Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Lanterns decay in player inventory

Lanterns in inventory DO decay when they are not used. :huh:

Could this stop for the unlit lanterns, pretty please.:rolleyes:

• Like 15

+1

it stopped bugging me the moment i began storing the lantern in the bank and rarely using it.
bit of a pity that i had to adapt in such a way.
it'd be nice if that changed.

• Like 2

+1

My lantern's useless and only lights up the tile I'm standing on, but I still don't like that it's gone down from ql90 to 78 while I've been waiting for the personal lights to be fixed.

• Like 2

+1  Its just an annoyance.  Especially when you're a priest who can't re-imp their own lantern.

• Like 3

If i recall right when i first started playing, it was a 'bug' that lanterns didn't decay, then it was fixed.  From what I understand, if the lantern is lit when you log off, it continues to be lit when you log back on, thus the reasoning behind the decay.  Don't quote me on that first part thou, but I do agree that it's stupid one day no damage, next day 6 damage.  I chalk it upto the bumping around and banging against stuff as I go thru the lands of Wurm.

8 hours ago, Stormblade said:
Spoiler

If i recall right when i first started playing, it was a 'bug' that lanterns didn't decay, then it was fixed.  From what I understand, if the lantern is lit when you log off, it continues to be lit when you log back on, thus the reasoning behind the decay.  Don't quote me on that first part thou, but I do agree that it's stupid one day no damage, next day 6 damage.  I chalk it upto the bumping around and banging against stuff as I go thru the lands of Wurm.

It does take damage even if not lit, that was the reason to start this topic.

• Like 7

Indeed it does.  I had an unlit supreme 80QL on a merchant.  Came back after a few months break and it was at 80 damage.

+1

• Like 3

Old request and still valid as being repeated since nothing has been done to remove lantern in inventory decay.

=Ayes=

• Like 4

If they were battery powered i would shoot you down so hard.

No idea how many stupid headlamps i go through. ######.

But lanterns. Ive had lanterns 20years old with gelled fuel remnants in the basement last with hardly a flake.

• Like 2

-1 as you said in your post about deed decay and how it would take away form crafters and producing final products. this would take away from blacksmiths and crafting lanterns.

so -1

On 06/11/2016 at 8:22 PM, Killroth said:

-1 as you said in your post about deed decay and how it would take away form crafters and producing final products. this would take away from blacksmiths and crafting lanterns.

so -1

no it wouldn't.
how would inventory decay on a lantern, provoke more to be made?
if it's in your inventory you're not going to watch it decay to nothing then think `oh i better buy a new one`
it's just an inconvenience that doesn't augment game mechanics in the slightest.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

On 2016-11-06 at 9:22 PM, Killroth said:

so -1

I have 99 blacksmithing - I can imp my own lanterns so I would never pay anyone else to do it. I would also never offer to imp anyone else's lantern for money because they lose QL so fast that it would be impossible to find a price for the service that was both worth my time and reasonable for the customer to pay on a regular basis. It's absolute ass to imp lanterns and it's not a one time transaction to get it imped back up.

Do I as a blacksmith want Quality of Life in the game or do I want to make money off of something that is an annoyance to everone involved? I'd have to say QoL, because the game is meant to be played for enjoyment and not used as a means of income.

• Like 12

Frustrating, I had one dissaperar when I logged in a toon I seldom use also.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

I think this is still going on.  My unlit rare lantern has 10dmg on it and I don't ever have it lit.

• Like 1

+1 this is another TLC thing i mentioned before that needs to be fixed. It is a really easy fix too - just need to add a line to check if it is snuffed before it decays as being light....

• Like 1

Oh yes!  Old problem,  but still an issue. 

+1

• Like 1

BUMP

(This thread needs a revival!)

• Like 1

I had a bronze lamp head(rare) I think that remained in inventory on alt. that gathers steady amount of decay on it's own..

Whatever rule affects the unlit lanterns in inventory.. does damage other lamp parts for some reason.