Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Forest Giant - Today (location updated)

Even with being the only member of the deed, I trust the settings work pretty good, what I don't trust is the odd person that shows up who knows how to exploit and use that to his advantage to snatch a corpse. When you have that many in local the server lag makes these exploits more possible.

If a GM had told me hey, open your gate I will watch the event and if someone grabs the corpse that should not be able to I will ensure the problem is dealt with immediately. I would then had no problem letting anyone in who wanted in on the kill.

There is of course the problem that does occur when you get too many fighters on a single unique and low fight skill players could make things complicated if the ones who have the fs to kill can't get a hit on it.

Just to clarify my point: I have zero issues about how a fight is owned and organized, it is always up to the deed holder of course and also a great thing to give the opportunity to snatch a useful blood if it were the intention of someone showing up (not mine these days so the alts were left to rest at home).

My only concern been I felt mislead by the wording of the post (private loot =/= private fight for my logic). Quite sure I would not travel over to be a cheerleader only (I'm too ugly anyway to be an effective one).

That is the topping on the cake only when the response was just arrogance where a "sorry that you could misunderstand the wording" could work as well but I suppose fighters are not PR staff...

On the other hand if there is a bug allowing picking up loot on a secured deed it is one that should be addressed with priority as it is going to kill community events, I hope it is already on the radar of the devs.

• Like 1

I fully agree with Jaz on this one

private loot only handles what happens with the loot and gives no suggestion on the fight itself (but can be seen as a public fight, because it is announced as such)

private fight only handles what happens during the fight and gives no suggestion on the loot (but considering no one is even allowed to hit it, why would you allow loot to be split among participants)

Yet the far bigger issue here is the possibility of someone stealing a tome from a corpse even if the deed has absolutely zero rights for non-citizens

Request to staff - please forward this info directly to devs for testing AND also requesting a resolution on this ASAP, because wurm is a community game and if community events cannot be done reliably anymore we need to know immediately

• Like 3

Well I had fun (beyond melting my computer *cries*) Only had 10 accounts in local at the time of the slaying, so I don't know what anyone is complaining about!

sorry for the way I spoke Jaz, was just a little miffed by some of the things that were said on pristine 

it does suck though that we can not have open slayings with the way the mechanics work, and tuga opened a good post in the bug section of the forums

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:56 AM, JakeRivers said:

It must of been close to 150 in local, which makes for a tough time keeping wurm up and running, but seemed like quite a few people had fun doing spars and poking fun at jukimo for sleeping in while we waited for him to meander through pristine.

Its a Dev conspiracy to illicitly run stress tests!

On 15.11.2016 at 4:19 PM, Klaa said:

Its a Dev conspiracy to illicitly run stress tests!

:ph34r: