Sign in to follow this  
Army

Please Close - Desolation MOBA Weekend

While Desolation 3 was still up, I worked on a smaller side project, called Desolation MOBA. It was planned to include this as some kind of PvP minigame at some point.

It was never finished because I stopped working on it when the idea for Desolation 4 came up. But instead of letting it die in silence, everyone will be able to check it out this weekend.

It's unfinished, may contains serious bugs and probably got some other problems I can't even think of at the moment, but it should be enough to have a bit fun.

So, how it works:

There are 2 teams (+ spectators) in the arena. Both teams get a boss (rift jackal) when the game starts.

Both sides are spawning waves of goblins that will try to attack the enemy boss, but they won't be able to kill the both without help by the players.

Both spawns are locked wich 2 gates. To get a lockpick you have to kill enemy goblins. Every enemy goblin you kill will give you a chance to improve you gear, give you cotton or give you a lockpick.

Once a player got a lockpick it will be announced and he can try to lockpick into the enemy spawn. Once the enemy boss is dead, the game ends and announces the winners. Your items get reset and you loose all your skills.

The map got 3 lanes, each one contains a magical turret in the middle. The turrets will shoot at every player and goblin.

The game starts only if both teams have at least one player.

Server IP: 8.26.94.102:3728

Server Name: Desolation MOBA

Teamspeak IP: 8.26.94.102

Thanks to Nappy for hosting the server.

The server will stay open for this weekend only.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler

VEXu6gO.png

kJQ2bdQ.png

YWAMSZ3.png

skfhs0x.png

I hope this will be at least a bit of PvP fun while you are waiting for Desolation 4 launch :)

Edited by Army
  • Like 1

I played this a few times with Army this week as we did some testing etc. It was a great time just playing 1 vs 1 so I am really looking forward to trying it with more players.

I need to stop working on the weekends, it is seriously diminishing my ability to play wurm...

damnit i was just about to finally get on.. xD

Army logged in shortly before it went down hopefully he gets it back up =D

Yup, server crashed.

It's back up, have fun!

I keep loosing connection and so do other people randomly anything in the server logs kicking us off?

I think I found the issue. I will restart the server after the next round and we will see if it's fixed then.

Also tabs r legit, make peeps default 40 or something fs so we all drop them.

this is obviously a frame version, but i finally had some fun in wurm again lel :D

10/10, army for lead dev

there is some wierd stuff with the wounds after this shutdown i logged back in and joined a team,  had a bad head wound but was at 100 health

cleared up after i died and respawned

and i think the server just froze again :P

Awesome job, thanks!

Couple things JK goblins only spawn at the start of the round. I think you should set every ones fs at the same level and lock it. Can pretty much gate hop and heal yourself indefinitely or just to break combat making it very hard to be hit, takes 4-5 seconds to swing a weapon so as long as you keep crossing the gates threshold in less than swing time you won't get hit unless you make a bad move. Lastly keep freezing and having to relog seems to be common.

Definitely an interesting idea and quite fun

Give players shields. Archery skill raises quickly and we dont have protection from it.

What you guys are seeing is a prototype that Army put together for a concept that he really wanted to share. Like he said not intended to be production grade. Sounds like people are having fun! I wonder if there is interest in having a production grade version?

There is deffinetly interest in this type of server. I bet that when there's no activity on pvp servers ppl will join here and have some quick fun. Great work.

MOBA server remains available for about 24 more hours. Give it a try if you haven't yet.

im in there now, but it wasnt on the list i had to join it manually by ip, may need a restart or soemthing