Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 13/OCT/16

• Added additional checks to prevent unattended combat skill gain. Skill gain will now stop after a period of time with a cooldown per animal.
  • Added additional checks for BL player gods to address alignment issues when changing gods.
  • Bugfix: Removed “add to crafting window” option on trebuchet.
  • Bugfix: Disabled battle camp and dueling ring push/pull actions which had no effect.
  • Bugfix: Can now repair a boat while commanding it.
  • Bugfix: Aiming ability is now recalculated correctly after switching weapons in combat.
  • Bugfix: Corrected characteristic skills showing as 20 instead of 30 for characters that have lost premium.
  • Bugfix: Corrected several text grammar and spacing mistakes.
  • Bugfix: Planting flowers will no longer use all flowers if queued on a single tile.
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Corrected characteristic skills for characters that have lost premium

What problems?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Added additional macro checks to prevent unattended combat skill gain.

unattended combat skill gain? perhaps a little bit of elaboration please because i seem to fail to understand what this one is for.

5 minutes ago, pkerguy said:

unattended combat skill gain? perhaps a little bit of elaboration please because i seem to fail to understand what this one is for.

If you aren't using a macro you have nothing to worry about.

I think they nerfed shield training. I got about 12 mins of skill gain, then nothing. Hardly macroing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Czar said:

I think they nerfed shield training. I got about 12 mins of skill gain, then nothing. Hardly macroing.

Could you elaborate on the method...?

Cuz if pen-training with animals is no longer a thing then the whole skill needs a boost in skillgain... its abhorrently slow and is nowhere near on par in speed comparable to weapons.

Hunting for shield skillgain is wayyyyy too slow.

I personally got over 90 already so im not affected, but those with less will be.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 12

Just now, Zekezor said:

Attacking a barded horse with no weapon until you run out of stamina. Pen-training is as good a name as any. Skill gain just cuts out after a certain point, no stats, no shield skill, nothing.

Alas, so much for my defender title.

5 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

Cuz if pen-training with animals is no longer a thing then the whole skill needs a boost in skillgain... its abhorrently slow and is nowhere near on par in speed comparable to weapons.

Hunting for shield skillgain is wayyyyy too slow.

I personally got over 90 already so im not affected, but those with less will be.

If like to know this same thing. I'm not affected but if newer players will have to resort to only hunting for shield skill then this change pretty much just broke the whole how do we make newer players more viable approach that recent changes had targeted.

Now as far as macroing shield training not sure that is even a thing? Could be wrong, or perhaps there is some other combat related skills some players were indeed macroing that is not widely known about? 

• Like 1

I switched to another horse for a bit, then switched back, still no gains from original horse. Suggests to me there is now a timer that starts after you have attacked an animal for a while and while the timer runs no skill gain can be had from it. Logging out doesn't reinstate skill gain either. I think pen-training as you call it is a thing of the past.

• Like 1

Shield training isn't macro'd, you just stand in a pen fighting the same horse until stamina is gone, back off and heal up and then repeat the process while you watch a film or something because it's boring. Hunting for shield skill would melt your brain and is not a viable option.

Forcing players to switch horses every few mins is straight up retarded. It didn't work the last time they added it and it certainly isn't going to help now when players are already leaving the game. Leave shield training alone FFS!!. Fix stuff that is actually broken.

Edited by BeardedMan
  • Like 9

The shield fix makes sense if you just up'd the skillgain. Instead there is now a gap of people who got high 90's in their respective shield skills and now a player-base that could never catch up.

2 minutes ago, BeardedMan said:

Shield training isn't macro'd, you just stand in a pen fighting the same horse until stamina is gone, back off and heal up and then repeat the process while you watch a film or something because it's boring. Hunting for shield skill would melt your brain and is not a viable option.

Forcing players to switch horses every few mins is straight up retarded. It didn't work the last time they added it and it certainly isn't going to help now when players are already leaving the game. Leave shield training alone ffs!. Fix stuff that is actually broken.

Amen, all I have to say to this perfectly worded comment.

I think the FFS! Needs to be capitalized and exaggerated a bit more though. 

• Like 4

Pls revert shield skillgain change, it does not really affect old players while makes much harder for new players to catch up.

• Like 1

You can gain shield skill on new animals, just not sit at the same one. (a.k.a. unattended play)

oh wait... let me get things right, i'm shield bashing and shield training a pig with SB for a few hours... note the shield bashing which means i'm active, behind my screen and hitting my keyboard... now I'm considered a macroer (like really ? unnatended = macro?!) and can't do that anymore due to that "fix" ?

• Like 2

I get it, but you have just created possibly the biggest most damaging window of opportunity in wurm history. Shield skill is enormously important in combat, doing it the "normal way" you could hunt all the way to 90fs and be lucky to have 40-50 skill in one shield. That's why almost everyone trained shields the way we did.

• Like 4

Is it that hard to move to another animal or two?

1 minute ago, Czar said:

I get it, but you have just created possibly the biggest most damaging window of opportunity in wurm history. Shield skill is enormously important in combat, doing it the "normal way" you could hunt all the way to 90fs and be lucky to have 40-50 skill in one shield. That's why almost everyone trained shields the way we did.

I agree, lets drop all shield skills down to 50!

Edited by SeeD

Guys you dont get it. It is our fault for not having 90 skill on all shields already, including players that might join in the future

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Czar said:

biggest most damaging window of opportunity in wurm history

This.

1 minute ago, SeeD said:

We don't know how long skill gain is locked on each animal yet, I still can't get skill gain from the original horse.

1 minute ago, SeeD said:

yes its irritating to move between 6 animals every hour 

• Like 1

What if the animal is permanently marked as used and you can never use it again on that animal? I have a feeling that is the case

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You can gain shield skill on new animals, just not sit at the same one. (a.k.a. unattended play)

It's still going to be unattended play.. Just need 12 horses  to cycle through now..

First time they did this the timer reset after 3 hours iirc.

2 minutes ago, BeardedMan said:

It's still going to be unattended play.. Just need 12 horses  to cycle through now..

First time they did this the timer reset after 3 hours iirc.

Having to move every 10-15 minutes tells me that its a lot harder to do unattended

shield skill can be a pain though, but fairly easy to raise in the wild too