Sign in to follow this  
gabars

Sheepdogs

The idea is pretty simple, real life guardian dogs lived with the livestock and were used to guard them against predators, and herding dogs were used to control the herd. What I would like to see in Wurm is a simpler mix of the two, basically, a breed of dog (or any regular dog?) that once tamed could break up pile-ups of livestock on a tile. I.e. there is a large pen with many sheep in it and a tamed sheepdog, 3 sheep end up on the same tile, the dog walks to them and spreads them apart so they don't catch a disease.

• Like 10

+1

Would like anything that has domesticated pets. Maybe add cats eventually?

• Like 4

I like your idea because it gives an additional worthwhile reason to look after and feed dogs. Coming from a farming community as I do, it would be nice to see a Border Collie running around the place.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gabars said:

The idea is pretty simple, real life guardian dogs lived with the livestock and were used to guard them against predators, and herding dogs were used to control the herd. What I would like to see in Wurm is a simpler mix of the two, basically, a breed of dog (or any regular dog?) that once tamed could break up pile-ups of livestock on a tile. I.e. there is a large pen with many sheep in it and a tamed sheepdog, 3 sheep end up on the same tile, the dog walks to them and spreads them apart so they don't catch a disease.

Tamed? EEEEewwww:wacko:;

Since.. we're limited to having just 1 tamed animal at a time... that alone is going to be annoying to keep the dog tamed and re-taming it once you had to tame something else to be able to ride a HH, lead a deer/pheasant/another dog.. etc..

branded + cared for.. should be better..; *you might have 1 animal pen.. but some people have like 10x - do they need to make 10 characters to use this feature than?

Dog's barking to split and spread the animals - pfffffffffffffffffff :wub:, that's an amazing idea! simple, no need for the player to do anything than set it up.. and less disease-free animal pens <3.

+1

• Like 1

yep n make them stay at home like they should .instead of swimming like fish, doing nothing ,our greatest pet n we have nothing for them but click( come to this spot) , do sheep n horses ,and bark at strangers lol how cool

This is a great idea, but it wouldn't begin to address the creature pathing issues we're having, like spiders and other creatures climbing up mountains where you cannot reach them.

*Edit* the more I think about it, the easier this is to implement.  Whatever code causes sheep and cows to scatter like roaches when a player walks near.... apply the same code to dogs, BLACK sheep and maybe bulls.

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 2

I love this idea for breaking up herds!! In my WU game I have a couple dogs with my cattle even though they don't actually do anything lol. It would be great if dogs could actually have a purpose!

• Like 2