't drop it, as it says "You are working with that item".

It does not seem to block other actions by using up the action queue though.

This happened to both my other characters. Only I, as the cook, was able to eat from it.

I still have 0.74 kg of it, if a dev would like to investigate it before it decays.

I relogged one of the characters twice, for a total of 3 times trying to eat it (being hot). The other character tried to eat it once.

I've just retried and it's still the same, can't eat it and have to relog to clear it from "being worked on".

The cook was Ulviirala, the chars unable to eat from it were Nhilfrynzyne, and Darius.

I've put it in a purple pinewood bucket named "bugged insect curry" next to the token of my deed Ussta Delmah on Independence. It just ticked to 35.38 damage in the transfer. Feel free to simply take it if need be ;)

Edited by Ulviirala

I'm going to leave this open as the thread for Indigestible meals.  I understand a GM as well as a Dev ate from your food but other characters are unable to do so.  If you run across another like this, please post again.

I have some items I cannot interact with. 

i.e. fried meat, canine. (there are more)

I right click, eat it but no action bar or event message is shown. I can see my protein bar go up and my food bar go up whenever I do attempt to eat it and the item weight does not change. Please fix :) 

Edit: When I try to drop it, event says "You are using that item." I have to re-log to drop. 

Edit 2: Other characters can interact with it, and the item behaves normally. It's just for one character that the item(s) are bugged. 

Edited by Banzai

2 minutes ago, Banzai said:

I have some items I cannot interact with. 

i.e. fried meat, canine. (there are more)

I right click, eat it but no action bar or event message is shown. I can see my protein bar go up and my food bar go up whenever I do attempt to eat it and the item weight does not change. Please fix :) 

Edit: When I try to drop it, event says "You are using that item." I have to re-log to drop. 

Banzai, I merged your issue with this one as it's the same type of problem.

It seems there are some items that one person can eat and others cannot interact with.  

These are things we can't reproduce at will but know they are happening. 

thanks for the report.

• Like 1

Hah I was almost concerned I wouldn't be believed. Can also confirm bars go up, did not notice with the curry.

This time it's a freshly cooked seafood sausage (bladder, seal meat, fat all from BSB/FSB, meat was then minced, and breadcrumbs) <- just pointing out what ingredients were bulk stocked, not for recipe sharing.

If the item is required for debugging, feel free to just take it. It'll again be in the purple bucket named "bugged food", next to the token of Ussta Delmah on Independence.

Is the system perhaps trying to give an affinity for a 1.00 skill that's not been used/"discovered" yet (like before unused/unknown skills were added displaying as 1.00), and the eating ticks thus silently fail? Afaik in WU, unused skills for characters do not have instances of the skill class, and no database entry is created for them. Though in that case, many characters should have this issue. Nah, probably not it. Have fun debugging :P

So I made 3 more meat curries, all in the same cooker, all ingredients from the same source, the only difference being the type of meat.

Humanoid, horse, and bear. The bear meat curry can not be eaten by the same 2 characters.

I even used one of the characters that's unable to eat, to cook the actual meal. The character put all the ingredients in, took the sauce pan, and put it back in the oven. The character can not eat it, my main can eat it and gets the same affinity as with the bear meat curry she cooked.

I've then tried to use FSB'd turmeric instead of fresh, which didn't seem to have an effect on the seeded RNG, because it gave my main the same affinity as with fresh ground turmeric, and the other two chars still can't eat it. So much for that test, I don't want to blow all my cocoa beans on this ;P

On 11/28/2016 at 7:38 PM, Ulviirala said:

Is the system perhaps trying to give an affinity for a 1.00 skill that's not been used/"discovered" yet (like before unused/unknown skills were added displaying as 1.00), and the eating ticks thus silently fail? Afaik in WU, unused skills for characters do not have instances of the skill class, and no database entry is created for them. Though in that case, many characters should have this issue. Nah, probably not it. Have fun debugging :P

So I made 3 more meat curries, all in the same cooker, all ingredients from the same source, the only difference being the type of meat.

Humanoid, horse, and bear. The bear meat curry can not be eaten by the same 2 characters.

I even used one of the characters that's unable to eat, to cook the actual meal. The character put all the ingredients in, took the sauce pan, and put it back in the oven. The character can not eat it, my main can eat it and gets the same affinity as with the bear meat curry she cooked.

I've then tried to use FSB'd turmeric instead of fresh, which didn't seem to have an effect on the seeded RNG, because it gave my main the same affinity as with fresh ground turmeric, and the other two chars still can't eat it. So much for that test, I don't want to blow all my cocoa beans on this ;P

Can you let me know the exact order of items you are using to make the 3 curries?  Also the containers and the specific order of adding ingredients.  You can do it via forum PM if you wish to keep the recipe confidential.

Please say when (server time) and where (server) this happens so can ask for the logs to be checked.

Also player names that cannot eat.

45 minutes ago, Tich said:

Please say when (server time) and where (server) this happens so can ask for the logs to be checked.

Also player names that cannot eat.

D:\Games\Wurm\players\Ulviirala\logs>grep -i "starts to eat a red bear curry" _Event.2016-11.txt (Independence)
[00:42:33] Darius starts to eat a red bear curry.
[00:42:36] Darius starts to eat a red bear curry.
[00:45:05] Nhilfrynzyne starts to eat a red bear curry.
[00:45:34] Nhilfrynzyne starts to eat a red bear curry.
[00:45:39] Nhilfrynzyne starts to eat a red bear curry.
[00:45:45] Darius starts to eat a red bear curry.

This is Novmeber 29th, 12:42 AM CET, Darius and Nhilfrynzyne are the characters that are unable to "get eating ticks", or affinity.

Thanks, found the problem, and should be fixed in next weeks update.

Who thought it would've been this easy ;)

Cheers!

PS: The recipe was, bunch of stuff, some of it ground, some awful sounding other choices thrown in a sauce pan, and et voila!