Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Now we're cooking!

well hazelnuts are getting a bush in 1.3

The biggest issue is the way the server handles tile types, the game has hundreds more types than originally accounted for when it was designed, and we're hitting that upper limit set when it was originally written.

We're looking at ways to advance it, which also opened up the ability to diagonally pave any road type, but it's an ongoing thing.

• Like 4

is that possible to get 1.3 pre release, where comes ability to build all these what are needed, for future cooking, plan those herbs, etc etc, That might be usefull, if you think server  load what comes when there is environment changes

Recipe: unfermented whisky

Mandatory: water (ratio 200%)

One or more: rye

One or more: sugar

The "or"more"  part of the recipe fails, you cannot add more then 1 sugar or rye.

[20:15:30] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

It does not even ask you to remove excess rye or sugar.

Recipe: unfermented moonshine

One or More: Sugar,   Only one sugar is allowed.  

The one or more any cereal portion works.

perodin/ratheden

Edited by Ratheden
Still Broken 2nov1800hrs

Don't know if this is meant to be, but when creating dough it comes out at .6kg.

If you place more then one in the FSB it will auto combine them into a larger piece of dough, 1.3kg big.

A simple test, i made 10 pieces of rye dough, each @ .6kg, FSB'd them.

Pulling them out i got 4 pieces @ 1.3kg and  a left over @ .78kg.

Tested for wheat, rye, oat and barley.

Recommend that the fsb be set to allow the .6kg dough weights.

On 2016-10-27 at 3:16 PM, zigozag said:

Or we could have a bunch of recipes per skill with stacking affinities, so, for instance, 1 of 5 carpentry meals would provide 1 affinity to carpentry, but all 5 eaten for lunch would give you 5 affinities to carpentry. To make it realistic, these 5 should be of different kinds, i.e. beverage, salad, soup, a meal and dessert. Boom, 100 useful recipes instead of 20. And just forget the CCFP, what is this, a dietologist simulator?

I want to see someone debate this :-)

1 hour ago, Neville said:

I want to see someone debate this :-)

All I can think of when seeing 5 affinities from food is making Wurm too easy. The affinities should not be as effective as pre-granted affinities (10% skillgain) but they should rely on quality highly. For example, a 5ql meal won't give you a skillgain boost but a 10ql meal will give you 1% skillgain, as well as a 20ql meal will give you 2% skillgain. Then I wouldn't see it as a bit abusive.

Also I think alcoholic beverages should give a temporary CR boost considering you become more warlike when you're tipsy. Ofcourse above a certain threshold of alcohol consumption you would start losing CR instead but having a cup of mead with your fellows and rushing of to fight trolls would be fun.

I can see the temporary affinities being useful, but the CCFP seems unnecessarily added to the mix for... reasons? The whole system didn't need to change for people to want to cook for affinities. I can imagine that to a new player this could be off-putting...

So, another thing, will meals be easier to get to higher ql with the update?

17 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

I can see the temporary affinities being useful, but the CCFP seems unnecessarily added to the mix for... reasons? The whole system didn't need to change for people to want to cook for affinities. I can imagine that to a new player this could be off-putting...

So, another thing, will meals be easier to get to higher ql with the update?

its actually incredibly easy once you try it. It provides smalll boosts that mean certain meals can be useful in different situations

typical meal difficulty isnt being changed, it's still easy to get high ql

Any plans for a player owned innkeep/bartender npc to dole out the brews and pizza?

unfermented berry gin

Allows for One or more: Wheat and/or Sugar in the recipe. BUT adding in more then on breaks the recipe.  Only one is allowed at this time.  Recommend adjusting recipe to work as stated, one OR more.

Perodin.

Waxed Papyrus, or paper when place back in the bsb, converts to plain papyrus. Is this intended? Both paper and papyrus when waxed have a combine option, but do not actually combine.

Perodin

New recipe broken

Black Mushroom

Buffalo Cheese

Water

Dry Pasta

Then asks for a 2nd dry pasta, and then tells you to remove one.

Perodin.

Unable to Diced or Minced Cooked meats/roasted meats.  Thus these meats are VERY limited in scope. especially plain cooked meat.

Edited by Ratheden
Clarity

Issues Perodin is having:

Cheeseburger:  Cannot add tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.

As condiments these 2 should be able to be added to almost anything.

Salt: should be able to add this to most recipes.

Stir Fry: can only add one kind of veg. should be able to add quite a few.

Wax sealing kit: only seems to seal pottery jars. Should IMO seal pottery bowls too, to allow sealing of larger items.. Should be able to seal wooden barrels as well *non liquids that is*. IRL barrels were sealed to preserve salted meats.

Example of the last idea would be salt in a barrel, wax sealing kit, and meat.  Would produce salted Meat. possibly jerky.  great for storing meat when your way out on the steppe and far from home.

Frying Pan:  Too Small.  many a time i am forced to cut back due to the small size of this cookware. and in one case, cannot even complete the recipe.  

Pancakes.   Fruits and nuts should be able to be added. 

Perodin/Ratheden

Edited by Ratheden
ideas added

Frying Pan:

Salt

Basil:  Have you tried adding any Veg?

Fried Chopped Carrot or Chopped Pea Pod or Chopped Cabbage: Have you tried adding any meat? 

*note Here i added 2 veggies. 1 veggie and meat will make a meal*

Roasted Fish Fillet:  Have you tried adding a dough?

Dough, Rye

[03:54:51] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

It seems i was upon a new recipe, but...

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!

There's pancake recipes... and apparently NO Waffles!

Well! Now its obvious where Tich stands on the Waffles vs Pancakes. You pancake heretic... just letting your butter and syrup slide all over the place. ;)

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

On 10/26/2016 at 4:51 AM, Retrograde said:

its random per person, but the same meal with the same ingredients will always give the same affinity

On 10/26/2016 at 11:02 AM, Retrograde said:

it is a temporary affinity affected by ql of meal, difficulty of meal, and how much you eat, and will always be the same affinity as long as its made by the game ingredients.

Can someone please clarify few questions ?

What you mean Retro by saying same meal with same ingredients? I do not see how same meal with same name can be made by different ingredients. Sorry bit confused here :huh: Maybe you mean same ingredients from same fsb ?

Also what about container where it was cooked and cooker? If I make same meal (with same meal name ) and ingredients as I made before but I use different fry pan or cauldron etc and I cook it in different oven will I get same affinity ?

If not...  that is really complicated , how can we remember which container or cooker we used to make it ? Or we need always stick to same oven and carry with us all those cooking containers or keep them in oven with your name etc ? I am trying to setup perfect kitchen for my villagers and not sure how to make it easy and comfortable to navigate, with all these complications I afraid my villagers will run away from kitchen or lose interest in cooking at all.

For example, they will ask me or our other chefs to make same meal because it gave them specific affinity and we will make that same meal but because we used different cooker or container, it will give them something different.

Can someone help me to understand how it suppose to work ? Thanks !

The affinity is based off the ingredients and the TYPE of container and cooker

Some recipes allow addition of optional ingredients, or simply require ANY type of meat, if you use horse meat one time, and then dog meat the next, you'll get a different affinity.

cooking on a campfire vs oven will also change the affinity

The specific container doesn't matter, only the type (some meals have multiple ways of cooking them)

This means that there's an enormous amount of variations you can do to find a meal that suits you with an affinity you like

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The affinity is based off the ingredients and the TYPE of container

Some recipes allow addition of optional ingredients, or simply require ANY type of meat, if you use horse meat one time, and then dog meat the next, you'll get a different affinity.

The specific container doesn't matter, only the type (some meals have multiple ways of cooking them)

I do not think the cooking method(forge oven fire) is counted but I will confirm before saying so. Even then it would simply require an oven, not a specific oven.

Thank you bunch Retro for quick reply ! I  feel better now and my pumpkin head ache gone LOL It makes perfect sense now. Optional ingredients and type of meal or containers makes difference for affinity :) Probably same with type of cooker , let us know when it confirmed please.

Also wanted to ask if it possible to add option to be able to rename meal ( simply adding your name to it ) , this way we will be able to know who cooked that specific meal which will simplify requests to chefs. It will be useful in villages with many people and chefs. Atm meals can't be renamed sadly.

Edited by Rhea
added suggestion

13 hours ago, Rhea said:

Also wanted to ask if it possible to add option to be able to rename meal ( simply adding your name to it ) , this way we will be able to know who cooked that specific meal which will simplify requests to chefs. It will be useful in villages with many people and chefs. Atm meals can't be renamed sadly.

The Type of cooker is also used to determine the affinity.

Yes, you should now be able to rename your meals, but the chef who made it will be added automatically, to the examine message, depending on if they have sufficient skill. Also so will when it was made (but that is in wurm terms)

• Like 2

Finally made some time to go on the test server. Amount of recipes is mind boggling, thank you Tich and others for putting all this work and time into it. Here are some things I found:

Missing a word here (probably "use"):
"Target actions (e.g. ones you one item on another)" in CookBook menu.

Recipes made in frying pan: stew (meat) isn't listed.

If you try to sort recipe names in any of the "List of recipes that use <ingredient>" screens, the cookbook closes.

Please show recipe names in ascending order by default in all the screens.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:37 AM, Ratheden said:

New recipe broken

Black Mushroom

Buffalo Cheese

Water

Dry Pasta

Then asks for a 2nd dry pasta, and then tells you to remove one.

Perodin.

ok, this is been edited it seems, Now it asks:

Sauce Pan

Black mushroom

Dry pasta

Water

Buffalo Cheese      Have you tried adding a spaghetti?

Raw spaghetti        Have you tried adding a bouquet of purple flowers?

bouquet of purple flowers.

[19:02:15] The items inside do not make any known recipe.

Perodin

Still getting wood scraps in the barrels after unsealing, but it seems not every barrel.

when making wort with hops, unable to add more then one barley or sugar, despite the recipe saying we can.

Edited by Ratheden

I've reset all players recipe list as a fair number were missing details, i've fixed the issue but they need to be remade to appear in your cookbook again

I'll be working my way through the above over the next few days.

• Like 2

Unable to store fresh herbs and spices in a food storage bin, trying to give the message "Only unprocessed food items can be stored that way."

This includes fresh basil, ginger, lovage, mint, oregano, paprika, parsley, sage, sassafras, thyme and turmeric.