Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

[Bug] Dog walks out of building which has locked doors

I shall drag wolfey back down into the mine.

Okay she is back in the pen with the slate iron fence, and after I walked out of the pen and untamed her she immediately agroed on me and attacked through the fence.

Edited by JakeRivers

Yes, my tests showed dogs and wolves still escaping from fences, but not from buildings.  Please try the wolf in a building and try other animals in the pen.

3 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Please begin your testing again as of today

Thanks Alectrys!

Ok I'll retest w/ wolves, bears, and dogs, as I find them and have the time to bring them home. I can retest w/ that champion goblin if he's still down there.

I have been testing 2 separate trolls locked in 2 separate underground buildings. So far (almost 2 weeks) they have not departed. I have been dropping meat there so they don't go hungry, which may influence them to stay put, I guess. One is ven, so maybe will soon be time to retire that one.

I'll update my original post to indicate escape events that occur after Jun first, if posters here will indicate dates or time frames.

I will plan to set up a couple test fences w/ gates underground later, and can test in those too (I'll post test results here when I get that done).

• Like 1

Update:

All agro mobs can engage you in combat if you are standing next to the door/gate underground. Whether or not it can escape. This part seems to matter exactly where you are standing.

Trolls stay put inside underground buildings (for me they did).

Cow stays put in underground fenced in area.

Black bear stayed put inside underground fenced in area and underground building.

Brown bear walked out of underground fenced in area, but stayed put inside underground building.

Got more testing to do, will post here as I continue testing.

1 hour ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Update:

All agro mobs can engage you in combat if you are standing next to the door/gate underground. Whether or not it can escape. This part seems to matter exactly where you are standing.

Thank you for your continued testing and updating!

The issue about agro mobs attacking through building walls/gates I already have as a separate bug, followed here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/141711-bug-off-deed-lava-fiend-attacking-through-cave-house-walls/

On 1.6.2017 at 9:55 PM, Alectrys said:

I've seen a few improvements on tests regarding this issue.  This is my experience during the past week - this patch is now live as of today.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154642-patch-notes-1jun17/  (There is no mention of animals not escaping because a few still are and I would like your feedback).

NOTE:  All tests are underground.

a.  Nothing is escaping from my underground test house. (dogs, wolves, cow)

b.  A troll and a champion cat are not escaping from an underground fenced area.

c.  A deer is not escaping from an underground fenced area.

e.  Dogs and wolves ARE escaping from underground fenced areas.  (The dog actually ended up above ground this morning even with a mine door).

Please begin your testing again as of today and let me know if anything has improved with your situations.

Animals ending up above ground is quite common. I have had a good bunch of tickets, where I ended up finding the missing animal (mostly horses) eaten by a troll on the surface.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, Sklo:D said:

(mostly horses) eaten by a troll on the surface

I am waiting for a few throw away horses to test underground. I will try it w/ horses underground when I get them. I don't want any of my good horses eaten by trolls. Thanks your post Sklo:D. I am testing a croc now in underground areas.

On 6/8/2017 at 3:17 AM, Sklo:D said:

Animals ending up above ground is quite common. I have had a good bunch of tickets, where I ended up finding the missing animal (mostly horses) eaten by a troll on the surface.

Sklo, if you are referring to Wurm Unlimited, the partial fix for this issue has not been updated to WU yet I don't believe.  This forum is for WO experience only.

Update:

Crocodile seems to stay put in buildings and fenced in areas underground pens.

Update:

Yesterday I put a wolf in a fenced in area with gates underground. Today (early AM on 29 Aug 2017) that wolf was loose out of the gate wandering the mines. On deed Circlesville, on Independence. The gates were not locked (wolves , of course, should not pass any gates, locked or not).

I did notice that this wolf would not pass thru the gate while it was aggressive towards me. It waited till i was gone before it escaped. Apparently the unobserved wolvees are the ones get loose from the gated areas. When i found it loose in the mine today, i ran into a fenced in gated area. It chased me up to the fenced in area, but would not enter. So i retamed the wolf brought it to a topside fenced in area.

So this is still an active issue.

I still have this as open as far as dogs and wolves escaping from UNDERGROUND fenced areas.  They no longer escape from underground housing and it seems it's only dogs and wolves now?   What's up with these canine?

Does anyone else have any new details - like other animals that get out of LOCKED UNDERGROUND PENS?

Champion goblin (another one) escaped yesterday from a mine that has all entrances locked doors on builidng, escaped. I think he was bored. (3Dec2017).

This was at my deed Cornersville on Independence.

Came above ground and tapped me on the shoulder.

Today (18Jan) a ven troll entered a locked door in a mine on my deed (Cornersville) on Indepenence.

Three days ago, a ven troll was in a small mine area (1x5 tiles). Maybe it had spawned there. I thought it was hilarious a troll spawned in such a small mine. So I got a screenie.

jQNqpAu.jpg

Today I went past the ven troll was no longer in that small 1x5 mine area, it had apparently passed thru a locked door into other mine area (that small underground building (1x1) you see there in the screenie above, has a confirmed locked door which leads into a bigger mine area to the right (in that image)).

In this screenie, you can see the ven troll is inside the larger mine area today. Only way he could get there is by passing through a locked door.

WZKBAN9.jpg

Trolls should not be able to pass through locked  doors on buildings, even if they are underground. Maybe he used his lock picking?... scary...