Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

make disintegrate share the same % regardless of diety

mag shouldnt have double the success chance of other gods for such a crucial spell for deed raiding

From Blayze (Sorry quote wont work)

Maths

But some of the code that was mentioned before is not exactly correct so ill explain it as clearly as I can.

The range for the random for mag is 100 - cast_power

The range for the random for non mag is 200 - (2 * cast_power)

This range is set to be 1 or grater.

The Server.rand.nextInt part refers to Java Random which the range is specified by the value you give the function (0 to (1 - input value)). If you do nextInt(1) you will always get 0 because you always have a range of 1 value (0 to 0). The chance to get a value from this function is 1/(range - 1) * 100. So if you put in 2 you will have a 50% chance to get a 0.

Now to break the wall you have to roll a 0 from the java random.

Now lets look at the chances to break a wall with some cast powers.

mag = 100% (range = 1, 100-99=1)
non mag = 50% (range = 2, 200-(99*2)=2)

mag = 2% (range = 50, 100-50=50)
non mag = 1% (range = 100, 200-(50*2)=100)

With this we can see the chance to to break the wall for non mag priests will always be half of what it is for a mag priest.

Now what does that mean for your top end accounts?

When you pragmatically test the chance of a break over 500,000 rolls with a 95 channeling, 100 alignment, 0 village faith bonus, 0 zone bonus, 0 links priest you get around the following:

Mag: 2.7% or about 37 cast to break
Non mag: 1.35% or about 74 casts to break

Each cast takes 60 seconds with a sac time of 30 seconds and you cant sac in altars on an enemy deed so lets add in 50 seconds to get to the off deed altar and back. This means that during a raid you can only get about 1 cast per 140 seconds.

Mag: 37*(140 seconds per cast) = 1.4 hours to break a wall
Non mag: 74*(140 seconds per cast) = 2.8 hours to break a wall

Now lets look at a 70 channeling priest.

Mag: 1% or about 100 cast to break
Non mag: 0.5% or about 200 casts to break

Mag: 100*(140 seconds per cast) = 3.8 hours to break a wall
Non mag: 200*20(140 seconds per cast) = 7.7 hours to break a wall

During a raid you have a 2 hour window to break a reinforced wall.

What does this mean / TLDR?

It is not probable for a non mag priest to break a single wall during a raid. Deeds now days have multiple layers of reinforced tiles meaning it will take many days and raids to break only a few tiles. People have to sleep and usually the defender gets a small time windows between raids to repair, now how long would it take to collapse and reinforce that single broken tile (hint: minutes). Not only does this greatly benefits any kingdom that can champ as mag but it also creates a unnecessary penalty to others.

• Like 6

go try to disintegrate on freedom with any other god then mag....

o wait u can't

that's why mag has a bonus.

If it gets taken away he needs something else in return.

3 hours ago, Redd said:

-1 should be a perk of being mag.

let me get this straight

Today, with common deed designs requiring the need to break through 5 or more reinforced walls to get any loot (which can be replaced and reinforced again in under five seconds), it is fair when PvP balance is considered at a 99 cast to have Magranon have a 100% chance while every other deity only gets 50%? Considering that you only have two hours per day to break through reinforced walls?

If you think this is fair and not skewed inappropriately, i'm very happy you have no official positions on any game balance or QA related team anywhere.

######, if you think the disintegrate chance for Magranon even is okay, I'd love to see you and your kingdom attempt to get a sizeable amount of loot from my deed. I'd be willing to wager 10-15 hours of disintegration if youre lucky. (with no defenders as an added bonus.)

Edited by Propheteer

46 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

let me get this straight

Today, with common deed designs requiring the need to break through 5 or more reinforced walls to get any loot (which can be replaced and reinforced again in under five seconds), it is fair when PvP balance is considered at a 99 cast to have Magranon have a 100% chance while every other deity only gets 50%? Considering that you only have two hours per day to break through reinforced walls?

If you think this is fair and not skewed inappropriately, i'm very happy you have no official positions on any game balance or QA related team anywhere.

######, if you think the disintegrate chance for Magranon even is okay, I'd love to see you and your kingdom attempt to get a sizeable amount of loot from my deed. I'd be willing to wager 10-15 hours of disintegration if youre lucky. (with no defenders as an added bonus.)

bash the mine door? Its just one way in, but not the only.

47 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

let me get this straight

+ this would make spamming with a nahjo priest way to easy, atm you either get lucky on nahjo or instead be Mag, all good in that kind of way.

i think it should be a bonus for mag only to keep players actually using the original deities

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

bash the mine door? Its just one way in, but not the only.

for an undefended deed, sure, i suppose

but not really in all scenarios, theyre easy to replace mid fight, especially so on accounst with 60+ stats/sotg/smoke/blood/champ that can't be interrupted by anything except the 5% chance you bash them with 70 shieldbashing.

(plus you can also shaker orb and reinforce, and then manually strongwall the tiles beyond it)

Edited by Propheteer

3 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

for an undefended deed, sure, i suppose

but not really in all scenarios, theyre easy to replace mid fight, especially so on accounst with 60+ stats/sotg/smoke/blood/champ that can't be interrupted by anything except the 5% chance you bash them with 70 shieldbashing.

well mid fight also does not mean you can disintegrate as you need to get the drain first. And i do agree with Mattown it should stay mag as it would make him even less useless. If its a problem then convert to Mag, its not something very hard. Also that would make Nahjo even more OP meaning just sit a Nahjo alt near an altar with veggies and easy to get disintegrate in.

1 hour ago, Propheteer said:

let me get this straight

I mean we can just go back to only mag having disintegrate, you ok with that lol? Be lucky you even have it on non mag priests.

6 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

I mean we can just go back to only mag having disintegrate, you ok with that lol? Be lucky you even have it on non mag priests.

We could also go back to not having disintegratable walls, you ok with that?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

We could also go back to not having disintegratable walls, you ok with that?

yeah sure bud

Yes we need more changes so its easier for you to raid deeds, increase log out time to a month, make disintegrate 100% success, also at same time you should have mayor bash bonus while raiding enemy deeds. Allow catapults to destroy a 3x3 tile range. Make digging down dirt walls faster.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Yes we need more changes so its easier for you to raid deeds, increase log out time to a month, make disintegrate 100% success, also at same time you should have mayor bash bonus while raiding enemy deeds. Allow catapults to destroy a 3x3 tile range. Make digging down dirt walls faster.

roll up in local and the scale/drake just falls on the floor

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Its easier for you, your history showing youve only ever raided in server downtime doesn't demonstrate to you enough that the mechanics make it harder than it needs to be?

maybe you should take an example from your quote, before you turn chaos into elevation.

I distinctly remember your group asking for elevation to be reset and now look what you are trying to do to chaos lol.

also before he changes his quote:

f3f9ddf252.png

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

maybe you should take an example from your quote, before you turn chaos into elevation.

I distinctly remember your group asking for elevation to be reset and now look what you are trying to do to chaos lol.

also before he changes his quote:

f3f9ddf252.png

Taken out of context, as people asked for the reset to bring players back (which it did), and then the players left because the developers hadn't made a single meaningful change for six months afterwards.

Edited by Propheteer

5 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Taken out of context, as people asked for the reset to bring players back (which it did), and then the players left because the developers hadn't made a single meaningful change for six months afterwards.

This.

Promise a lot and do very little = unhappy playerbase.

do you think it will be any different for chaos? I don't. Just stop while you are ahead before there is no pvp in wurm at all lol.

Edited by TradingAlt

o god I love shitposting

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 2

Even still, they'll just call Rolf..

Oh waaaaaaait..

But no, Mag 4 lyfe

Edited by Oreo

Can we just suggest getting rid of Disintegrate altogether? I mean, there wasn't even a suggestion about the addition of it, just a forwarded suggestion to Rolf sprung up by Aamanus/Christa or whoever a long time ago because he and others were upset about the GoTL raid..... :)

Oh how the tides are turned. When you were on top, you wanted access to safe vaults and wanted to make raiding easier so you could run off with more loot, but now that you're playing the defensive position, you want raiding to be harder and defending to be easier. Ok then.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

Mag doesn't have 100% chance.  As a mag champ I still cast 20+ times to disintegrate a wall.