Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Now we're cooking!

My group of friends are trying Wurm at the moment.

They can't seem to cook and I can't really advise them.

Surely, pottery + camp fires + foraged stuff + easy to kill meat or fish should be very low difficulty?

We can't find a recipe under 20 diff yet and that has to use a frying pan, which is an iron hurdle.

Found one now:

[15:36:52] <Jenshae> Sausepan + blue berry + lingonberry + potato + oven = 8 difficulty.

The book needs a reverse search. Like I had an egg ... but then I couldn't find a recipe by searching for egg.

Edited by Jenshiye

2 hours ago, Jenshiye said:

My group of friends are trying Wurm at the moment.

They can't seem to cook and I can't really advise them.

Previous to this update I would always start my newbie guys out cooking casseroles. Use the newbie bowl, add 1 meat or fish filet and any 1 vegetable. Good for skilling up to 20.00. I can still make regular meals with 1 meat filet and any vegetable in a frying pan so I am thinking making casseroles the old way should work as well, although personally I have not tried it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Should Errors for the 1.3 update still be put here?

Recipe: pasta napolitana was what i was trying for, but used dry pasta it

Made  pasta al sugo.

No recipe for pasta al sugo is place in your cookbook.

pasta napolitana calls for simple pasta after it writes itself to your cookbook.

i do not have such a recipe. Is there one?

Perodin/Ratheden

Edited by Ratheden

After the last update, the freshly picked herbs and spices with the Fresh tag, loose the tag when chopped or ground. Is this intended?

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

Yes, once ground they no longer retain their fresh tag - was removed with this patch: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/147628-patch-notes-1dec16/

I don't think that is correct. You are refering to this:  Fixed a bug where ground fresh spices kept the ‘fresh’ in the name even when put into a bulk bin.

But they are not put into FSB. A lot of recipes do not accept unchopped herb, and spices that are not ground are useless. They should have the Fresh tag when you chop them or ground them after picking them, when they have not been in the FSB, no?

1 hour ago, Kardiwen said:

I don't think that is correct. You are refering to this:  Fixed a bug where ground fresh spices kept the ‘fresh’ in the name even when put into a bulk bin.

But they are not put into FSB. A lot of recipes do not accept unchopped herb, and spices that are not ground are useless. They should have the Fresh tag when you chop them or ground them after picking them, when they have not been in the FSB, no?

Once ground - whether they go into an fsb or not, they no longer have their fresh tag. Intended, not a bug.

• Like 1

I don't think the information on making beer is correct when you have the wrong quantities of ingredients.