Sign in to follow this  
Pardigan

Fatigue system needs to be looked at

13 minutes ago, Gekko said:

My point was that it isn't the only, or most efficient way to stop macro users. Therefore, it doesn't really have any benefits if you just change how macro users are detected/caught. (I believe they already have a multitude of ways to detect it)

Until someone provides a way for the Wurm team to implement a much better macro detector, I don't think see a way for fatigue to be removed.

The most would be increasing the fatigue cap (but not the regen rate). So people who have odd work schedule or students on break will have a longer store to burn through before they run out of fatigue after bouts of inactivity or less intense playtime before hand.

Edited by Hailene

17 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Until someone provides a way for the Wurm team to implement a much better macro detector, I don't think see a way for fatigue to be removed.

The most would be increasing the fatigue cap (but not the regen rate). So people who have odd work schedule or students on break will have a longer store to burn through before they run out of fatigue after bouts of inactivity or less intense playtime before hand.

The fatigue system itself does not stop macro users. It only limits them to X hours per day.

A better solution would be to just flag any accounts that hit the current limit and have GMs check to see whether they are macroing or not. (As currently happens anyway)

• Like 2

ye must observe the Sabbath, lest you be stoned to death.

• Like 1

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler

about my last post...

It is actually ~1/4th of a day
or.. 5-6hours not 7-8hours of fatigue that could be used every day.. and regenerated, without draining it too much to eventually reach 0 fatigue.

Why am I seeing this NOW? Because I never seen the game as a job.. to log in, say hi or not.. and straight up start grinding nonstop until I headbutt the fatigue wall, than log out, and next time I log to ##### about it.
It's the "cause and effect", one thing leads to the other.

Which is fine for inconsistent burst and break type of playing(like mine was~).. but everyday "OCDs" probably need a tiny boost in their life.

What's considered 'normal' or average.. is to have about 6-8 hours of sleep, about same for more for a job/college/etc.. and remaining time is left to all kinds of activities.. one of which is .. playing Wurm.

In other words... if somebody gets home and grinds(not play.. but grind a skill..) for 7-8 hours a day.. constantly.. it's easy to drop to zer0 fatigue after a while. If the person's unchanging.

Grinding is not playing.. because... you could be playing the game, and do a lot.. without reaching that limit, you only get there if you do not move and constantly without a break, repeatedly.... keep working on something. (which is sketchy and close to what a bot would do, also persistence in that behavior is odd to never get a person into some real life tiredness)

Plenty of people probably sleep less... or are and not that busy irl with things... and play a bit more than 6 hours every day, plus... it's summer.

I'll stop here.. whether it does or doesn't deserve a boost, cant say.

Is there any chance to get some stats in this post, how many have 1-2-3-4-... hours of fatigue left, and what % of the non/prem chars they are?

Edited by Finnn

14 hours ago, bdew said:

That's none of your freaking business. 

I'm want to agree with a troll, but what we're discussing are people who can over-play/provide more than one person can legit do...and that can actually effect a business. This thing is built to thwart macro users. A bot (Macroer) can outperform, and therefore provide more than a human can. Allowing a free flow of items that weren't created by human hands, can in essence make one 'person' (How do you tell if they are a bot or not?) the 'leader' of a market because they can provide more with less 'work', and trash a certain commodity. (I saw this with boat-building, which I personally knew of 2 that were, that effected my own business by crashing the market/effecting price, which was compounded by my then not being allowed to discuss the matter due to rules about discussing macro users/moderated actions which I then got moderated/silenced for.)

What you folks are asking for, is less limits on your playtime...I get that...I'd be ticked too. But I'm someone who overplays to an unhealthy amount AND I'VE NEVER HIT THE CAP. So the only thing I can think is that someone's doing something they shouldn't be and bumping continuously against a pre-set limit...and this thread is looking like a 'Please allow us to break this limit.' which was set (From the looks of it, for good reason...).

A hypothetical here : Should we just then allow macroers to run things? Say why play the game at all, when you can just set a computer to 'play' the game for you, and then come back and reap the rewards...? Or even better, run a few bots on some alts, and transfer the goods to a 'main' and then re-sell them? That won't effect somebodies business at all...right? Would there then even still be a 'market' for those goods?

It shouldn't matter whether what you consider "fun" or "not fun" includes grinding and not moving tiles.

Some people obviously play Wurm for that experience.

Play your own way and let them play theirs.

I don't see any posts of "I sit on 1 tile for 6 hours...we should cap how many tiles people move per hour" taking the other side of the argument people are trying to make here.

Fatigue system does not stop macro users. It only limits how long they can macro on a single account within a set time frame. Something that can be solved other ways.

• Like 3

The argument being used here is 'It's fine to play how you want'. Except when your 'fun' harms another person/their business.

These people are saying it's not someone's business what they do in their own time. When it does effect them. They just don't seem to understand that. Actions have consequences.

So, what if your 'fun' is garnered from purposely harming others? Should that then be allowed too? Should there be no rules? Should anarchy reign supreme? Everyone can do what they want in that situation. But remember, your wants may not jive with others, so they can then harm YOU in return. I imagine most of these arguments can easily be flipped on their head.

People want freedoms to do whatever they will, but you rarely get pure 'freedom' without trodding upon someone's freedom along the way.

In this game, things have actual real life value, because you can 'cash out' and move on...how long do you suppose any of that would have any value if someone's real life time hadn't been spent doing it...and it was just a computer generated item (In essence what a bot produced.)? Would any of you still be trying to 'profit' in the game if that were so? Maybe your freedom is just to sit in a corner building obscure sandcastles and never bother with any of the items that are involved in the market...but then you're just being forced to mass produce all the items to build said sandcastle...is that still fun? To some people, sure. Should you be allowed to get around the game creator's obstacles they put in your path? Would it still feel like an achievement if you hadn't had that obstacle?

People should be allowed to have their fun, up to a point. That point is when it begins to harm another(Or themselves). In this game, monetarily. One could also make the argument for harming oneself by over-doing (And apparently it was argued relating to this at one point along the way in relation to this.). At what point, along the way, are you harming the game itself, the people who built it? Should we allow hackers to create openings in the code to do everything in seconds that used to take us years to complete? Would that then still be 'fun'? Sure...for someone out there. But should it be allowed? I think the game owners, and the staff people would have a comment upon it happening though...we can't all have our 'fun'.

54 minutes ago, Gekko said:

I don't see any posts of "I sit on 1 tile for 6 hours...we should cap how many tiles people move per hour" taking the other side of the argument people are trying to make here.

Ad ridiculum.

4 hours ago, Corsan said:

The argument being used here is 'It's fine to play how you want'. Except when your 'fun' harms another person/their business

Yes that's an important argument... but then:

4 hours ago, Corsan said:

So, what if your 'fun' is garnered from purposely harming others?

What?

Nobody is justifying botting here.

In fact, what @Gekkosaid might be the best solution. Keep it in the background, lift any limitations but keep those who spend it "too" quickly on the list.

Edited by zigozag

7 hours ago, Corsan said:

People should be allowed to have their fun, up to a point. That point is when it begins to harm another(Or themselves). In this game, monetarily. One could also make the argument for harming oneself by over-doing (And apparently it was argued relating to this at one point along the way in relation to this.). At what point, along the way, are you harming the game itself, the people who built it? Should we allow hackers to create openings in the code to do everything in seconds that used to take us years to complete? Would that then still be 'fun'? Sure...for someone out there. But should it be allowed? I think the game owners, and the staff people would have a comment upon it happening though...we can't all have our 'fun'.

Ad ridiculum.

I don't believe it is ad ridiculum.

The other's points were that "its unfair that someone plays longer than I do" somehow giving them an 'unfair advantage'.

My point was that, there will almost always be someone who can play longer...I just took it to the extreme. You can't limit other people based on 'i can't play that much, so neither should you'.

No one is advocating for macro use. I'm saying it makes no sense to limit people's play time, especially given that they pay for it.

The only time I can see something like fatigue being useful would be in the first month of a game's release...where it is designed so players don't 'get ahead too quickly' and people remain bunched up.

For a game over 10 years old, the point about it being 'unfair' that someone plays longer just doesn't hold. In that case, anyone who started 10 years ago has an 'unfair' advantage as they have had more time to play.

tl;dr It's a sandbox game not a competitive sport. Let people play as long as they wish, it isn't hurting anyone...the only people being hurt are those who can't play because they hit fatigue, whether you "agree" with someone playing 16+ hour days or not.

20 hours ago, Arium said:

edit... 3 or so?:

so far everyone in this thread was talking about 8 hours of fatigue regenerated, and i too was in the believe that it is 8 hours a day. however this is wrong.

it is ONLY 8 hours regenerated a day if you stay online 24/7 or log in exactly at a fatigue refresh. if you are off on the login time the game throws away part of your time, specifically everything that is over the last refresh tick, and can nullify up to 2 hours 59 minutes of a fatigue refresh effectively having you end up with 7 or even less hours of fatigue a day.

the more often you take breaks and log out during the day the less fatigue you will end up with.

I'm sorry, I'm having a senior morning, and I don't think I'm correctly understanding your explanation above.  Please would you break it down a bit more for me?  Are you saying that just being logged off for 24 hours doesn't regen 8 hours of fatigue?

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler
On 5/17/2017 at 11:50 AM, Wonka said:

I'm sorry, I'm having a senior morning, and I don't think I'm correctly understanding your explanation above.  Please would you break it down a bit more for me?  Are you saying that just being logged off for 24 hours doesn't regen 8 hours of fatigue?

it does.. worst case is to .. just have ticked 'you feel rested', burn that 1 hour of fatigue.. and log out.. or remain in the world(DOESNT MATTER);

You'll than get 1 hour fatigue after 2hours.. etc... 24-26hours later.. you'll have 8-9hours, worst case you could be in need of another 2hours, big deal... problem's the other way.. how fast it's being used as it regenerates..you still have ~6hours per day with 8+8hours of sleep and work/school, and ~6hours to spend on the game -> giving you another 2hours-> resulting in 8hours of sitting on 1 tile and working, +extra time for breaks, stamina regen inbetween actions, etc..

Didn't Kyle(remembered randomly as 1 of the last reached 100s) say that he used to grind ~2-4hours every day.. with & no sleep bonus... and he got to 100 on 1 skill, 

I'm not saying fight the man:o, just as an example.. for reaching 100 skill.. which takes a WHILE... and a lot of work.. and he got there grinding 4hours a day if I remember correctly. He didn't complain about fatigue than I think... and got so far above the others.

Edited by Finnn

40 minutes ago, Wonka said:

you do regenerate 8 hours of fatigue if you are offline for 24 hours. yes.

the problem that i described is that if you log out with 0 minutes of fatigue left and log back in 2 days later, you will still only get 8 hours of fatigue. that is the limit to how much you can regenerate in a single offline session.

the other problem i described is that Finnn is wrong in his believes that fatigue is regenerated once every 3 hours regardless of wether you are online or not.

when you go offline your character stops doing everything at all. completely. there is no schedule on how to handle offline players.

the fatigue is only regenerated once you log back in. 1 hour for every FULL 3 hours that you were offline.

so lets imagine you log out right after a fatigue tick (the you feel rested message).

if you were offline for 1 hour you dont get anything. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 2 hours you dont get anything. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 3 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 4 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. logging in now will result in the timer being reset to 0 and you loosing 1 hour of the timer ticking down since the game does not handle overflow over the last tick. it only reacts to full timers.

if you were offline for 5 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 5 hours 45 minutes you get 1 hour of fatigue. the other 2 hours 45 minutes are lost.

i hope this explains it a bit better.

• Like 3

As far as limiting people from getting ahead (one of the stated goals of fatigue by rolf) account sales have completely nullified this aspect of /fatigue. Want to get ahead now? Pony up the cash and off you go, but don't dream of just out working others to get ahead :P

• Like 3

Spoiler
On 5/17/2017 at 0:41 PM, Arium said:

you do regenerate 8 hours of fatigue if you are offline for 24 hours. yes.

the problem that i described is that if you log out with 0 minutes of fatigue left and log back in 2 days later, you will still only get 8 hours of fatigue. that is the limit to how much you can regenerate in a single offline session.

the other problem i described is that Finnn is wrong in his believes that fatigue is regenerated once every 3 hours regardless of wether you are online or not.

when you go offline your character stops doing everything at all. completely. there is no schedule on how to handle offline players.

the fatigue is only regenerated once you log back in. 1 hour for every FULL 3 hours that you were offline.

so lets imagine you log out right after a fatigue tick (the you feel rested message).

if you were offline for 3 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 4 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. logging in now will result in the timer being reset to 0 and you loosing 1 hour of the timer ticking down since the game does not handle overflow over the last tick. it only reacts to full timers.

if you were offline for 5 hours you get 1 hour of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 5 hours 45 minutes you get 1 hour of fatigue. the other 2 hours 45 minutes are lost.

i hope this explains it a bit better.

That makes no sense... you get fatigue no matter if you are online or not... there's no reason for have a limit of 8 hours per 24hours of offline time...(other than the math behind it)

wt* is happening here... how did you come up with this, it's so random...

the fatigue is only regenerated once you log back in. 1 hour for every FULL 3 hours that you were offline

What?? That's NONSENSE

Who and what backs this?

--edit

Do you even read your own text.. it's contradicting.. you start with 8hours of fatigue recovered in 24hours, than you get to a random conclusion that no matter how much you sleep - you only get 1 hour, everything else is lost.

Edited by Finnn

It's literally in the code, it's demonstrably true and easy to confirm by any staff member with access or player who can understand Java and has the WU Server.Jar

There's nothing random about it, being upset that it proves you wrong doesn't make it random, nonsense or anything but what it is.

• Like 5

Spoiler
On 5/17/2017 at 2:50 PM, Nadroj said:

It's literally in the code, it's demonstrably true and easy to confirm by any staff member with access or player who can understand Java and has the WU Server.Jar

There's nothing random about it, being upset that it proves you wrong doesn't make it random, nonsense or anything but what it is.

Still nonsense... I've been grinding a lot at times.. and I did regain stamina and sleep bonus offline.. more than the 2-3hours overnight, how do you explain that? I might be bad.. but not that bad with math to not notice that long time ago.

If there is such a thing.. it's recent change. Which I still doubt.. a lot more people were to raise their pitchforks, do you agree?

Edited by Finnn

Once again, for the nth time in this thread...Finnn declares anything that conflicts with his opinion as nonsense. I'll pass on trying to debate with a person like that and leave the truth to speak for itself.

• Like 6

Spoiler

How do you explain my normal fatigue regeneration as intended than?

Edited by Finnn

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

What?? That's NONSENSE

Who and what backs this?

--edit

Do you even read your own text.. it's contradicting.. you start with 8hours of fatigue recovered in 24hours, than you get to a random conclusion that no matter how much you sleep - you only get 1 hour, everything else is lost.

you need to read it again.

also you want prove outside the WU code?

go check your logs. go back however far you want to.

look for the "you feel rested" text. you will see that every day has different timestamps and they will never be the same or fit into the same exact 3 hours scheme because it does not exist.

edit:

and just for Finnn i will continue said list from above up until 48 hours after login since he does not seem to comprehend the mentioned pattern. i dont even know why i am doing this to myself.

Spoiler

if you were offline for 6 hours you get 2 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 7 hours you get 2 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 8 hours you get 2 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 9 hours you get 3 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 10 hours you get 3 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 11 hours you get 3 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 12 hours you get 4 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 13 hours you get 4 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 14 hours you get 4 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 15 hours you get 5 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 16 hours you get 5 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 17 hours you get 5 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 18 hours you get 6 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 19 hours you get 6 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 20 hours you get 6 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 21 hours you get 7 hours of fatigue. nothing else happens.

if you were offline for 22 hours you get 7 hours of fatigue. the other 1 hour is lost.

if you were offline for 23 hours you get 7 hours of fatigue. the other 2 hours are lost.

if you were offline for 24 hours you get 8 hour of fatigue. nothing else happens.

you now have a grand total of 8 hours.

if you were offline for 27 hours you get 8 hours of fatigue.

the same for 30, 33, 36, 39, 42, 45, 48 and for every amount of fatigue refresh ticks greater than or equal to 8.

because wurm only repeats this cycle for the smaller number of either the amount of times your fatigue refreshed or 8.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 6

Arguing with Finnn is a waste of time, man. If it doesnt fall into their self constructed logic, it makes no sense. Their logic trumps any solid evidence you can possibly find in the code, or from extensive experience and research.

For the record, I have accompanied Arium for hours on end as he grinds up digging. If someone knows about fatigue, is this man.

• Like 4

Spoiler

D:\Games\wurm\players\Finn\logs>grep -i "logging\|feel rested\|you start to go t
o sleep\|you have.*left" _Event.* > d:\fatigue.txt

Only the first 200 lines from the link below..

Spoiler

_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-03
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:54:01] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[00:54:00] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[03:52:28] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-04
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:27:51] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:46:53] You have 5 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:46:56] You have 5 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:46:57] You have 5 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:46:57] You have 5 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:49:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:49:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-05
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:01:12] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:00:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:00:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[00:00:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-06
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:16:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[11:16:25] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[14:42:38] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[17:42:37] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:14:43] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-07
_Event.2015-04.txt:[05:28:45] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:28:42] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[11:28:44] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[14:28:44] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[17:28:44] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[19:24:05] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-08
_Event.2015-04.txt:[06:14:36] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:14:31] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:14:32] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:14:32] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:38:18] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:14:33] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-09
_Event.2015-04.txt:[05:08:28] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:08:25] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[11:08:26] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[14:08:24] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[17:08:25] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-09
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:08:25] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:30:44] You have 5 hours left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[23:08:26] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[00:43:37] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-10
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:12:59] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-10
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:13:48] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:13:46] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:13:47] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-11
_Event.2015-04.txt:[07:44:51] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:44:46] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-11
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:44:46] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:44:46] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-12
_Event.2015-04.txt:[04:25:01] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[07:24:58] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:24:58] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:24:59] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-12
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:24:59] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[19:25:00] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-13
_Event.2015-04.txt:[06:54:52] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:54:47] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:08:57] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:08:54] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:08:55] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-14
_Event.2015-04.txt:[07:09:51] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:09:44] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:09:44] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:09:45] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[22:32:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[01:32:27] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[04:32:27] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[05:12:42] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-15
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:25:54] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:25:09] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:25:10] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-15
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:58:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[23:58:05] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[02:58:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[03:45:57] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-16
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:20:10] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-16
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:20:32] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:20:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:20:14] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-17
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:33:33] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[11:33:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[14:33:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[17:33:30] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:33:31] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[20:44:29] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[23:33:32] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[01:27:05] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-18
_Event.2015-04.txt:[03:05:38] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[06:05:33] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[09:05:34] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:22:41] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:22:38] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:22:37] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:22:37] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[00:22:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[01:13:41] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-19
_Event.2015-04.txt:[08:48:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[11:48:26] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:25:06] You start to go to sleep.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-20
_Event.2015-04.txt:[02:45:12] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[05:45:09] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:04:42] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[22:34:01] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-21
_Event.2015-04.txt:[22:05:33] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-22
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:58:28] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-22
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-23
_Event.2015-04.txt:[02:32:32] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-23
_Event.2015-04.txt:[12:41:48] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-24
_Event.2015-04.txt:[01:08:05] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-25
_Event.2015-04.txt:[01:06:55] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:53:45] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-26
_Event.2015-04.txt:[14:35:18] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-27
_Event.2015-04.txt:[04:09:03] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[07:08:59] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:09:00] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-28
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:07:46] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-29
_Event.2015-04.txt:[22:20:17] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-30
_Event.2015-04.txt:[02:32:26] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-30
_Event.2015-04.txt:[10:58:19] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-01
_Event.2015-05.txt:[01:03:16] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-01
_Event.2015-05.txt:[14:38:13] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:[17:38:10] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-03
_Event.2015-05.txt:[12:28:47] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-04
_Event.2015-05.txt:[15:41:17] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-05
_Event.2015-05.txt:[02:28:48] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-05.txt:Logging started 2015-05-07

https://pastebin.com/raw/WdG6Wd01

On purpose.. looking trough all logs and showing start of log(logging time/day), can't make it simpler than this to show you how wrong you are, maybe you want me to color it?

From what I read above... it's happening every 3 hours.

---edit

replaced the link with new one with extra info for going to sleep and my /fatigue check's outputs
--edit2 image update...
9c99f86669974fba8ddb89f2120c609e.png
works as intended? yess

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Arium said:

you need to read it again.

also you want prove outside the WU code?

go check your logs. go back however far you want to.

look for the "you feel rested" text. you will see that every day has different timestamps and they will never be the same or fit into the same exact 3 hours scheme because it does not exist.

It may not work as people thought but that still doesn't necessarily mean it's broken though.  Wouldn't be the first time a long held belief turns out to be a myth.  Just saying.

Are you allowed to post the code snippet, maybe in spoiler tag + code tag?  Would be interesting to look at.  Don't post it unless you're absolutely sure it's ok though, I can try to maybe go dig for it at some point.

@Finnn No doubt you regen over night!  I think what Arium is pointing out is that the 3-hour regeneration timer resets when you log in (and perhaps out as well?).

• you get the 2 hours you had accrued at 6 hours.
    • you would expect another hour 30 minutes after logging in right?  That's another 3 hours since your last tick... right?
      • Apparently not!
      • If I understand Arium, when you log in --> the system checks how many hours you've been out.
        • say, 8.5 hours
        • So, it says 8.5hours @ 1hourFatigue per 3 hours out = 8.5/3 = 2.83 hours fatigue gained...
        • BUT it doesn't count the 0.83 part.  It only registers 2 hours.  Any number of reasons it might do this.
      • It now starts counting your fatigue time while you're online from the time you logged in.
        • 3 hours later, you feel rested.

It would seem the trouble is there is no variable passing between counting offline hours and online hours to "maintain state?"

Granted, this may be by design because you don't get partial credit for time out.  Dunno.

34 minutes ago, Finnn said:

grep -i "logging\|feel rested" _Event.* > \fatigueIsOk.txt

Reveal hidden contents

_Event.2015-04.txt:Logging started 2015-04-03
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:54:01] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[13:49:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[16:49:06] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[15:01:12] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[18:00:39] You feel rested.
_Event.2015-04.txt:[21:00:39] You feel rested.
{SNIP}

https://pastebin.com/raw/wnS8vakq

On purpose.. looking trough all logs and showing start of log(logging time/day), can't make it simpler than this to show you how wrong you are, maybe you want me to color it?

From what I read above... it's happening every 3 hours.

Again though, you're looking at the counter when logged in.  Yes, no issue there.  Arium is talking about what happens at the transition between log out and log in...

Does that make any sense?  Am I understanding all this correctly, and if so, am I explaining it correctly? :huh:

ps.  I'll look at that log more closely, was just about finished typing all this out when I saw your post :)  Somehow this seems so much more important than the work I actually SHOULD be doing :lol:

EDIT:::

ok, have a look at this:

You get a "rested tick" at 00:54am.  Wouldn't you expect a "rested tick" at 9:54am?

Instead, you get it at 9:27am.

Based on what Arium says, I would surmise you logged in at 6:27am that day, and 3 hours later, you got a "rested tick"

Make sense?

Edited by Reylaark
Procrastination

Finn is one of those people who insist the sky is red and no matter how many shades of blue it really is, it is still red and you are wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

You log out at 00:54am.  Wouldn't you expect a "rested tick" at 9:54am?

Instead, you get it at 9:27am.

Based on what Arium says, I would surmise you logged in at 6:27am that day, and 3 hours later, you got a "rested tick"

the tick at 9:27am is actually his first tick of the day as every login comes with a rested message a few seconds later once the connection and loading procedures are completed, which is the refresh tick for all the time you have been offline.

other than that yes, you understood it right.

• Like 1