Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Trade route damaged by canal - Acme Coast / SW Mystic lake

Hi, i think i'm doing the right thing.

n6ycWKC.jpg
Too deep for horses
iGFm5lZ.jpg
The mine entrance to the right, stretches half way across the server, north east to North Mystic lake (via Wolfs Den)  and west to .. all sorts of places.
The mine entrance to the left stops being waterlogged 4 tiles in then continues as a 1 tile tunnel for a very long way, rock shards on every tile.
Theshaw  was at the end of it, mining rock.

His alliance knows nothing of this and i want to know why a route that's heavily relied upon has been broken.

Maybe he didn't do it but the shards were mined by a skilled player. the only other evidence of destructive action is a couple of off deed buildings closeby. 
(Dellas Winterhold amongst them))

Does anyone have a clue? can i fill this hole in the road or can i build a bridge on it.
I'd ask theshaw but if standing in front of him asking questions in a remote local place doesn't get his attention, i'd rather not get p***** off by trying harder.

He moved and started mining a different wall. oblivious to my presence, he practically walked through me.
you can't select a new wall with set world no render on.
if i didn't know better...

sorry and thank you. i am genuinely disturbed & perplexed.

Edited by Steveleeb

was he macroing?

edit: from what you said it sounds like he was using a script to mine while afk. You should report to GMs

Edited by Lunn
  • Like 1

indeed.
he's played this game for longer than me and when we first met 3 years ago, he allowed me to milk his trader but i was unable to sort out the ratio because i got completely lost upon returning to do so. (newbie)
a misjudgement of me was made so yeah, he coulda simply been ignoring me.

I've no idea and tbh, i intend to keep my feelings at bay.
what disturbs me is the fate, of the trade route.

If that road is 2 tiles the whole way, or at least between some deeds, this counts as highway vandalism and should be reported to a GM.

That said, if the tunnel is intended to serve as canal, the highway could be rerouted or a bridge placed over that section, if some kind of compromise is needed.

I'm fairly sure at least one GM has read this already and is awaiting the outcome of theshaw reading it.
I don't want to issue an accusation until i hear the manner of his defense. 
even then, there's plenty of lies that can cover such behavior.
I've reported observed facts as objectively as possible. that's the best i can do.

I'm at a rift at the moment otherwise i woulda returned and used bandicam to film the bugger

i would love to. but whoever is responsible for this mess, could destroy it for a number of reasons. expectation amongst them.

Okay before you start spreading things around like a supposed macro, take into consideration someone's situation.

Shaw is a trucker and I know for a fact that he plays while on the road (not the safest but I know plenty of very dedicated wurmians who follow suit)

Mining is exactly what he does when on the road, when I catch him mining I never expect an instant reply because Subie has told me at least 3 times that if he doesn't answer its because he's driving. Please stop assuming, also this is a name and shame which is not allowed.

I didn't assume.
i assumed two possibilities and did not present them.
both possibilities are still valid

Edited by Steveleeb

5 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

I didn't assume.
i assumed two possibilities and did not present them.
both possibilities are still valid

P.s. Shaw is responsible for 90% of delis underground highways so if anything at all he's fixing the mess

Just so were clear that tunnel is the end of one he CREATED it goes right up to WONDERLAND which is his deed!!! Also. Macro is defined by a program. They don't crack down on mouses with pre-sets. Then again it takes all of 2 seconds of attention to que up actions when key-bound

beware the tides of apathy and the utility of convenience.
I know what he's responsible for, i wouldn't call it 90%
the network i refer to uses wonderland as a major nexus so yes, i acknowledge the permanence he's contributed towards. 

I had to report this. it was too bizarre, your alliance knows nothing about it, there were no signs, just disruption.
you dont disable a highway then work on a mine.. you work on the mine first.
(yes i know it's not technically a highway i shoulda paved it ages ago)
and his `physical` behavior, was unblinking upon `seeing` and `hearing` me.
so i reported it. as objectively as possible. 

Edited by Steveleeb

3 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

beware the tides of apathy and the utility of convenience.
I know what he's responsible for, i wouldn't call it 90%
the network i refer to uses wonderland as a major nexus so yes, i acknowledge the permanence he's contributed towards. 

I had to report this. it was too bizarre, your alliance knows nothing about it, there were no signs, just disruption.
and his `physical` behavior, was unblinking upon `seeing` and `hearing` me.

I understand where you're coming from entirely but when one is driving truck, leans over and ques up and then looks no further, there is no need for acknowledgement.

The alliance has no reason to be brought up.

yes it has.
i sought truth, aside from flapping my arms about in front of him, asking the alliance was the next place to ask.

"Beware the tides of apathy and the utility of convenience" 

I am using neither, purely logic and facts that are known. Shaw is the most helpful and reasonable guy on deliverance, for you to publicly shame him is petty. Perhaps next time submit a ticket, that is the correct protocol for a situation such as this.

not you.
when you play the game for a long time, you get bored of aspects and you compromise with apathy and convenience.
it can happen. players have been caught in the past

ok this rift experience is ruined, im heading home.

Edited by Steveleeb

4 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

yes it has.
i sought truth, aside from flapping my arms about in front of him, asking the alliance was the next place to ask.

So you flap your arms to the forums instead?

The correct response would have been to wait for a proper reply.

I can attest that TheShawv doesn't talk while he's working, but he does frequently queue mining actions to get things done on Wurm.

He would never have malicious intent to ruin your beloved trade route, Steve.

Chances are, he's improving it. And as most things work in this game, it has to get worse before it gets better. So give it time and don't blast innocent people by name on the forums.

• Like 1

I did not flap my... oh for fff.
jesus christ

it's not my beloved trade route.
I did not flap my arms on the forum, i kinda am now.
the route was destroyed before the mine was even started.
his collective knew nothing about it.
there was no sign.

initiative, i appreciate but when you do something so impacting, you tell someone.
Truck driver? well he can't be using a macro then can he, i mean why would he.. for safety?
i don't care about favoritism or bias and i expect none myself.

1 hour ago, Chimerical said:

So give it time and don't blast innocent people by name on the forums.

blast? shall i show you what that looks like? just so you know?
i did no such thing, his name is not on the title, he's mentioned once on the post and my stance was one of a confused person asking questions.

that is not a blast.
but go ahead, paint your utterly subjective picture and paint it big. go on, add colour that wasnt there before and ile try to believe a man would do the same.
go girl

Edited by Steveleeb

46 minutes ago, SugarFoxx said:

Shaw is a trucker and I know for a fact that he plays while on the road

For once, I have no words.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

For once, I have no words.

Super not the point though... Doesn't constitute being blasted on the forums.

read my reply. you're like a broken record.
I'll paste it again, just for you

it's not my beloved trade route.
I did not flap my arms on the forum, i kinda am now.
the route was destroyed before the mine was even started.
his collective knew nothing about it.
there was no sign.

initiative, i appreciate but when you do something so impacting, you tell someone.
Truck driver? well he can't be using a macro then can he, i mean why would he.. for safety?
i don't care about favoritism or bias and i expect none myself.

:READ:

1 hour ago, Chimerical said:

So give it time and don't blast innocent people by name on the forums.

blast? shall i show you what that looks like? just so you know?
i did no such thing, his name is not on the title, he's mentioned once on the post and my stance was one of a confused person asking questions.

that is not a blast. 
but go ahead, paint your utterly subjective picture and paint it big. go on, add colour that wasnt there before and ile try to believe a man would do the same.
go girl.. unrealistic and fanciful. to a tee.

Edited by Steveleeb

Ok Im at the rift atm but multiple people sent me tells about this topic so I will put this to rest now.

1) Trade route disrupted? There is no road beyond this tunnel entrance, but there will be a bridge and a road once I am done making my entrance and boat tunnel complete.

2) I mine afk 7-9 hours a day, I am not sitting there available to chat with anyone who happens to walk by in the tunnels I dig. Everyone in my alliance knows that I am afk all day on and off I answer tells when I can, see I work for a living but lucky me I can afk mine at work.

3) I am making a boat tunnel to my underground docks at Wonderland. There is also a cart entrance a few tiles farther East of this Unfinished water entrance. I just opened it up a week ago and I am working hard to get it finished. anyone may use it if they wish it will be public.

4) Public transportation tunnels , just like the tens-of-thousands of tiles of reenforced travel tunnels that extends from that entrance north to Wolfs Den, East to Heana and west to Deli Keep. Wonderland is my home along with my wife Subie. Please feel free to use the tunnels to hunt and travel. Along with Wolfs Den boat/cart tunnel which I also did 90% of the work on.

5) I do not Macro, never have = never will. I do not need to, I play long and hard to get my skills up and do my best to be friendly and help everyone on Deli get where they need to go. You will also notice improved roads slabbed checker style, marble/ stone radiating outwards from Wonderland. I am also workign above ground when time allows to improve the nearby road system for everyone.

If you have a concern about any of my projects, or would liek to help in any way just send me a tell in the evening hours EST or send Subie a tell when she is on. We will return your tells as soon as we get a free moment to respond and we are not afk. I do not ignore anyone, if I do not like you , you are sure to know how I feel.

Theshawv of Wonderland

• Like 7

Thank you

edit;
if you would like assistance building that bridge. please tell me 

Edited by Steveleeb

I would like an embassador to talk to the next deed to the east to negotiate a place top put a road along the shore line since there is currently none beyond my tunnel I started leveling ground but got distracted with the addition to the house in RL, almost done building the 600 sq/ft weight room :) Go Subie