Sign in to follow this  
Ecrir

Password length

I just made a new alt (CorodixTwo) and gave him a password with a length of 32 characters (a 128 bit password auto generated by keypass). This went fine when creating the account, but when I try to use this password to login the Play button remains disabled and it displays "the password is too long" message. Trying to change the password on the site also doesn't work, then it gives me the error "Must fill in old password". I haven't used reset password, on purpose, as I have a lot of characters on this e-mail and would rather not reset all their passwords. So I don't require any help with this account as I can simply make another with a shorter password.

So it looks like character creation does not use the same logic to check if the password is good compared to the game itself, thus making it possible to register with a password which then cannot be used. From what I'm seeing removing just one character will remove "The password is too long", but of course that won't let me login as the password doesn't match.

Hi, thanks for the details, looks like the length checks are not consistent. Can you try using your player name (CorodixTwo) instead of an email address in the password reset page?

That works until I get to the Challenge Answer, it's saying I've got the wrong answer, though I'm pretty sure it's correct. That's one thing I should have stored in keypass.

Thanks. Just to confirm details, when you first entered the 32 character password, was that in-game or through the web site? If the latter, was it when the character was first created?

I don't see any details beyond a failed challenge response, but I've lodged a password reset request support ticket for the GM team. For future reference they may be contacted via in-game support (use the /support command) or if you are unable to create a support ticket for some reason you may email gamemods@wurmonline.com. I'll also created a bug report to look at consistency between the client, server and web site password checks.

Edit: Requested additional details

Edited by Taufiq
Requested additional details

I entered the 32 character password through the website after receiving the "Wurm online character creation request" e-mail. It was indeed when the character was first created.