Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

random affinities from same meal

So i made several of the same kind of meal and 1 gives a 7 second rake bonus the other a 19 second scythe bonus

Both are the exact same meat meal recipe from the same meat+corn

Also to add why such short useless timers im sure that more complicated high ql ones give longer bonuses but is there really a point of having a 7 second lasting bonus or something of those short times?

Plus if eating something of to low ql where the timer finishes(1 second long bonuses) chat gets spammed with the same message over and over about gaining a insight in what ever skill the dish gives you

I've been able to create 6-7mins long affinity buffs when using 82ql veggies, filleted meat and 3 herbs.

• Like 1

The affinity bonus time ddpends on how much of the food you eat. Try eating the meal when you food bar is at 30% or lees, i had affinity for 12mins this way. You say same food, but was it completely the same? I was told the ingridients have to be completely the same, so for a meal if you put 1 potatoe,1corn and 1diced meat, it has to be exactly the same including the meat type, any changes and you get different bonus. example, you make the meal from 1 potato,1 garlic and 1 diced meat, you still get a meal with same name, but bonus will be different! Use the notes, when you diacover a useful food, write down the recipe in notes!

Kardiwen is correct about meal ingredients and the affinity timer.  Also note, it makes a difference if the same ingredients are used in a different container and even a different cooker.  For instance, if you put meat and corn in an oven and then meat and corn in a forge - you will get a different affinity as the cooker is different. 

I got opposite situation, same affinity from 2 very different meals, is that legit? I also think that affinity times are too short, but havent experimented with higher ql meals yet

15 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I got opposite situation, same affinity from 2 very different meals, is that legit? I also think that affinity times are too short, but havent experimented with higher ql meals yet

Same affinity from two different meals is not a bug.  There are only so many skills and at least 5 times the number of recipes.  

As mentioned above, the more you eat of a recipe, the longer the timed affinity will be.  You may also want to try more difficult meals to compare the timing.

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

Same affinity from two different meals is not a bug.  There are only so many skills and at least 5 times the number of recipes.  

As mentioned above, the more you eat of a recipe, the longer the timed affinity will be.  You may also want to try more difficult meals to compare the timing.

Yes, can confirm the difficulty. Where as I made Kyara lime pie (can't remember the actual difficulty, but it required 2 completely different stages and at least 5 ingredients at one time), weight 2,71, and I ate from it 0,11kg, I received 9 minutes 45 seconds aggressive fighting affinity and all the ccfp jumped up to 99% except carbs, which was 85 or so. So difficulty matters to ccfp also.

• Like 1

I had one was 45 difficulty, 10 ingredients, eating for 16 secs filled my 4 bars to 99% (i had done a refresh about an hour before so they were empty). gave me a 46 minute affinity.  

3EiOHoI.png

• Like 1

exact same ingredients

exact same oven

exact same frying pan

exact same toon

2 cycles between rake and scythe bonus when ever i eat them

as for the time i get that im just saying why show the so short ones when they are technically pointless wouldnt it be better to have a min time before they show up? anyway the bug was about the randomness part