Sign in to follow this  
Pardigan

Fatigue system needs to be looked at

@bdew a good find. This is why building ships in wu with low skill eats up fatigue in no time then - short timers, plus many fails.

Lot of  fails will cause the same - maybe a bit slower though -in WO.

24 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

You are able to spam 1 sec actions constantly by 4 hours? ok

Try to build a high diff many parts item with low skill or low ql parts. Like big ships, epic structures etc. Or tapestries for mission  like I did with my nonexistant CT last week  :) You get   lot of instafails and based on bdew's datamining all will cause a fatigue tick.

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

and only 5-10 people(same names) feel the need for a change

And only 1 person (same name) trolling everybody both here and in the suggestion thread.

3 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Try to build a high diff many parts item with low skill or low ql parts. Like big ships, epic structures etc. Or tapestries for mission  like I did with my nonexistant CT last week  :) You get   lot of instafails and based on bdew's datamining all will cause a fatigue tick.

I tried many times and never get any problems with fatigue, BUT, I got rather good skill levels and did not spammed actions constantly, by hours, like some people suggest.

So low skills couse character to be tired sooner? Seems logical In my opinion.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jaz said:

This is why building ships in wu with low skill eats up fatigue in no time then - short timers, plus many fails.

That's exactly what i thought. When i was building a caravel in WO with 60 SHB i had sooooo maaaany actions fail right away at the start... I wasn't really looking at fatigue then, but i'm sure i was very close to running out.

3 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

So low skills couse character to be tired sooner? Seems logical In my opinion.

I'm fine with that as well now that I know that I need to watch out for it 

• Like 1

i would consider 35-40% extra fatigue used for a top of the line character on very fast actions quite a lot actually.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 1

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler
On 4/27/2017 at 2:13 PM, zigozag said:

And only 1 person (same name) trolling everybody both here and in the suggestion thread.

Am I trolling zig? What are you doing, how often, and do you have to do that, that often? You refuse to explain how you reach to that same 0 fatigue over and over and over... and I am the one trolling? I gave you several reasons why that mechanic is in place there and why it shouldn't be removed or changed, you just look the other way and keep demanding a change favoring.... certain kind of 'playing'.

Who is trolling here?<_<

@JazWe knew about shipbuilding, @bdewkind of only gone sciencY on us.. explaining it in detail.. 1sec at start of the action is ok-ish.. unless somebody thinks that 1sec slapped to every action's start is getting them robbed of precious work time.:o Anyway.. we knew that adding parts could fail any time during the action which is driving many sbuilders nuts... at their low levels :); that's also ok.. everyone who understands what they are doing wrong.. skills up improving boats/parts to get the skill.. and than works on their project failing a lot less(high ql parts usually help a lot..) 

On 4/27/2017 at 4:42 PM, Arium said:

i would consider 35-40% extra fatigue used for a top of the line character on very fast actions quite a lot actually.

I'd imagine that a small % of the players ever get to experience the fun of 3sec timer tools/actions.

And if *someone* could do it's work faster, how does that work grow exponentially to the point where the person still depletes fatigue?:blink:

We are not talking about skilling efficiently, or having work we want done, a normal player* wouldn't rage at game mechanic.. but work with/around it.. waiting on fatigue to recover.

* actually gamers do not know what they want

Players are getting too impatient to get on top, are you guys that desperate to grind to 100, get bored and quit?

Because that is what happens in every game.. you get to best gear or dungeon, whatever goal/achievement you're after.. and than you have nothing to fight, no challenge to beat, and the only thing left for you is boredom.

Edited by Finnn

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

unless somebody thinks that 1sec slapped to every action's start is getting them robbed of precious work time.

But it is robbing them. On a 3-4 second action (which is very common in WO for high-end characters) that second is 20-25%. It's a very significant number.

Edited by bdew

19 hours ago, Wonka said:

It would be interesting to have some official indication of what exactly fatigue is supposed to accomplish.  So far, all there's been here is a bunch of player speculation, then argument about that speculation.  Retrograde / Budda / Keenan / anyone else official, feel free to chime in here...

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2014 at 1:16 AM, Rolf said:

Our fatigue system is in place so that bots can't outplay humans and we have situations where you gain no skill if you act like a bot. Apart from our manual detection systems performed by the GM's we have a couple of others in place.

• Like 3

Ah, thanks for that.  So it seems that fatigue is purely an anti-macro measure, and has nothing to do with forcing players to take a break.

13 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Ah, thanks for that.  So it seems that fatigue is purely an anti-macro measure, and has nothing to do with forcing players to take a break.

well tbh Rolf (Notch too iirc) made the "TAKE A BREAK" comment(s) around 2007 or so.

Even the archives on this current forums from past forums... doesn't go quite that far back.

• Like 2

There seems to be a lot of opinion from people who never hit the fatigue wall.  Let me make this simple.  Fatigue cap is a game breaking problem.  Just because you do not hit a game breaking problem does not mean it's not an issue.  For example, I've been lucky and never died because of the embark bug.  But just because that game breaking problem has never been an issue for me does not mean I support it's existence.   Same thing with fatigue, just because you've never hit this problem is no reason for you to support it's existence. 

• Like 1

Bugs and intended mechanics are vastly different, I understand the desire to see this mechanic changed but comparing the two is apples and oranges.

Obviously the fatigue system is frustrating for those who hit it, but in its inception and integration it was an intended mechanic. There are plenty of mechanics that could do with a review and if necessary, improving. This is just another one of those systems.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Bugs and intended mechanics are vastly different, I understand the desire to see this mechanic changed but comparing the two is apples and oranges.

Apples and oranges are both fruits.   In this case it's comparing rotten fruit to another rotten fruit.   That apples and oranges metaphor always sucked.   Sure the embark bug wasn't intended, but you really expect me to believe that the anti- macro system was intended to be a problem legit players would face? 

23 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Obviously the fatigue system is frustrating for those who hit it, but in its inception and integration it was an intended mechanic. There are plenty of mechanics that could do with a review and if necessary, improving. This is just another one of those systems.

And when exactly does the dev team plan to get around to that?  Is that before or after pink unicorns?

5 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Apples and oranges are both fruits.   In this case it's comparing rotten fruit to another rotten fruit.   That apples and oranges metaphor always sucked.   Sure the embark bug wasn't intended, but you really expect me to believe that the anti- macro system was intended to be a problem legit players would face? 

And when exactly does the dev team plan to get around to that?  Is that before or after pink unicorns?

we're getting pink unicorns?

• Like 2

I think the real issue here is that we don't have pink unicorns 

• Like 3

Some of my posts in this and other topics were censored/or trimmed/ by mods without any indication for that, I do not stand behind the remaining words.
I'll politely ask you to skip this post and not read it, as whatever words and thought have been spared are not what I had to say.

Spoiler
On 5/1/2017 at 7:00 AM, Toolhead said:

I think the real issue here is that we don't have pink unicorns 

Indeed Wurm needs pink unicorns.B)

Edited by Finnn

4 hours ago, SmeJack said:

We used to have pink unicorns :(

Some of us still do...

.eJwNx0sOgyAUAMC7cID3A4R4G6IEbaQQeKYL07u

Q5R1Rts.jpg
  • Like 4

oh lordy, pastel unicorns!

Forget fatigue, we need those! PLEEEEEEEEASE!

6 minutes ago, Zerocool said:

But if they "fixed" it, you would have to go find yet another topic to complain about! I don't think you have covered this one well enough yet. The world seems to still be spinning around people who have seen the sun lately.

If they fix the fatigue system I'll go back to the annoying new cooking system.  Fatigue and annoying new micromanage cooking get addressed and I'll be out of things to complain about. 
Well, out of things I've been told I can't bring up. :)

The biggest reason I'm playing WU at the moment is I can use the no-fatigue mod.

I played WO for years (7+?) on my main, I never once hit fatigue (in the early days I did hit the pop-up question checker thingy maybe 3 times) and after Xanadu came out and tore up my village population who mostly quit, I quit. I've attempted several times to 'start fresh' and give WO another go and every single time I've quit having hit fatigue in the first day or two, it's frustrating. A number of players on my server have had chats about returning to WO as a group and giving it another go, but every time the answer is the same "Let's not... Fatigue system...".