Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Chaos map reset

chaos map reset  

109 members have voted

1. 1. chaos map reset

getting real boring now, most people seem to mention a reset.

not really any new places to discover or build on considering the places currently existing have most of the work done already and most are already situated in the best spot for the area.

too stagnant, nobody going to make an attempt on anyones major deeds because of time already invested

figured id make a poll, have fun memers

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 5

Have voted yes on all of those votes, so gonna stay on it. Should have happend a while ago tbh.

• Like 2

Needs to happen along with a epic merge.

Only way to give wurm PvP new life and actual growth for once.

• Like 17

Instead of just a plain reset, it'd be cool to see some sort of scenario carried out to trigger a reset, like a major raid and drain on a specific deed or adding in something where you have to destroy the WL and BL at the same time that then spawns some sort of unique that has to be killed and then a reset happens.

Or something along those lines, like a 'final boss' for chaos.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Needs to happen along with a epic merge.

Only way to give wurm PvP new life and actual growth for once.

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

*an

• Like 1

Chaos reset = goodie

Chaos reset with epics nobuildzone @ hota = Great

Chaos reset with epics nobuildzone @ hota + epic merge = Awesome

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

Hrm seems a shame throwing away the oldest active map in Wurm.

Not to mention there seems to be little benefit for the amount of work required.

Now Id go more for a new server attached to the cluster; though, personally haven't really even explored the pve servers aside from business trips.

• Like 2

I do think this current Chaos map should certainly be archived, without question. As Klaa pointed out its the oldest map still going since 2007 and its got a ton of history in it. I bet if it were placed into a 'freeze' of sorts where it can't be altered anymore,  and PvE players who never got to see it could come over and explore the oldest map in wurm. Visit battle sites and famous deeds etc. Obviously there would be no PvP, it'd be like a museum server used only for exploring and hunting.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Madt said:

I do think this current Chaos map should certainly be archived, without question. As Klaa pointed out its the oldest map still going since 2007 and its got a ton of history in it. I bet if it were placed into a 'freeze' of sorts where it can't be altered anymore,  and PvE players who never got to see it could come over and explore the oldest map in wurm. Visit battle sites and famous deeds etc. Obviously there would be no PvP, it'd be like a museum server.

+1 for this. How Chaos reset will help to pvp? Same as Elevation reset?  If that will be new server yes, why not, but leave old Chaos as it is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, valodis said:

+1 for this. How Chaos reset will help to pvp? Same as Elevation reset?  If that will be new server yes, why not, but leave old Chaos as it is.

15 minutes ago, Madt said:

I do think this current Chaos map should certainly be archived, without question. As Klaa pointed out its the oldest map still going since 2007 and its got a ton of history in it. I bet if it were placed into a 'freeze' of sorts where it can't be altered anymore,  and PvE players who never got to see it could come over and explore the oldest map in wurm. Visit battle sites and famous deeds etc. Obviously there would be no PvP, it'd be like a museum server used only for exploring and hunting.

23 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Hrm seems a shame throwing away the oldest active map in Wurm.

Not to mention there seems to be little benefit for the amount of work required.

Now Id go more for a new server attached to the cluster; though, personally haven't really even explored the pve servers aside from business trips.

+1 to all this

• Like 2

Wast unsettled lands for the new and old kingdoms to explore, occupy and fight for.

A great oppurtunity for the newer PMKs to gain their own dominance and lands.

Sounds fun.

can we have the random hidden chests too? loved that feature and gave people incentive to leave their deeds to roam the lands and explore

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

sounds like a good way for budda to start off on the right foot

• Like 4

The mindset of the suggestion ? Trollish, to put it mildly.   I bet most of the people for this come from the epic cluster.

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

call the new map triggerland

huge -1

19 minutes ago, Rathgar said:

The mindset of the suggestion ? Trollish, to put it mildly.   I bet most of the people for this come from the epic cluster.

I see members (ex-epic and non ex-epic) of all the 3 major kingdoms voting yes. (i dont know whos in the new one down south)

It's a serious suggestion, so what makes you believe its trolling? (except the joke about triggerland)

Edited by Zekezor

For the 1 existing and future "Well if the epic reset failed why do this" you obviously where not there for the reset.

For months and months after the release we had more players on 1 pvp server than wurm has seen in years.

We than had months and months(~10 months) of absolutely no developer response/work/anything period to the waves of feedback coming from all these new users and old users who wanted things like a sotg nerf so these newer players where not considered second rate pvp citizens(which they still pretty much are the change didn't fix anything just made it a little less worse). 

Changes did come, when we where back down to 25 people on the epic cluster(and even then single line comment fixes that where talked about by staff took a month to implement and only got implemented after people posted on every news post for a month complaining about how easy it is and how you still have not done it even thought you said you planned to) to little to later to keep the absolutely massive wave of returning and new players you basically told to freak off after the reset.

So yes the epic reset failed, but if I had to put my finger on the root cause it defiantly had something(probably not if you ask them tho who needs balance updates when your pvp server gets popular again right? lol) to do with ignoring your paying customers for 10+ months after you managed to attract some back and some new players. Only to show them your true colors once again by ignoring the issues, and taking bloody ages to implement any fixes to them.

• Like 4

Server:

I'd say yes and no. Keep chaos as PvE server, that way rolf doesn't completely lose all the money he gets from deeds. (good amount of revenue, I suppose). Keep the variel mobs to make it hardcore PvE, then make a new map bigger than chaos/inde, but smaller than xanadu, something like a 24x24, or 20x20. Only people that have been on chaos, some type of forum check can vote, and vote on a new map of our choosing. Win win for everyone. We keep our hard work, and allow freedomers to explore what chaos was like, and we get a new pvp server. 

If people want a merge:

Get some hardcore devs, reverse engineer the epic code to allow them to put in an epic skills char, and have it pop out all the skills of a freedom account would have. Since it can't be just cut in half, it will take a bit of computational know-how, and a player joining the game that has been on epic, will get a pop up window with two sets of skills, the new epic-freedom conversion skills, and previous freedom skills (if any), then they will choose one skill set with are you sure message. Then that will be your skills for the rest of the game. 

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 4

+1 and -1

A reset would be good but it's 2early

Get new major pvp changes in first before a reset so there's no trouble and issues popping up after a reset has already been done

Retrograde mentioned that pvp changes would come in three stages back when he discussed everything with every kingdom

First stage was all the quick changes that we recently got

Second stage was something that would be worked on for longer and have a bigger affect on pvp

Third stage was basically longterm changes that would change core mechanics and ######

I remember it being discussed that for third stage there would likely have to be a map reset due to major changes etc

I don't think i've seen these stages be mentioned at all since the kingdom discussion so maybe it was dropped or something but still, i'd much rather get major changes in before a reset

5 minutes ago, polarbear said:

I'd say yes and no. Keep chaos as PvE server, that way rolf doesn't completely lose all the money he gets from deeds. (good amount of revenue, I suppose). Keep the variel mobs to make it hardcore PvE, then make a new map bigger than chaos/inde, but smaller than xanadu, something like a 24x24, or 20x20. Only people that have been on chaos, some type of forum check can vote, and vote on a new map of our choosing. Win win for everyone. We keep our hard work, and allow freedomers to explore what chaos was like, and we get a new pvp server. 

was about to suggest the same thing.

• Like 1

+1 as usual.

Also, reinstate tower chaining,. It was more fun. :)

And maybe put fortifications in useful spots now - even around HoTA could work so the no build zone is increased even more.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Worksock said:

+1 and -1

A reset would be good but it's 2early

Get new major pvp changes in first before a reset so there's no trouble and issues popping up after a reset has already been done

Retrograde mentioned that pvp changes would come in three stages back when he discussed everything with every kingdom

First stage was all the quick changes that we recently got

Second stage was something that would be worked on for longer and have a bigger affect on pvp

Third stage was basically longterm changes that would change core mechanics and ######

I remember it being discussed that for third stage there would likely have to be a map reset due to major changes etc

I don't think i've seen these stages be mentioned at all since the kingdom discussion so maybe it was dropped or something but still, i'd much rather get major changes in before a reset

Bro i hate to break it to ya, but the upcomming road map after patch 1.3 was posted.

PVP is not a part of it.

On 2016-10-05 at 11:11 AM, Budda said:

This brings us to November, and the next series of projects after the cooking update is finished and live. Most of these have been started on in some form already, but will be the main focus for the months following the cooking update:

• In-Game UI Overhaul
  • Tutorial Revamp
  • New Web Based Account System
  • Updated Web Shop

These projects are massive undertakings in themselves, and we will all be working on bringing these long desired systems and updates into the game, with the aim of these projects to allow greater account control, easier play ingame, and a more informative and engaging tutorial.

The meditation revamp mentioned all the way back when SOTG was modified is not a part of it either.

19 minutes ago, polarbear said:

make a new map bigger than chaos/inde, but smaller than xanadu, something like a 24x24, or 20x20.

Big maps without a big enough population to support it isn't good for pvp. Travel becomes a too big obstacle and people end up chilling on deed. Current chaos size is plentifull.

Edited by Zekezor

Just now, Zekezor said:

Bro i hate to break it to ya, but the upcomming road map after patch 1.3 was posted.

PVP is not a part of it.

ye ofc this will never happen

I don't see much point in resetting the map if it'll just turn into the same cancer that current chaos is

2 minutes ago, Worksock said:

I don't see much point in resetting the map if it'll just turn into the same cancer that current chaos is

worth a shot, even if it just fun for a few months.

3 minutes ago, Worksock said:

12 months of cancerfree chaos is still 12 months of cancerfree chaos.

Even if it turns into same old over time, its still worth it.

• Like 2