Sign in to follow this  
Hampsterman

Runes

Has anyone pulled together a chart of the combos and results yet? Or even partial results.

• Like 1

I know of one person at least who has figured out the full list, up to them whether they want to make that public though.

• Like 1

very nice Noizhead.   I hadn't even finished the Vyn runes before running out of Rift mats and you've got the complete list done.   Very nice.

• Like 1

I was on my way to discovering a whole lot of them when I discovered this document exists, so I turned my one into simply a colourful version of his list with added notes and observations as they're found (for instance, what is skill level bonus? Does it make sense on the full item description?

• Like 1

10% higher gather QL

to what skills does it apply? Can I mine 99ql ore with 90 mining and this rune? Can I get 99ql logs with just 90WC? If so, it's way overpowered.

1 minute ago, archer said:

10% higher gather QL

to what skills does it apply? Can I mine 99ql ore with 90 mining and this rune? Can I get 99ql logs with just 90WC? If so, it's way overpowered.

And imbue isn't?

Nice list but one thing that is missing is what rift mats was used? LIke wood, crystal, or stone for each one. I know Vyn with wood gave the rarity increase and speed from test.

3 minutes ago, rixk said:

And imbue isn't?

Imbue is much harder (and more expensive) to get. Also: imbue + rune = 20% higher gather quality?

1 hour ago, archer said:

Imbue is much harder (and more expensive) to get.

So are you saying imbue was fine because only the wealthy could get the bonus, and now it's overpowered because it's become more accessible to everybody? I don't see what the accessibilty of something has to do with whether it is is overpowered or not and strongly disagree that its fine for something to be overpowered if almost nobody can get it.

• Like 3

But runes are less accessible than imbues for most players (2 high level skills (gathering and creation) and a high stat (soul depth) vs 1 high level skill (natural substances))

Thanks for the list nozi of all those new shiney bits of magic that I won't be able to partake in without paying someone ^_^

14 minutes ago, Ecrir said:

So are you saying imbue was fine because only the wealthy could get the bonus, and now it's overpowered because it's become more accessible to everybody? I don't see what the accessibilty of something has to do with whether it is is overpowered or not and strongly disagree that its fine for something to be overpowered if almost nobody can get it.

Well, yes and no. For people who are spending real money on this game - sure, imbue is overpowered, but - believe me or not - there are players who actually put huge amount of effort to get their 100 imbue (travelling for slaying, trading goods, crafting). Well, maybe it's not so bad, that there's another way to get +10% ql, still I would like to know how this bonus works...

Uh, and I forgot - thanks for the list Noizhead!

1 hour ago, archer said:

Imbue is much harder (and more expensive) to get. Also: imbue + rune = 20% higher gather quality?

I dont know about the pricing fo runes, but yes, imbue costs bit.

But about imbuing, it has completely removed the need to skill up your mining/woodcutting. Get them to 80ish, get high imbue and done. You yield same results as someone, who has worked many-many months on their resource gathering skills. Looks like the rune amplifies this even more.

• Like 1

So no matter what rift mats you use (stone, wood, crystal) you get the same output for the same god and metal combination ?

yes, it just determines what material type it can be placed on

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

yes, it just determines what material type it can be placed on

One more thing if you can help please. So there is a limit of one rune per item, but can i attach a new rune after one was already attached and replace the effect, or it's only one rune for the lifetime of that item ? Also, does the effect wear off in time or it's permanent ?

Edited by faty

4 minutes ago, faty said:

One more thing if you can help please. So there is a limit of one rune per item, but can i attach a new rune after one was already attached and replace the effect, or it's only one rune for the lifetime of that item ? Also, does the effect wear off in time or it's permanent ?

You get an option "replace rune" it destroys the one on the item and places a new one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ecrir said:

Unfortunately the game has long been setup on the basis of the exclusivity of certain items which could then be farmed by certain groups (small or large) and sold to the rest of the playerbase who were willing to pay exorbitant prices for them.

3 hours ago, rixk said:

But about imbuing, it has completely removed the need to skill up your mining/woodcutting. Get them to 80ish, get high imbue and done. You yield same results as someone, who has worked many-many months on their resource gathering skills. Looks like the rune amplifies this even more.

Again, this costs either time or money to do, so the old route of improving your skills over time by actually using them still holds more attraction for the more stubborn and determined of us. The allure of that strange sense of accomplishment remains as well. To each their own, I reckon.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Budda said:

I know of one person at least who has figured out the full list, up to them whether they want to make that public though.

14 hours ago, Noizhead said:

Awesome haven't seen the Libila ones yet... wait... raking and harvesting bonus? :blink:

Squee!

Edit - Just tested and only the reduced size on the longbow was needed, another mailbox with no rune on it worked too.

4LHjqqF.jpg?1

Edited by Nadroj
New info
  • Like 1

I updated the pastebin to have more consistent wording, and added a block at the bottom with copy-pastes of ingame descriptions for the various rune effects.  If something still sounds vague, then it's likely you know about as much as I do.