2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I know I know, unfortunately nothing yet.

catapults and multi story housing in PvP needs to be looked at, and will probably be included as a whole thing, but that's up to the devs to decide and let me know..

OK WTF

yes i spend 8 hours to have someone drop in 1 hour whats the point... you  all looking at this wrong get people off deed not another people. into others deeds ... all it dos its people with higher number roll over smaller groups and kingdoms..(or high $ gear vs normal gear) Yes Help out the bigger(richer) kingdoms... and see people just leave wurm... (EPIC)!!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pashka said:

This means we will have all of the recipes listed now and will not have to test each meat and each pan and each well everything?

This has nothing to do with that. In fact, you can see in the screenshot that there are red, presumably unknown, recipes that can't be expanded (like pesto).

If you want to try the client side cookbook use "toggle cookbook" in the console, and yes you can bind to it.

• Like 3

Just please don't make unstable client the new stable.  Or at least give us the option to use the old stable client.  I still have too many issues with unstable client for it to become the main client of Wurm.  Get random disconnects still (worst when it happens while fighting a troll) and other weird issues.  Lots of lag when running through towns in unstable client which was fixed in stable client like 4-6 months ago.

Stating this since I remember in the news last month that unstable client was going to be stable client in next big patch.

• Like 4

Thanks, all :)

As regards creating runes, my understanding is that any follower can create any rune, but creating the ones associated with the god you follow will give you a bonus.  Retro or Budda will need to confirm that, though.

I wish we could just eliminate gods all together and let "mages" craft.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

I wish we could just eliminate gods all together and let "mages" craft.

+1

Awesome. hitting 100 fishing made my SD pretty high.  glad it will have since use finally! 

• Like 2

On 2016-11-04 at 6:48 PM, icbash said:

OK WTF

yes i spend 8 hours to have someone drop in 1 hour whats the point... you  all looking at this wrong get people off deed not another people. into others deeds ... all it dos its people with higher number roll over smaller groups and kingdoms..(or high $ gear vs normal gear) Yes Help out the bigger(richer) kingdoms... and see people just leave wurm... (EPIC)!!!

Hey Icbash if thats how you feel isnt it a better idea to bring up a suggestion with the actual problems you have?

For instance lessening the gap between the "rarer" armour types and standard armours?

Also there is a mechanic where a kingdom with far less players online comparable to the largest get a CR boost, perhaps you should suggest it scales diffrently to even the gap between large and small kingdoms and thus make it easier for smaller kingdoms to go on the offensive? :)

Overall there is simple solutions to your problems that simply involve editing numbers.

To help you out with armours, here is a reference sheet for survivability:

Spoiler

809d58dd6a.png

effective hp is hp comparable to what unarmored would be like.

potential hp is the average effective hp while considering glance rates. However since glances is RNG it could be as little as just effective hp... or theoretically (while extremely unlikely) infinite hitpoints.

Here is a excell document so you can easily edit the values and visually see changes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4137371/Wurm/Armors/Armour values.xlsx

Just be mindfull about the movement speeds of the various armours which is a big benefit in pvp.

Good luck ;)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mclovin said:

Retro, I want to build a cave dwellin on chaos, for now can you just increase the bash bonus against houses in caves [on pvp] until the ram comes? :(:(

Grats pandalet

and i wanna change tiles with transmutation liquids, noone ever gave a damn about them since their launch on freedom either. sad story.

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Message boards
Another feature coming with 1.3 is the message board system!
Ever want to leave a message for someone? Or post a request? Well with the new message board, you'll be able to leave all sorts of notices.

All you need to do is inscribe some paper or papyrus.

And then attach to the message board!

You can select whether to post messages to the whole village, to a single villager, or have them publicly available to non citizens as well!

It's that simple! The ability to post to certain groups will be limited by permissions.

It is not specified, but I very much hope that these message boards will be usable by non-citizens to post messages themselves (rather than being usable only by deed members).

My desire for this is motivated by my ongoing in-game message board, hosted at Glasshollow Market.  For over a year now, papyrus sheets and filled pens have been provided to visitors:

The new bulk sales section(deed) of the market, Fort Glasshold, is planned to contain a similar message board.  This new system will provide a reasonable way for people selling their bulk goods to provide information to buyers:   [the cell in which the goods are stored] / [the contents of the locked cell] / [the merchant that holds the cell key]

This new feature, an actual working message board, would greatly streamline this system.  Please provide permissions to allow 'anyone' to add their messages to the new board!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

Not really liking the need to create and use paper/papyrus to post messages on the new message board either. Too much additional work required makes another nice feature not worth the bother. *shrugs*

These forums are great for people to write and chat endlessly without actually playing the game.  The in-game message board will require gameplay to use.

Can u please add a single charge rune that works like a recall to your deed? disable it on pvp of course but would be very handy on pve. 

7 hours ago, Methos said:

Paper? :o

Yes you will be able to make paper using wood scrap, water and a press. Pretty nice addition too. :) 

If we're still going to be able to test the cooking stuff, can we get some more supplies? Milk of all kinds, for one. The new cookbook looks great so far!

Disapprove of rune system.  elite targeted content  that will mostly benefit them both in function and monetarily.  restrictive access to the rift resources needed to make rune. Wurm you have lost sight of what made you great, simple easily attainable things anyone can do yet few master.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, joedobo said:

restrictive access to the rift resources

Uh... restricted...?

they contineously spawn all over the servers of the game...

just go do them?

3 hours ago, Zekezor said:

Hey Icbash if thats how you feel isnt it a better idea to bring up a suggestion with the actual problems you have?

For instance lessening the gap between the "rarer" armour types and standard armours?

Also there is a mechanic where a kingdom with far less players online comparable to the largest get a CR boost, perhaps you should suggest it scales diffrently to even the gap between large and small kingdoms and thus make it easier for smaller kingdoms to go on the offensive? :)

Overall there is simple solutions to your problems that simply involve editing numbers.

To help you out with armours, here is a reference sheet for survivability:

Reveal hidden contents

809d58dd6a.png

effective hp is hp comparable to what unarmored would be like.

potential hp is the average effective hp while considering glance rates. However since glances is RNG it could be as little as just effective hp... or theoretically (while extremely unlikely) infinite hitpoints.

Here is a XML document so you can easily edit the values and visually see changes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4137371/Wurm/Armors/Armour values.xlsx

Just be mindfull about the movement speeds of the various armours which is a big benefit in pvp.

Good luck ;)

He did bring up his problem but let me reiterate for those with reading comprehension problems, with as resource intensive as building is it shouldn't be substantively easier to destroy than to build.  And honestly the build costs are fine as long as we don't see devs pay attention to people like Mclovin who is apparently looking for the title of 'Man Who Killed Two PvP Clusters'.  Let me break it down further, there is a vocal subset of the pvp community that wants pvp to apparently play like a CoD game, this simply isn't the game for that yet recent updates have catered to this mentality to the detriment of the pvp community.  To any devs who might read this consider the implementation of some kind of arena system? for these types if you want to keep them in the game but your implementation of changes recently has led to a net loss of players on the pvp servers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joedobo said:

Disapprove of rune system.  elite targeted content  that will mostly benefit them both in function and monetarily.  restrictive access to the rift resources needed to make rune. Wurm you have lost sight of what made you great, simple easily attainable things anyone can do yet few master.

End game content with mechanics worth striving for and setting as a goal is pretty much what Wurm has always been about, the biggest house, the highest quality tools, rares, supremes...

Simple easily attainable things that anyone can do is not what makes wurm great, the ability to set goals and see them come to life with time and hard work does. This system reinforces that.

21 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Uh... restricted...?

they contineously spawn all over the servers of the game...

just go do them?

It's restrictive compared to other resources.  I shouldn't be forced to spend hours traveling to a rift and then complete with others for the limited resources at a rift. 

• Like 2