Sign in to follow this  
elroth

chopped veggies NOT BALANCED

I really dislike this change. I'm perfectly happy to have other priests raised a bit to match Nahjo a bit more, though.

The chopping action just adds tedium to the whole casting process. It adds nothing but another hoop we have to jump through. The sudden timing of this change also is terrible. Could we not have gotten notice weeks ago?

Give everyone half the favor for crops, reduce cordage difficulty, and forget the chopping step.

Edited by Hailene

43 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

Veggies, you look at it this way. More enchants via Veggies = Everyone can get a hold of enchants much easier. Instead of slaving away every could of days to enchant a whole new set of armor/tools/weapons.

The dev team makes everything more of a nuisance more than anything anymore. I fully understand that Wurm should be a somewhat complex game, but you're making it more than it should be. By nerfing unnecessary things and adding/removing unnecessary things.

i.e: you're overthinking absolutely everything way to much to try to improve the game, but you're actually hurting it more than anything.

^

Can we have a one-time switch for the useless Najho altars? I have some churches where I have different altars; I don't think I'll be needing this kind anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Just to clarify. 60ql knife, 30 cooking skill.

26b3da3c0f504c49945a9bb286a82dd6.png

as you can see, it is above the quality of the corn, and definitely above the set cooking skill.

It's abve the Ql of the corn?

How will ql 100 Corn act ?

Wil it be above those too ?

Forgive me but I got no clue to what chopped is...is it chopped from the field or chopped from harvest veggies?

For me it sounds like chopped from field direct, liked chopped tree, do I get it wrong?

Enlight a poor farmer with one nahjo priest ;)

2 minutes ago, Maiya said:

It's abve the Ql of the corn?

How will ql 100 Corn act ?

Wil it be above those too ?

Forgive me but I got no clue to what chopped is...is it chopped from the field or chopped from harvest veggies?

For me it sounds like chopped from field direct, liked chopped tree, do I get it wrong?

Enlight a poor farmer with one nahjo priest ;)

it's the harvested veg chopped with a knife (as in knife and fork, not carving or butcher) I believe

• Like 1

Just now, Chulirac said:

it's the harvested veg chopped with a knife (as in knife and fork, not carving or butcher) I believe

Ty for clarifying it for me :)

I really didn't need to wake up to this mess.  Nahjo needed a nerf, no question about that and I tend to fall in the camp that better late than never.  Is this the best solution, probably not, but at least it is a solution. It is my view that saccing for favor is a relatively advanced game play item and as such it should be designed around group play. Something a village takes on with tasks for farming/resource collection and then production of the item and finally the priest to use it.

After reading through this entire thread it is beyond me why anyone would bother to switch priest type for pve purposes, nahjo still has a great spell list.  A bit more work to mass produce favor but that is balanced out by the great spell list. As to the impact to cordage, it seems the benefits of cordage are going to be a bit light compared to chopped veggies, but I'm not really sure to be honest.  Seems to me that there is room for a two tier universal favor item.  Chopped veggies for basic and cordage for elite.  As such cordage needs to produce about 25% more favor at least for time invested at decent skills and more at high skills.

Finally, give Nahjo a decent double favor item if it can be done without breaking other things, but in my view if you get universal favor right, the double favor item is not really an issue given the great spell list.

Edited by GoldFever
spelling error

15 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Can you store chopped up veggies in food storage bins?

Last statement from Retro a few pages back:- will chase up the bulk storage, when I helped set up the test server it was possible

edit: corrected my spelling

Will chopping veggies give cooking skill?

As I see now Nahjo does have good skill set , if you plan to change just deity because of sac items  that's just  crazy.

If I can raise cooking skill chopping veggies then bonus I think , but then I just play the game to have fun.

If is not fun I wont play , simple .

21 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Can you store chopped up veggies in food storage bins?

Update.

Veg can be stored in a new container - Larder

My understanding is its a Fine Carp item

it needs...20 planks, 4 shafts, 3 small nails, 5 lead, 2 iron ribbons

My current belief is it does not require a minimum FC skill to start

2 minutes ago, Chulirac said:

Update.

Veg can be stored in a new container - Larder

My understanding is its a Fine Carp item

So more items to make, oh goodie

16 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Will chopping veggies give cooking skill?

As I see now Nahjo does have good skill set , if you plan to change just deity because of sac items  that's just  crazy.

If I can raise cooking skill chopping veggies then bonus I think , but then I just play the game to have fun.

If is not fun I wont play , simple .

My understanding is "Chopping" veg gives "Cooking" skill gains

• Like 1

Will that mean that we can store it only after next winter? If I understand correctly larder will not preserve stuff unless snow is added to it.

As the priests will need thousands of chopped veggies for casting, will we be able to use Crafting window to do that task?

Will you add a keyboard shortcut to chop up stuff?

Currently on test it is available through the really cumbersome right click menu way, it is a great pain to make the big amounts needed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Will that mean that we can store it only after next winter? If I understand correctly larder will not preserve stuff unless snow is added to it.

Just confirmed it requires snow, ie next winter. Don't know how "efficient" it will be before then.

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

will chase up the bulk storage, when I helped set up the test server it was possible

So, Retrograde, we're not getting to store chopped veggies in bulk storage? So those were lies again?

Edited by zigozag

Also it means that is 500 chopped veggies per larder, right? It is not a bulk container as I'm aware, holds 100 items per shelf only.

That will kill the possibility to store up a lot for the priest for later processing.

Now we are with a nerfed priest where we cannot effectively create and then store sacc items. Cool.

Edited by Jaz

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

1.  No worse than cotton harvests  Nice try, but it doesn't take a full KG to make one cloth square

2.  You can fit more favor in cordage ropes in a crate.  That depends on what you're comparing cordage rope to.  Sure, raw veggies fit more in a crate for example, but one raft can hold over 4k veggies.... which a single crate cannot.

3.  About the same number of people who can run two toons I'd bet (you did say pet priests were working as intended)  Thank you for furthering my point.

4.  It's actually closer to 0.75 (1/1.33333 if your "one and a third" is correct)   "One third" of .50 is .1666.  Pretty damn close to the .15 kg extra needed for each and every cordage rope.  I realize math is hard for you, but do please try to keep up, will you?

Edited by Wargasm

11 minutes ago, Chulirac said:

Just confirmed it requires snow, ie next winter. Don't know how "efficient" it will be before then.

Just so I'm straight on this, the best bet to sac now is to:

Make a knife and fork ( cannot improve as a priest )

Make a Larder ( cannot improve as a priest )

Collect snow

Then spam spam spam until the following Winter

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We all know Nahjo/lib was too easy sac wise, we just got used to easy mode; the change you've made imo is fair but took too long, pretty sure we cry for most of these updates when you guys implement them week 1, get ignored then a year later you come back saying ok we are right time to nerf, when we're all adjusted to it :P, people will be mad as shown, i have a nahjo priest, was in middle of grinding, currently 68 channeling, so i guess im screwed over but it's right thing to do long term. Too easy.

Just allow chopped to be stored in fsb tho.

Also, whilst we on topic of priests; can you just allow lib on freedom now?

Edited by Mclovin

8 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Allow all priests for all kingdoms then pls

Lib is dead

8 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 hours ago, Kadore said:

So all priests can gain favor from the same item.

besides the original 4 priests, spells are now a spin the wheel for any new priest?

What is the argument again for Lib not being allowed on Freedom?

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

The reasoning before was regarding her PvP spells, which have been restricted. It's out of scope to discuss changes to Libila.

I've worked quite a bit on the faith issues between Chaos and the rest of Freedom. If any changes were to be made, they need to be done properly and with significant testing. To just open her up right now would likely cause people to either lose Libila faith on Chaos, or lose non-Lib faith on other servers.

My response isn't a yes or a no, btw. That's not a decision for me. I've just been close to this bit of the code lately, so I know the pitfalls.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

We all know Nahjo was too buffed, we just got used to easy mode; the change you've made imo is fair, people will be mad as shown, i have a nahjo priest, was in middle of grinding, currenty 68 channeling, so i guess im screwed over but it's right thing to do long term.

there is no reason though for them not to give libila and nahjo a decent feasible sac item. they didnt balance it. they just murdered nahjo and liblila and added a universal sac item thats half the favor of what nahjo had before with an added task to it

give nahjo sqaure cloth and lib locks then if that will make people feel better