Okay, we get it.   The cooking update is still coming. 
Now, how about a useful tutorial and then shortly after some kind of advertising?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

gardening

[22:37:42] Gardening increased by 0.0224 to 53.0530

Excellent!  :D

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Ayes on the herb growing. Why not use wooden planters that we got for lavender flowerbeds for herb growing and just make the little legs longer so they are off the ground some?

Game still needs more berries: cranberry, rubus chamaemorus, juniper etc and ability to make dye, juices and hc's out of those.

• Like 1

You had me at

"The following spices are available:

Ginger - may be planted"

Why not also allow them to be planted in both the wooden and marble planters?

• Like 1

*fires up rare kiln* Guess since it's getting closer I better start making my pots.

5 hours ago, Ulost said:

Game still needs more berries: cranberry, rubus chamaemorus, juniper etc and ability to make dye, juices and hc's out of those.

Don't forget snozzberries

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ulost said:

funny, I always thought it needed more cowbell.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

funny, I always thought it needed more cowbell.

Come on baby don't fear the developer

• Like 1

For those interested in gardening skill, trellises offer a very decent skill gain for them. 

11 hours ago, Talohan said:

Gotta agree with Ayes on the herb growing. Why not use wooden planters that we got for lavender flowerbeds for herb growing and just make the little legs longer so they are off the ground some?

Yeah, some form of off-the-ground planter would look a lot better in my opinion.

I never really found cooking in wurm interesting. This is very exciting. it will be a breath of fresh air making other things then meals. :)

On 10/14/2016 at 9:58 AM, Ostentatio said:

Also, paprika is made out of dried ground peppers. Does that mean we can grow peppers, or is it some kind of magic bush that spits out dried powder?

I was thinking the same. We have the grindstone (millstone) that might do well for that, but a mortar and pestle would make more sense.

Also, while harvesting the (tree) seeds used to make the nutmeg, mace would be another spice that can also be made from those same seeds. I would prefer having to harvest the raw component first, similar to harvesting the maple sap which is only boiled down to syrup. If we wanted to get more technical, the resulting syrup would have a volume somewhere around 40 times less than the initial sap.

I see both Fennel the herb and Fennel Seed the spice.  Are all of the herbs grown from their seeds or are some planted directly?  Great looking new content, I can't wait to try it out on the new test servers.

I agree with greyfox... ADVERTISING :)

now with all this food... and the ability to sit .... can we get some food animations... a better design for meals.... on high graphics... steam coming off them if hot... perhaps animation for eating... and maybe a food i can eat that takes a while so if i want to role play i can literally be eating for 10-15 minutes and talking rather than just eating til im full then nibbling cos its such high ql. 

these are really the PVP changes we need to bring a thriving population back to the community. We want eating animations to go with the cooking update... and up to date food and fork/spoon utility!!! 

am i right? 

• Like 1

this came out 6 days ago on the 14th but i still am not seeing it on the front page when i log in to the game... why isnt it showing up there? is this just me? i just see week #40 ;( 

1 hour ago, KrisWald said:

this came out 6 days ago on the 14th but i still am not seeing it on the front page when i log in to the game... why isnt it showing up there? is this just me? i just see week #40 ;( 

Attempting to pester Retrograde about this now.