Sign in to follow this  
Tauceti

Is an admin able to delete all my accounts?

I need all my accounts deleted and I was wondering if this is possible. They're not worth anything selling so I was wondering if I can get them deleted.

Well I've tried getting into this game like 5 times now but whenever I play it I just have sessions of 20 mins of actual play then I die and spend over 9 hours looking for my corpse and then repeat

Causes me to spend a countless amount of time and money and never actually get anywhere, but I still hold onto the thought that I will actually get somewhere.

Game is sucking the soul out of me and I just feel like tearing my hair out every time I play it so I just really need to cut off all ties to it so I don't come back.

• Like 1

so don't wonder the map you can fix your own problem you're in a kingdom that can help you

We've all been there, Tauceti.

Occasionally its the appeal of the game for some; though, even then it can be frustrating at times. Semi-fond memories over pounding my desk and cursing after being ninja-ganked by OP'ed spiders for the millionth time, back in the day.

Personally I advise giving it some time as you may find yourself enjoying the overall game; though, Wurm is really a bit of a niche game that's just not for everyone.

Far as your question goes, account deletion is not a normal request, and there's not even a selectable option for it anywhere for regular users. Rolf certainly could and some Devs might be able to; however, they may not feel its worth the time and trouble. Still never hurts to ask, especially if you find yourself dealing with some major addiction issues.

Offhand perhaps the Head GM; though, I seriously doubt it. Regular GMs afaik do not have that ability.

Overall if the account has ever had premium (even once) then it will remain forever according to old statements by Rolf, and I have seen this firsthand with some of my own over the years. A Basic account is deleted after 6 months of inactivity I believe it still is?

• Like 2

Sure they can, but chances are they probably wont, if the account was never premium it's already been deleted if it hasn't logged in for awhile.

If you want to quit, I recommend removing java from your computer and uninstalling. Firewall block this website. Should fix the issue.

If an admin doesn't want to delete my accounts but they are able to I will pay them 20 euros to delete them for me.

• Like 1

While bribery is a nice thought and seems like it would make some cents, I'm afraid that's not quite how things work at all

Once premium accounts do not get deleted.  If you're worried about the passwords or emails being found in some form of potential hack or otherwise, can just change them to something fake or that you never use

and really big fake passwords.

in-game, type /password (current) (new).  You get a "server name OK" message if it works.  I advise opening a PM to yourself and typing it in there, just in case you forget the / or something and broadcast your password in open chat.

dont delete the Java..other programs need it to run. Just uninstall the game if its that bad...Most of the bad experience is lack of experience, this can be a game of frustration for a new player. Worst case scenerio...if you get the desire to come back YOU WILL... deleting accounts won't help you curve the hunger for this game...good game play will. Ask other players for help..this is one of the few games that people REALLY matter and add to game play.

If the issue is that you are dying a lot in game and losing stuff all the time then there are solutions for that:

You could join a village, or you can create your own deed for 1s of monthly upkeep. Whenever you leave that deed only take no-drop items and what you can afford to lose. This way if you die you don't need to look for your corpse and you will respawn on the deed, where all your important stuff is safe and sound. If it's your own deed then you could add a guard to it, which can kill plenty of dangerous creatues before they kill you.

You can use /password (current) (new) to change your password to something you don't know. Just bash some buttons on your keyboard so you have no idea what the new password is.

If the issue is self restraint and you believe that changing the password won't do the trick (as you can easily reset it and regain access to your accounts) then you could go a step further:

- make a new e-mail adress

- add an account for that address

- transfer over all your other accounts to that address

- change the password to all your accounts to something unknown

- change the password of the new e-mail address to something unknown (or delete the e-mail address, if possible)

Then it will be really hard for you to ever use those accounts again, to the point where they might as well have been deleted.

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

you can play Wurm Unlimited and never die again!

check out my youtube channel for really easy tips on what to do as a new player

• Like 1

Believe he is playing on epic which is way harder on new players that don't want to PVP or don't want harder PVE content

give the account to someone else. They will change the password and poof you will not be able to use it anymore.  I am sad that you are having such a hard time, but if you were to try playing the PVE side or on WU you may find it different.  If there are other reasons that you must leave the game, then of course understandable. 

Hi Tauceti,

I completely feel for you, I was the same when I first started and I even had a few attempts. I would say join a village that can help you with food and some basic skilling after that the game gets WAY more playable for a beginner. The fact you have tried so many times mean this probably IS the game for you. However there is a difference between this and most (if not all) other games, that its hyper-realistic in you ability to get hurt and situational awareness.

Here is some ways to get started I would recommend, this is MY personal opinion mind you:

Join a village:

Join a village that has at least 1 person in it that has been playing a while. Stay close, build your basics and a house and all the great villager stuff. This will teach you the mechanics of the game and give you a safe place to gain skill where you can venture out in your own time to deal with monsters, which believe it or not become less of a problem pretty quickly.

Go it alone:

If you really want the voyage of self-discovery then I would say find somewhere fairly close to a guard tower and build some fences around a 4x4 tile area with a gate. monsters wont be able to get in there and you get a measure of security. you can then upgrade this by building a house in there which will decay slower and offer more protection.  A cave can work well too with only one way in monsters are less likely to find you and you can put a door on it.

If you are on xanadu feel free to give me a shout,I live in the south west region near Lormere. I can show you some villages that are taking on new people or some nice areas you can start without too much grief from predators.

Good luck

• Like 1

If this is who I think it is, we gave him a spot in one of our villages, complete with a fully furnished house. He still insisted on wandering the wilderness barefoot carrying everything he owned like an escaped mental patient.

• Like 7

1. Go here http://passwordsgenerator.net/ 

2. generate a random password

3. use the /changeemail command to change email to some random email

4. use the /password command to change your current parssword to the generated one

5. DON'T save the new password

6. Log out (bye!)

Edited by faty

Just work on your deed man. Build a village or some cave dwellings. I don't plan on venturing out until I'm done with my deed and that's a long time from now. Even then I don't think i want to be chasing my corpse and wagon around if I die so I'm a little skeptic on dying to begin with.

Hey, give somebody your acc and tell them to change your password, you'll never get it back. same thing.
~

i think you should use village recruitment tho

Edited by Mclovin

If you don't want them, pass me info via pm. I can always use fodder

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, Tauceti said:

Game is sucking the soul out of me and I just feel like tearing my hair out every time I play it so I just really need to cut off all ties to it so I don't come back.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:52 AM, Tauceti said:

If an admin doesn't want to delete my accounts but they are able to I will pay them 20 euros to delete them for me.

Somehow I find your imagined predicament amusing in the way you have described it. As out in that other world you will have to exert your willpower to resist certain situations that you find to disturb your peace of mind. Best not to attempt to abdicate your own responsibilities really. In this respect playing Wurm might improve your character in ways you had not imagined. If not, don't play it anymore. Simple really.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Peacemaker eh? That's a new one...

*pokes with a stick at the GM*

Id like a GM to convince me to improve my diet, or else Ill never be able to eat healthy.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2016 at 8:37 AM, Czar said:

If this is who I think it is, we gave him a spot in one of our villages, complete with a fully furnished house. He still insisted on wandering the wilderness barefoot carrying everything he owned like an escaped mental patient.

Not sure exactly what you're talking about.

I stepped off the deed with the only thing of value being my armor and horse.

I was trying to train my fighting skills so I wouldn't die as much. As far as I know there's no effective way to train them without leaving the deed.

I died and lost all of my armor and horse so I spent the time to get new armor from my house and refit another horse to help retrieve my stuff.

Then I died and lost all of that as well so that's when you probably saw me walking around with nothing on.

• Like 1

Haha oh man. Sounds like my life.

Just wandering... dazed and confused, have you seen my horse? I need a horse.

Put together a dummy. Beat it with a shaft.

Repair often.

Beat trees with throw away swords.

Beat some cattle.

Beat some friends.

Go hunting.

Profit.

Use a shield as well oh damn man you dont even know.