Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

make disintegrate share the same % regardless of diety

16 hours ago, Mclovin said:

But as we said before, it takes a year to get anything done, may aswell ask for a simple change in code until a overal is done down the line.

Thats sweeping the problems under the rug.  If every issue is treated that way, all the problems will resurface eventually.  The suggestions should be made in the most optimistic and thought out way, devs can later choose what to do and what not to based on their schedule.   But limiting the ideas brought to the suggestion threads (Ive seen a trend in this) is shooting ourselves in the foot from the get go.

A couple of years of just quick patches to balance issues without planing the gods and priests aspect as  a whole, can only lead to.... I guess it can only lead to the current system, wich is not optimal, to say the least.

-1 to just a single change.

if there's an update rebalancing deities as a whole i would welcome it and accept this as a part of it, however it'd need a complete altering of the current deities bonuses.

removing the disintegrate bonus of the only old-school mountain deity without taking anything off the other priests sounds kinda silly to me.

19 hours ago, Mclovin said:

But as we said before, it takes a year to get anything done, may aswell ask for a simple change in code until a overal is done down the line.

but creating a total rebalance one tiny change at a time, just to notice afterwards that this will create another imbalance somewhere that could've been countered somewhere else but wasn't done at that time and thus reworking the system from the top again multiple times just doesnt sound like a plan that makes any kind of sense and would only end up with a patchwork system that would end up worse than it could be.

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

Thats sweeping the problems under the rug.  If every issue is treated that way, all the problems will resurface eventually.

I know, but having a plaster now is better than having no plaster at all and allow such a unfair balance remain in game. The change [which is fair to all] doesn't harm pvp for the many reasons stated and in cases like this plasters are needed until a real fix can be made. Take SOTG for example we're all actually suppose to be waiting for the over haul for meditation, when did you last hear about this? :P

making the gods generic clones

I would agree with you Klaa if we was asking for FO to have strongwall or smite or something that doesn't magically give a boost to disintergrate, a spell thats already on every priests spell list. There is no reason for a buff for 1 priest when as stated it's a vital raid tool.

Nobody from the "don't do it side" can counter this arguement in spoiler, atleast yet

Spoiler

If the argument is that it makes Magranon "less special" if the others were equally good at disintegrate, wouldn't the sole existence of Nahjo be a far bigger threat to him? Or am I missing a logic step here? And if the argument is that keeping Mag better at disintegrate would be to "promote the use of the old gods" I'm also wondering if it wouldn't also be better to promote them by having them all be equally good at wall splashing? Since we also have Fo, Libila and Vynora to consider among the old gods.

IMO it's already more money efficient to keep Nahjos instead of other plural deities since:
- 2 Vynoras, 2 Fo and 1 Magranon = 5 priests and All Vynora, Fo and Magranon spells (except serverwide ones that is)

can be replaced with

- 1 Vynora, 1 Fo, 1 Magranon and 2 Nahjo = 5 priests and All Vynora, Fo and Magranon spells

and for the most part you can eliminate at least 1 of the older gods and still have access to all the spells you actually use. So instead of keeping 5 accounts premium if you're using the 100+ favor spells you can keep 3-5 premium and probably a lot of other exciting combinations with the other gods. So is the act of making all the gods equally good at casting disintegrate really that big a problem when it comes to the god balance? The gods are already suffering from an imbalance of power and usability caused by the distribution of spells and it doesn't really feel like keeping a Mag priest for the sole purpose of casting disintegrate would fix anything. If the disintegration is the reason you have the Mag priest, wouldn't it be better to make all gods equally good at casting it and go Nahjo instead since it would probably be cheaper in the long run?

As I recall disintegrate was given to all PvP gods since it's a crucial spell when raiding and I can't say for certain that this is true since I myself don't PvP (so I apologize if some of what I said doesn't make sense from a PvP stance, but I'm geniuinely curious about this topic so please enlighten me if I've gotten something wrong here). But if it is a crucial spell - Shouldn't its functionality and usability be based on its area of application rather than the idea that all gods have to be equally special?

but creating a total rebalance one tiny change at a time

We're still waiting for dirt to drop onto the floor when digging...Do you really think they can make balance with this ###### god system? We're highlighting the inbalance within the god system and suggesting the changes "one at a time" Oh, do you want to know who suggested that heal and lof should be nerfed because it's unfair? Most of us here who are suggesting the change to 1 priest having a disintergrate bonus, the ones who were using fo champs/tosiek champs :P

And why is making 1 priest in line with the others when it comes to a vital raid tool going to make things worse for that priest or create further unbalance? I don't get it. An overall would be cool to see down the line because the priest system is basically ######. I'd be happy to see it all removed tho tbh, if it cannot be balanced.

I just have to leave this here again

Now do you think the following would be fair?

All non Fo priests would get half the power on oakshell/charm/light of fo/heal

All non Vyn priests get half of the cast power on the utility spells such as coc/woa/locate artifact.
Would these directly benefit the JK template kingdoms who can champ these priests and harm all others? Answer: yes

Edited by Mclovin

On 10/31/2016 at 3:43 PM, JakeRivers said:

No its not another kingdom suggesting it, its a small group of players, most of which are from epic suggesting it.

You ruined your lands, don't come to ours to ruin them too.

You realize that most if not all of the people have been chaos players longer than you have played this game right?

Anyways +1 remove the bonus for mag.

Make it a level playing field.

Can we get a word from the dev/PR team on this?